Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Injen technology EVO 8 performance parts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2004, 04:18 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got this intake kit and will be getting some dyno results ASAP. I'll make sure to post them up and give any other info I can about fitment, install, etc.

Mark
Old Jul 23, 2004, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, keep us updated KK! I need review and results!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 09:59 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Well, I went up to Turbotrix to do a before / after comparison with dyno graphs, but it turns out there was a goof in the packaging and I received the wrong 90 degree elbow piece I called up Injen and they said they would send the correct one out to me.

Once I have that, I'll go back and dyno with the new setup. The same day, back to back comparison is pretty much out the door though

The kit looks nice. I'll take some pics of it in a bit. The install is a bit tedious as you have to remove the undertray (which annoys me) and get above and below the car, which takes a bit of time. I didn't experience any fitment issues though.

Mark
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KK
Well, I went up to Turbotrix to do a before / after comparison with dyno graphs, but it turns out there was a goof in the packaging and I received the wrong 90 degree elbow piece I called up Injen and they said they would send the correct one out to me.

Once I have that, I'll go back and dyno with the new setup. The same day, back to back comparison is pretty much out the door though

The kit looks nice. I'll take some pics of it in a bit. The install is a bit tedious as you have to remove the undertray (which annoys me) and get above and below the car, which takes a bit of time. I didn't experience any fitment issues though.

Mark
haha... same here... wrong elbow... they're on top of it though, and i'm faxing my invoice to them tom... just use some good E-tape to cover that for now also check out if you got that 15" heater hose* too... mine lacked that, but picked some up for $1.19 at Advanced Auto...

which color piping kit did you get??? If you got polished, i'll try to find my digicam tom and get some pics of the black finish...

and yes... those undertray snaps are the worst i've ever encountered so far

Last edited by Cash Money; Jul 23, 2004 at 11:22 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:26 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Cash Money
haha... same here... wrong elbow... they're on top of it though, and i'm faxing my invoice to them tom... just use some good E-tape to cover that for now also check out if you got that 15" heater hose* too... mine lacked that, but picked some up for $1.19 at Advanced Auto...

which color piping kit did you get??? If you got polished, i'll try to find my digicam tom and get some pics of the black finish...

and yes... those undertray snaps are the worst i've ever encountered so far
Damn, another one! I got black as well, so I guess we'll have to find a polished kit for other pics

What's the 15" heater hose? I don't remember seeing that.

Mark
Old Aug 3, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

I just ordered mine, KK did you get back to the dyno yet? Also how loud is this one compared to the HKS?