Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Feels like a whole new Car...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Feels like a whole new Car...

I just had the following done in the car... I had ordered the Criag "special - gauge pod for the center console..."

I had my 3 Greddy 60mm guages installed in the car...
* EGT gauge
* Boost gauge
* Water Temp gauge

On top of that:
* Greddy E0-1 Boost controller
* Greddy E-manage

First impressions= When i started the car a lil rocky idle, but has smoothed out... I am holding boost like a champ... 21psi on hi... 16.5 on low...

When i am at WOT, boost rises, and the warning light on the boost gauge LIGHTS UP... Is that normal or is it spiking and just letting me know... I want to review on the graphs on the E0-1 but i just figured someone might know now...

Lately, not now... Maybe for a week or so, before the boost controller, i am hearing a whistling sound at 5K to 7K at full throttle... Is that the BOV or the waste gate...
I drove it today with the new mods, same thing accorded... ? ? ? ?

The power band feels totally restored with a lil' bit more pull through the gears... I will post some pics, once i clean up my beast... thanks fellows...
Old Jun 16, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Picsssssss
Old Jun 16, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RADmitsu
When i am at WOT, boost rises, and the warning light on the boost gauge LIGHTS UP... Is that normal or is it spiking and just letting me know... I want to review on the graphs on the E0-1 but i just figured someone might know now...

Lately, not now... Maybe for a week or so, before the boost controller, i am hearing a whistling sound at 5K to 7K at full throttle... Is that the BOV or the waste gate...
I drove it today with the new mods, same thing accorded... ? ? ? ?

Anybody have any comments on this... Still could use some advise, pics to come...
Old Jun 16, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

to my knowledge...i dont think the stock BOV can handle the 21psi your boosting.....they sometimes leak with the stock boost....i recommend you to buy yourself a BOV
Old Jun 16, 2004, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

well....be sure that the BOV your getting has a recirculating system.....our cars are not meant for Blow Off to Atmosphere....
Old Jun 16, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

If you're holding boost, then the whistling sound is probably just from your turbo. I wouldn't worry about the light on the gauge ... I have omori gauges and the boost gauge also lights up past 20psi - Initially I kept an eye on it all the time to make sure my boost was holding ... now I basically ignore it.

l8r)
Old Jun 16, 2004, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
If you're holding boost, then the whistling sound is probably just from your turbo. I wouldn't worry about the light on the gauge ... I have omori gauges and the boost gauge also lights up past 20psi - Initially I kept an eye on it all the time to make sure my boost was holding ... now I basically ignore it.

l8r)
Thanks for the info guys...

The whistling sounds isn't so much a smooth turbo whistle... At WOT - it is almost like pop, and it sounds more like a semi huge leak to 7k or till i hit the next gear...

For the most part... I am going to invest in some tuning time at turbo trixs, and a BOV...

ohh yea' before i forget, i feel like i have to relearn how to drive my car out of first gear... The anti-stall feature on the emanage is amazing, very little effort and the car does not want to jerk... Very nice...
Old Jun 17, 2004, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

whats an "anti stall measure" with the emanage?? with the emanage, do u remove your maf, and can u still pass emissions tests etc??
Old Jun 17, 2004, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
check your intercooler piping. COuld be a leak...