Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Turbokit is out and it's sick

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2004, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I was up in Santa Barbara today; I took the R32 and left the EVO with the wify. Guess what she said its hard to drive but it takes off like a jet, now she wants to drive it tomorrow as well . of course I wont let her she is already too spoiled
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man I put both of the wastegate springs in my car and test drove it and BAMMMM hit 2.15 bar on 94 octane!!!! well it was a spike . I still got some leaks on my car from that kit.. It is no way in hell an easybolt up . But the products are very nicely made. And the IC piping is bling bling
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Quickshift
Man I put both of the wastegate springs in my car and test drove it and BAMMMM hit 2.15 bar on 94 octane!!!! well it was a spike . I still got some leaks on my car from that kit.. It is no way in hell an easybolt up . But the products are very nicely made. And the IC piping is bling bling

Where are you having issues in the installation? DON'T PUSH HARD UNTIL IT'S TUNED MAN YOU MIGHT BLOW YOUR **** UP. break in the turbo right give it 500 miles. Mine did bolt on like a glove and I was the first to get. they only part that gave me a hard time is the return pipe to the exhuast from the WG. I had a pro pro friend to help me install or I would have oil and air leaks all over watch out.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Thats the problem I got , I am gonna have to fabricate a better oil return setup.It is impossible to get a bolt or wrench in that spot so it can be tightened hard !! The waste gate was a pain too lol
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

today at the trafic light i see this white EVO flying coming from behind me he stops and he gives me thumps up and asked me what I have in my EVO since my car sound is too deep now and makes things vibrate around including me . so I take off and he hears my WG so he follows me for like 3 miles just to see my turbo. He was like drooling all over it. He was a cool guy. I like how EVO owners ( most ) are friendly.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Thats the problem I got , I am gonna have to fabricate a better oil return setup.It is impossible to get a bolt or wrench in that spot so it can be tightened hard !! The waste gate was a pain too lol

It's pain because it fits like a glove it need some strong muscles . Tools baby tools, my friend had tools that HKS shop would dream about . he was tighten the turbo from couple feet away with his octopus tools . when you know someone that works with snap on tools you will be able to install anything.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Haha thats true lol , my freind is a mechanic with the hookup on the snap-on goodness
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

.oh you mean between the turbo housings??? you will need to open your turbo (cool side) install the drain bolt then put the turbo back right. Please don’t do it if you can't you might screw your turbo up. I love when my turbo keep spinning for 30 sec after the car is off. Best of luck and hey we need pics man
Old Jul 18, 2004, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

I got the allen bolts on the bottom of the turbo, it is just the one that connects to the oil pan. I tried to use the supplied allen bolts but they would not fit in the hole. SO I had to use the stock bolts for the connection to the oil pan.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

I got the allen bolts on the bottom of the turbo, it is just the one that connects to the oil pan. I tried to use the supplied allen bolts but they would not fit in the hole. SO I had to use the stock bolts for the connection to the oil pan.

I used the stock once too
Old Jul 18, 2004, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Any more pics of the kit installed Az3ar.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

I just put the heat shiled on so you wont see anything beside stock looking engine now
Old Jul 18, 2004, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Az3er i got that manifold for the turbo kit yesterday. Welds are very nice the piping they used is thicker then any other tubular manifold 2.7mm thick and it already has been ported and polished to match the gaskets. I would have to say this is a manifold that you cant beat for the price and with the lifetime warrenty who can go wrong. The only thing that i would have like to see is the option to get it jet coated but they just said i can send it away and get it done by myself. Oh well guess we will see how it works.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 01:34 AM
Former Vendor

Here is the dyno sheet from my ATP GT35R.
Mod list:

ATP GT35R Turbo
Team D Flash/SAFC II
Team D signature gtr intercooler/hardpipe
Team D Cat w/ O2 sim
Magnaflow titanium cat back
660 cc inj
Tomei Pro 260 cams
Meraz from Team D built this monster, it is a conservative tune running 23 p.s.i. running 91/ms 103 mix

i will upload it again tonight, i was emailed the graph in the wrong format, yhe numbers are correct but it shows mph rather than rpm. will correct tonight

Last edited by DOOMID@TeamD; Jul 19, 2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DOOMID
Here is the dyno sheet from my ATP GT35R.
Mod list:

ATP GT35R Turbo
Team D Flash/SAFC II
Team D signature gtr intercooler/hardpipe
Team D Cat w/ O2 sim
Magnaflow titanium cat back
660 cc inj
Tomei Pro 260 cams
Meraz from Team D built this monster, it is a conservative tune running 23 p.s.i. running 91/ms 103 mix.
Hmm, it reads "mph" in the bottom of that sheet, is that the rpms really? Can't see the point in having mph in a dyno sheet?

Quick Reply: The Turbokit is out and it's sick