Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Turbokit is out and it's sick

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2004, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's all chip in and get the poor boy an AEM!!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YES.

Finally, I AM DONE. I am soooo tired and I am at work now and I can’t see front of me .

I will post more later on. However, I will give you guys a lot of info now. The kit is work of art itself no doubt. The car is working now, no oil leaks no water leaks no issues except my ECU is lost and my service engine is on and I don’t know why?? I am taking my car to AutoZone to get some read on this. I did not push hard on the car at all and my WG sounds soooooo sweet like HEHEHEHEH. I love it. but I cant go fast and I have been switching gears between 2000 and 3000 rpm. I will be installing AFC next week with my boost gauges. Al will be here some time end of July and I won’t be able to give you guys any feed back about spooling or power before then. The kit fits with no problems except very very few.

1- I had to shave about 2 MM from my AC where the down pipe goes down. ( took me exactly 2 min )
2- The down pipe is work of art starting with welding ending with size. However, it does not clear the cross bars( you will need spacers).
3- the WG dump pipe that connects to the DP was of by 1 centimeter. ( had to bend the pipe took me 30 min)

other than that the kit was a perfect bolt on no issues it does clear the radiator by far with no heat issues and the parts are high quality made as well. I will post a lot of pics later on today stay tuned.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

I want AEM but I just spent so much money. I will go with AEM some time next year. However AL flash was able to work on many huge turbo kits and I saw the results myself.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 08:28 AM

Az3ar, have you seen this thread?

Wanted: EVO with ATP turbo kit

Shiv is looking for 2-3 Evo's with the ATP kit. It's ironic since I was up there yesterday and discussed the possiblity of doing the ATP kit and having Vinshu custom tune it with Lamtron that very day. I guess I'm lucky Shiv didn't mention this when I talked to him, I might have stopped at ATP on my way home and who knows what kind of damage that would have done to my check book.

Last edited by Buzzard; Jun 18, 2004 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Old Jun 18, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

The tread is not working
Old Jun 18, 2004, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
I want AEM but I just spent so much money. I will go with AEM some time next year. However AL flash was able to work on many huge turbo kits and I saw the results myself.
Gosh Az3ar, I couldn't imagine waiting a full month and a half to get a flash. Just go up to Vishnu or Works (of course, I'd pick Vishnu) and get it taken care of. Go to the Vishnu forum. Shiv is offering 1/2 off to tune the first few ATP 3071 kits. After the half off, it is the same price as the Dynoflash.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Why not free since he is like a gineu pig !!!!!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I know that that 'swhy I am calling them. I have already paied AL man what can I do??? I love Al flash but my car will be between 2000 and 3000 rpm for one ful month before I can do ****. I feel like ****.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

yea free
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

yeah and then you can buy an xede for 900 too!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

lol
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Az3ar,
I'm sure Al would gladly refund your money. It is not like you waited til the last second to back out.
Since Nestea mentioned it, you would be much better off to get the Xede, but it is not necessary. You can use your AFC on an Xflash just as easy as a Dynoflash. Of course, if you go with the Xede, you shouldn't bother with the AFC - just return if or sell it.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

ok guys I need your help. I really dont have room for mistakes anymore because my wife is about to kill me . I got 750 injectors and extra Fuel pump and AFC that i did not use and she is freaking out. so i have 3 ways to go.
1 AL flash with AFC $550 for AL and $160 for AFC installed plus $250 for the AFC that I paied for already
2 Works flash they want me to buy there injectors 700 CC for $495 plus about $500 for flash
3 Xede which i will call them and figure out today hope its not toooo much money.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buzzard
Az3ar, have you seen this thread? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85400

Shiv is looking for 2-3 Evo's with the ATP kit. It's ironic since I was up there yesterday and discussed the possiblity of doing the ATP kit and having Vinshu custom tune it with Lamtron that very day. I guess I'm lucky Shiv didn't mention this when I talked to him, I might have stopped at ATP on my way home and who knows what kind of damage that would have done to my check book.
Sorry about that. I didn't think about it until later in the day. I'm really curious about this kit and since ATP is just 20 minutes away, it would make sense for me to offer a proper engine management solution.

Shiv
Old Jun 18, 2004, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Az3ar,
I'm sure Al would gladly refund your money. It is not like you waited til the last second to back out.
Since Nestea mentioned it, you would be much better off to get the Xede, but it is not necessary. You can use your AFC on an Xflash just as easy as a Dynoflash. Of course, if you go with the Xede, you shouldn't bother with the AFC - just return if or sell it.
thanks for pointing that out scumrunner, however i believe the flash az3ar, has from dynoflash is not your run of the mill mail in, i'm postiive it was a custom tune from scratch.

Quick Reply: The Turbokit is out and it's sick