Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Turbokit is out and it's sick

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's hard to say though....each of these people that's coming out with turbo kits....works/atp, ams, buschur, ultimate racing etc all have experimented with many different trim/housing sizes and all came up with what they think works best.....I think a lot of it has to do with paying for the research as well....that's why it's not easily disclosed for the most part.....and personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, they all look really sweet. But I chose to go with someone that has a better flowing manifold because I believe the stock manifold maybe a bit of a restriction and or can't hold up to the bigger turbo.
Old May 28, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
PLUS they said they had made their target with this turbo with only a turbo back setup.. What that means is there's more to be had in that turbo with a few more boltons.
ok wait all that testing was with only a turbo back??? I really would like a comformation on this... because if it was I think I will go with this kit being as there are ways to lower spoolup even more with other boltons...

but I think we need to see some peak numbers on the other 2 kits... it does us no good to see the worse spoolup without the potential...

but back to the parts used... I think we need a confirmed list of the parts on the car while on the dyno...

-non
Old May 28, 2004, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well its not $2900 its 2395 only and i have bought a million part from ATP and nothing but top notch and service. I mean it bolts on stock manifold and gives you all this power. I am ganna get the GT3071R turbo wich should support up to 450whp no problem and can boost safley up to 30PSI.
Old May 28, 2004, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yup all this testing was with a cat back. I just called them and hey answered every little question i had. If you want race street use you should go with GT3071R. If you want big *** turbo go with the other turbos. ATP is a company that weld and test there own turbos. I know for fact that they have been working on this kit for more than 6 months. I am just lost should i buy this one or the works one wich should be the exact same thing but with reflash and injactors for $3700????
Old May 28, 2004, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Oh it comes with downpipe and everything you need to bolt it on with no weldings or cutting. You only need engine managment like reflash and bigger injactors mayve 700CC
Old May 28, 2004, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would be very curious to see how well that exhaust housing flows. The housing does not look very efficent. I really cant see it flowing nearly as well as a true T3 housing coupled with a good manifold. I guess numbers and times will tell. If someone in the area gets this kit please stop by. I would like to see it on a car

Eric
Old May 28, 2004, 04:47 PM

ATP looks like they are being very conservative with there numbers, instead of posting hypotheticals. 450 whp and fast spool would be much more preferable to me over a 600 and up dyno-queen that bogs if you dont get the launch right. I cant wait to see some more #s on the 3071r kit.
Old May 28, 2004, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

i saw the AMS video and was very impressed.... that was with their largest turbo, the GT35R I think.... I can handle about a 400rpm slower spool up for those numbers.... but I agree ....I want USEABLE power vs just DYNO bragging.....

I still like the AMS kit better I think, its more "complete"

-shahul
Old May 28, 2004, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

i'm getting that new GT3071R.. it's exactly the kind of turbo i've been looking for!

374whp at 93octane friendly 20psi with no other upgrades besides the exhaust and chip tuning (everything else identical - w/ cams and FMIC most should see 420whp+) ???

200-300rpm slower spool than stock???

the price?

progress is a wonderful thing!

(don't get me wrong... AMS kit is the ultimate!.. but this is a great option for a lot of people)

Last edited by RENN-ART; May 29, 2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old May 28, 2004, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

I was supposed to get a ride in that car at the last NorCalEvo meet so I could evaluate the kit and see how it spools. Too bad I ran out of time, though.

Hmm this makes me want to take a long lunch and go check it out.
Old May 29, 2004, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

very cool, looks promising. Decent price in comparison to the other turbo upgrade kits?
Old May 29, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

If you want the complete kit go with Works $3800 out of the door with 370 whp. ATP is the same exact kit with no ECU and no injactors
Old May 29, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

I still want to see a 20PSI or higher comparison of the 3

-non

also I would really like to know how much that smaller turbo is gonna max out at... sure it supports 450 crank on their dyno sheet with only an exhaust, but how much does it have left in it...

I mean dont get me wrong but it doesnt do you any good to upgrade now and thinking that you can still get more with all your mods... but if its maxed it wont be able to flow the neccesary air

Last edited by nonmature; May 29, 2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old May 29, 2004, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
If you want the complete kit go with Works $3800 out of the door with 370 whp. ATP is the same exact kit with no ECU and no injactors
that's probably not a bad idea for the people that are looking to only duplicate exactly what mods that car had (same inj. and only an exhaust).. but most are going to have other mods, making it necessary to get other fine-tuning mods to adjust for those mods.. such as piggy backs or custom tuned chips... heck just adding an intake would throw everything off.
Old May 29, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

This turbo can boost up to 30psi no problems as my research shows. It can run up to 450whp atleats with good tunning.

Quick Reply: The Turbokit is out and it's sick