Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Turbokit is out and it's sick

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, Sorry to bring this thread back to life. I was just reading through it and it reminded me of all the **** I went through lol, It was fun. Thanks again.

Mhyar
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So

Can you tell us what you've been gone through ?
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Az3ar, have u put in anything after the Atp 3071???
Old Sep 3, 2004, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

No, he's still making less power than a stock Evo until 4k.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63>OOOO
that sucks
Old Sep 3, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

LOL how are you going to say that? The stock evo only makes 230whp if you are lucky at its peak. He put down almost 400whp and that is when all he had was a exhaust (still had cat) and injectors with a flash.

Either way the turbo kit is awsome. With my mods now when we get the engine back from the machine shop from gettting bored and blueprinted and balanced we are planning on 650-700whp.

Anyway enough of being Az3er's dad. LOL... This thread just keeps going and going

Chris
Old Sep 3, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

and going and going and going...... :-p
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Here we go, haters again . I think you have no idea what you were talking about . I have had no problems at all and I said s h it because I rememberd driving to NOR cali @ less than 50 MPH before getting tuned and I thought these were great moments in my life. I am so sad how some members on this forums are so pathetic, I just hope you the best.

Mhyar

Last edited by Az3ar; Sep 4, 2004 at 12:26 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

This should be the ATP turbo kit thread. I encourage every EVO owner with ATP kit to post here and tell us about their experience. when you start a thread or when you post in one you don’t know when or where its going to end but when I went through this thread again today I was so surprised what some tuners and members were saying, all I can say is (amazing).
Old Sep 4, 2004, 09:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
It took me a long time to read through this thread, but it was interesting nonetheless. I really like the fact that the fit and appearance of ATP kit is almost OE. I like the price as well.

Given that a proprietary down pipe is supplied, I suppose this kit is incompatible with the Vishnu exhaust, correct?

Also, which tubular exhaust manifold did 2k4EvoVIII end up using?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
It took me a long time to read through this thread, but it was interesting nonetheless. I really like the fact that the fit and appearance of ATP kit is almost OE. I like the price as well.

Given that a proprietary down pipe is supplied, I suppose this kit is incompatible with the Vishnu exhaust, correct?

I ended up getting the SSAutochrome Manifold. DONT LAUGH!! HAHA.. THey have a terrible rep in the DSM world but i believe they have made some major changes since then. As you read in the post they have the thickest walled manifold for the EVO and the current moment along with nice support welds and more then half the price of other manifolds. The design was taken from the DNP manifold out of Japan. "Hope they dont read this " So the design is well known to work great with the 4g63. I highly recommend this manifold so far. It has been able to hold the weight of the huge 35/40r with no problems. The next step is im going to get it coated probably in satin. We will see how that goes.

Chris
Old Sep 4, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Oh yea and if you have a cat back exhaust you are good to go. If you exhaust is a turbo back exhaust it will not work. SORRY!

Chris
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am very curious as to how that SAS manifold holds up. If it proves to be durable, it would seem to be great value.

I haven't yet purchased an exhaust system, although I had planned to get the Vishnu Std. dump back setup. Am I correct in assuming that so long as your exhaust system keeps the stock cat location, you will be able to use the turbo kit? I presume if you have an aftermarket downpipe, that is the only part of the exhaust you'll need to ditch when you upgrade the turbo (which comes with its own downpipe).

Yes?

If so, that turbo kit is one heck of a value. My present plan is to go dump-back exhaust, 660cc injectors, 255lph, EVO MR BOV, 264/272 HKS, Vishnu gears, Xede Flash + Xede at the end of this month.

Later, I would add the turbo kit and IC upgrade simultaneously and retune.

Seems logical enough?
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info. I am very curious as to how that SAS manifold holds up. If it proves to be durable, it would seem to be great value.

I haven't yet purchased an exhaust system, although I had planned to get the Vishnu Std. dump back setup. Am I correct in assuming that so long as your exhaust system keeps the stock cat location, you will be able to use the turbo kit? I presume if you have an aftermarket downpipe, that is the only part of the exhaust you'll need to ditch when you upgrade the turbo (which comes with its own downpipe).

Yes?

If so, that turbo kit is one heck of a value. My present plan is to go dump-back exhaust, 660cc injectors, 255lph, EVO MR BOV, 264/272 HKS, Vishnu gears, Xede Flash + Xede at the end of this month.

Seems logical enough?

Very nice, same as my plan but, I am getting water injection kit + cam gears + retune by Shiv some time in NOV before I move back to the East coast. If you want Vishnu cat back so bad call them and ask about the ATP and their cat back, as Vishnu sales and stands behind ATP kit he might be able to make some changes or at least give you his opinion. You have a great point about stock looking EVO because a COP was looking at my car couple days ago (here in LA) and he could not see my after market turbo . It's amazing to have a car that puts down 323 whp on Shiv dyno that it still looks like stock and no one can really tell.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Im always the test dummy! JK i just couldnt pass this deal up. In fact i might be getting another one to do some testing that i want to try out. Think i might lengthen the runners and just try some things i dont know guess i could just make the flanges but im lazy. My goal is to get some more torque with my setup. I probably should wait and see how everythign respondes to the bore hone blueprint and balance along with everythign else i have installed since the dyno. Oh well i get bored so need somthing to do.

Anyway back to the topic! You are correct that as long as your exhaust system keeps the stock cat location it will work. The only thing you will have no need for is the aftermarket downpipe if you have one. You have a good plan although i would think about a different CAM setup. I guess it depends on what you want to have you car for though. HKS are good cams they are the ones i had when i dynoed but since i have got some more aggressive cams. The HKS are good cams if you dont want a all out racing setup. IMO.

The turbo kit is awsome!!! If you decide to get one im now a distributor for a company that does high performance coatings. We can coat anything you have. VERY GOOD IDEA!!!

Chris

Yes?

Seems logical enough?

Quick Reply: The Turbokit is out and it's sick