Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need Immediate Help....Buschur FMIC problems

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2004, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They don't include a connector? Nothing should be poping off. I'm so ready to buy an intercooler too.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...tercooler+pipe
Old Jun 24, 2004, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Something's not lining up right...try loosening the brackets and readjusting it so it isn't that stretched.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, are you running two BOV's in line with each other? That could cause some problems. Unless, you pulled the piston out of the Turbo XS and are just using it as an adapter between the 1G valve and maf hose.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 09:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, that double DV setup has got to be causing you some trouble.. And that lower pipe just doesn't look right, mine didn't look that way when I hooked it up..

Your likely blowing hoses off because the Dual DV's aren't allowing the boost to "blowoff" correctly.. That could damage things..
Old Jun 25, 2004, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I just noticed that last night, but didn't say anything about it.

Get rid of that second DV, give it to a modless stranger, Ebay it, do whatever you have to do. OR get a 1G DSM DV flange and weld it to the TXS valve, but for the stock turbo, the 1G works perfect.

Malibu, quit posting at 4AM. :-D
Old Jun 25, 2004, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

there isnt a dual BOV...it is just a flange. there is only 1 BOV and that is the 1G crushed
Old Jun 25, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

So what's the TXS valve doing in there besides look pretty?
Old Jun 25, 2004, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

that is not the valve...it is just a 90 degree bend for mounting the turboxs vavle....i was stupid and bought the extra mounting bracket when i bought the valve when i didnt understand that i actually didnt need it. well see...everything happens for a reason, and now it saved me.

other question...i just checked all the fitting and everything is tight. do you think that the wine/whistle is from the BOV....i mean this is a serious whistle under boost?

I guess i will give buschur a call today. and i have to get a boost gauge overnighted since mine isnt working correctly.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

I had a massive whine that sounded like a jet engine when I first installed my BR IC. It was a leak in the lower IC pipe that attached to the turbo
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Deceit
I had a massive whine that sounded like a jet engine when I first installed my BR IC. It was a leak in the lower IC pipe that attached to the turbo
what did you do to fix the problem....i took it apart twice, tighten it down and I still got the massive whine??

everyone is sure that it is not the BOV...i am going to put the stock upper intercooler piping on and see if the whine is still there
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SuperchargedGTZ
what did you do to fix the problem....i took it apart twice, tighten it down and I still got the massive whine??

everyone is sure that it is not the BOV...i am going to put the stock upper intercooler piping on and see if the whine is still there
also, when you had this leak, did you reach full boost...cause i am still reaching 20 psi of boost
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

i will check that tube again, maybe on have the gasket on wrong. There is an extension that sticks out of the gasket. Which direction is that supposed to face, the front of the car or the back of the car????
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hehe.. I get home from work at 1 or 2am.. I'm finally unwinding at 4am..

Anyway, My car doesnt make that whine, but I do get a bit of whistling that appears to be coming from the 1G DV.. It doesn't happen under boost at all though, it happens at part throttle or coming to a stop when there appears to be an equalization of pressure on both sides of the DV and there's not adequate spring pressure to keep it closed.

Now, if your getting that whistle under boost, check the vacuum source that goes to do the DV itself and make sure its not leaking.. Also, if your boost control solenoid (or boost controller) isn't hooked up correctly, you may be getting some runaway boost which would likely either blow off a hose, induce boost cut (fuel cut) or blow the DV open and whistle like mad.. Of course it could be something as simple as the DV itself isn't crushed enough or its crushed in such a way that its diaphragm isnt sitting flat on the sealing surface..

I don't recall what you mean about the gasket, I can only assume you mean the discharge pipe gasket (the 2 bolt flange from the turbo to the black outlet tube)

I'm trying to go from memory, but I don't recall it having a "spacer" though..
Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

i just talked to Jarrod (great service by the way) and there are a number of things that I am going to check. First off, I am going to remove the diverter valve and make sure that it is installed properly. Then I am going to remove the lower FMIC tube again and make sure that is is sitting flush to the turbo. as far as my MBC being hooked up correctly, i have the boost source coming from the compressor and the vacuum t-ed to the DV. I am just lost right now. I am going to have to take a stock silicone tube and use it so I stop popping off the lower FMIC tube.

someone has told me that the whining noise could be turbo damage to the fins....i really dont see how that could be, but if the turbo was damaged, i wouldnt be making full boost...right?
Old Jun 25, 2004, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe the boost controller's installed backwards?

Quick Reply: Need Immediate Help....Buschur FMIC problems