Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Turbokit is out and it's sick

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nastea
thanks for pointing that out scumrunner, however i believe the flash az3ar, has from dynoflash is not your run of the mill mail in, i'm postiive it was a custom tune from scratch.
Hamburglar,
I thought Az3ar had posted earlier that he had sent off for a mail in Dynoflash, but it seems he may have been talking about his deposit for a L.A. custom tune. I am VERY interested in this kit and how it runs. Maybe I am just being selfish and impatient, but I want to see how this kit works as soon as possible. I hate seeing Az3ar, who is soooo ready to get his $3000+ in parts tuned properly have to wait until July 31.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you mis-understand me, yes its a through the mail flash, but it at the same time, was mad from scratch. so its not the typical mail in
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Hamburglar,
I thought Az3ar had posted earlier that he had sent off for a mail in Dynoflash, but it seems he may have been talking about his deposit for a L.A. custom tune. I am VERY interested in this kit and how it runs. Maybe I am just being selfish and impatient, but I want to see how this kit works as soon as possible. I hate seeing Az3ar, who is soooo ready to get his $3000+ in parts tuned properly have to wait until July 31.
IIRC, ATP has software available for the kit. I believe it's a map that's rich and you go to the dyno, send ATP your A/F and your ECU and they reflash it. At least that's the way I understood it.

Now if you have other mods, then perhaps this isn't the best way to do it.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nastea
i think you mis-understand me, yes its a through the mail flash, but it at the same time, was mad from scratch. so its not the typical mail in
Ok, at least I understand you then. It just seems hard to believe that Al or ANY tuner could nail down ideal settings for a brand new turbo and kit with relatively unknown spool characteristics, boost levels, different injectors, etc.

I would believe about the best any tuner could do is to give a VERY conservative tune so that he could drive around until a proper tune could be done. If that is the case, Az3ar is more patient than I would be.

It just sucks that the customer that led the way for the kit's introduction here on Evom has to sit and wait for a month and a half before unleashing his setup on a track and reporting it's results back to the rest of us.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jun 18, 2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Yea great help guys. Soon I will be a supplier with all the set of the injectors that I have and the fuel pumps .. I am sure that ATP does not have a flash for this kit. or they would of offered it with the kit.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
IIRC, ATP has software available for the kit. I believe it's a map that's rich and you go to the dyno, send ATP your A/F and your ECU and they reflash it. At least that's the way I understood it.

Now if you have other mods, then perhaps this isn't the best way to do it.
Actually, in my opinion, ATP should pay for Az3ar to get tuned perfectly by themselves or from any reputable tuner. ATP benefited greatly from Az3ar and should reward him for the tremendous amount of free advertising he gave them.

Az3ar, there are sooo many Vishnu guys looking to get your kit -- if it works properly and the results are as advertised. Many of us are here in SoCal like you. I just want to see your setup tuned perfectly for both 91 and race gas and dynoed so we can all get an idea as to how it works.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jun 18, 2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks man, I know when i bought this kit that it is kinda scary however i trusted the guy at ATP because he gave me all the answers and he was nice and helpful. I bought many many parts from them for my GTI before and thats the main reason i am buying from them again. The kit again was great and I love it. You guys will see the pics tonight.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

smoggunner where in CA are you located?
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
smoggunner where in CA are you located?
Smog-gunner, never heard that one before. LOL, but not as creative as Scumrunner . I'm in Murrieta/Temecula area and work in Perris.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

. smogguner lol. I am sooo tired man. clean your inbox so i can pm you.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Az3ar, I'm very glad that you are happy with your kit so far. I really hope you will get it tuned properly soon.

I was just of the phone with ATP and my kit hasn't been shipped out yet Not that big a deal but I had hoped to get it by the end of this week. They said it was scheduled to ship early next week so hopefully I will have it here within a week from now

I will be running 780cc injectors, Motec stand alone ECU, Tomei cams and some other bits and pieces. I'm a bit in the same situation as you since when I have the kit here I need to have it installed together with the cams, before that there is no point in getting it tuned and as I have some 400km or 250miles one way to my tuner I wouldn't like to go there too often If things goes as planned I will get the cams and the kit next week and hopefully I will have it all installed before my tuner goes on summer holiday for three weeks.

Can't wait to see some pics and if you have some special hints on the installation please drop me a pm
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Ok just got off the phone with Vishnu and I will be on the way tomorrow, they will tune my car . hope my car can drive for 400 miles like this
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

what do you guys think about xede? I am about to pay for it and go up there tomorrow
Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Speaking from personal experience, it was by far the best mod I have ever done to my car. Mine has always worked perfectly (I've put over 12,000 miles on my car with it). It has tons of upgradability (you will not need a standalone) and having that custom tuned race gas map just a flip of a switch away is freakin' awesome. You will not be dissappointed.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

of course you would say that, we wouldn't expect anything else.

Quick Reply: The Turbokit is out and it's sick