Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What is the potential of the EVO stock turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 07:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ShapeGSX
All of those components will also benefit the larger turbo. Even moreso, actually.

Personally, I don't think that a GM hotwire MAF gives much (if any) restriction at all. So it is a toss-up between it and speed density.

But then again, I'm still running a bone stock 2G DSM MAF.
Oh, no doubt.. my Maf setup isn't quite a GM one, its actually a hybrid but the intake pipes are a bigger restriction than the sensor.. thats for certain..

And your right about those components.. Hence why I'm trying everything possible to retain the stock turbo and make some good power.. I chose to take the "path less traveled" with my combo.. when you see some of the newest stuff I'm working on (which I can't post yet) you'll understand what I mean.

And the other post about the spool.. I found that I get about 2800rpm spool now.. it seems to have dropped when I put on the new downpipe, cat and exhaust, also with the stock solenoid I was regularly getting 21psi of boost tapering to 18psi without any boost control mods.. though the upgraded intercooler dropped that back down to where I was stock..