Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Jeff Hill (TurboTrix) ran a 9.7 w/ his Evo VIII...Anyone know what turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2004, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jeff Hill (TurboTrix) ran a 9.7 w/ his Evo VIII...Anyone know what turbo?

Anybody know what turbo Jeff uses or if it comes in a kit? My goal is 10's on all turbo on a stock motor. Should be possible.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

Uh, Dude, 10's on a stock motor runnin all boost ain't happening....So it's NOT possible. Jeff's actually running a very simple turbo, nothing outrageous.......But soon they are really going to unleash the beast within........
Old Jun 29, 2004, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by DA-4BANGA
Uh, Dude, 10's on a stock motor runnin all boost ain't happening....So it's NOT possible. Jeff's actually running a very simple turbo, nothing outrageous.......But soon they are really going to unleash the beast within........
Do you drag race much? Why would you say that. Hell, Buschur has went 11.5 on the stock turbo. Its very feasable to get 1/2 sec from a larger turbo. Does anyone have any real information about Jeff Hill's setup?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

his setup is totally custom with a liquid intercooler which they fabricated all the piping for themselves. I wouldn't count on this "kit" being offered to the public.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 05:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey guys ..

In two weeks our turbo kit will be out.. It is a bit smaller then the turbo we have on the race car, a diff back housing. The kit is going to come externally gated. This turbo is going on rons car that ran 11.7 on pump gas. His car will be a 10 sec car. A few people are waiting on the kit and we havent made it public yet. The turbo will be from innovative and be a true twin ball bearing. This kit is not for everyone as some people want internal gates ect, and it wont be the cheapest turbo. Dual ball bearings are expensive. But i know this turbo works, they last forever and the spool up is amazing. I'll post up more info in about a week and make it public. This kit will rival any kit that is out for the evo..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jun 29, 2004, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Does the turbo kit come with a free pet goat complements of louis and junior.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by ErnieT
Do you drag race much? Why would you say that. Hell, Buschur has went 11.5 on the stock turbo. Its very feasable to get 1/2 sec from a larger turbo. Does anyone have any real information about Jeff Hill's setup?
Well as a matter of fact I DO....And furthermore, I have been building DSM's for over 10 years, have had 6- 1g Talons/Eclipses, 1- 2g Talon, and a Galant VR-4. So beleive me when I tell you 10's ain't happening on a stock motor/stock turbo set-up. We can put some money on that one. I went 11's in the 1990's on Buschurs' 20g,FMIC,VPC,GCC,550's,2g pistons,cams, external gate with dump tube etc.. with 2 of my 1g's, and low 12's with the others ALL of them stock blocks with either a 20g or a Big 16g.
I have dealt personally with David Buschur on the build -up of my cars, including my EVO now and way back also, so you can believe me if you'd like and if not... Give HIM a call and you'll see that 10's is far fetched with the set-up you are thinking.
I'm not being a knucklehead with you, trust me, I'm trying to give you facts because I've been playing this game a LONG time and if I can help ANYONE, I will.
And anyone who knows "The 4BANGR" knows I am not BS'ng just trying to save you the hassle.
Yeah Buschur went 11.5 on stock turbo....Dude, you have no idea how much it takes to drop those five tenths......But I guess you'll find out when YOU start drag racing much
And to finish off, just in case you need more reference, call up Jeff Hill at Turbotrix and ask about me and I'm sure he'll tell you. I may talk plenty of SMACK (all in good humor) but I can back it up, I may not know it all, but I know enough to help most guys who have not been down the road I go..........And that I will do for anyone who shares this passion like I do, I'll help ANYONE who needs it........Thanks and GOD BLESS
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

once you get into the 11's, it becomes exponentially harder to get faster and faster.

For example. . . if you max out the turbo, you can probably run a 12 flat (Buschurs anamalous e/t aside) or maybe high 11s. But thats about it. The turbo simply can't flow enough air after that.

I don't even think you could remove enough weight in the car to get it into the 10's.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:05 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net

DA-4BANGA....he wrote with a bigger turbo but prolly semi-stock motor (maybe just cams and bolts) He says larger turbo in the post i copied and pasted above....not stock turbo as you posted below

Originally Posted by DA-4BANGA

So beleive me when I tell you 10's ain't happening on a stock motor/stock turbo set-up. We can put some money on that one. I went 11's in the 1990's on Buschurs' 20g,FMIC,VPC,GCC,550's,2g pistons,cams, external gate with dump tube etc.. with 2 of my 1g's, and low 12's with the others ALL of them stock blocks with either a 20g or a Big 16g.
I have dealt personally with David Buschur on the build -up of my cars, including my EVO now and way back also, so you can believe me if you'd like and if not... Give HIM a call and you'll see that 10's is far fetched with the set-up you are thinking.
I'm not being a knucklehead with you, trust me, I'm trying to give you facts because I've been playing this game a LONG time and if I can help ANYONE, I will.
And anyone who knows "The 4BANGR" knows I am not BS'ng just trying to save you the hassle.
Yeah Buschur went 11.5 on stock turbo....Dude, you have no idea how much it takes to drop those five tenths......But I guess you'll find out when YOU start drag racing much
And to finish off, just in case you need more reference, call up Jeff Hill at Turbotrix and ask about me and I'm sure he'll tell you. I may talk plenty of SMACK (all in good humor) but I can back it up, I may not know it all, but I know enough to help most guys who have not been down the road I go..........And that I will do for anyone who shares this passion like I do, I'll help ANYONE who needs it........Thanks and GOD BLESS
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Red face Ok, Oops Then

Originally Posted by evodave

DA-4BANGA....he wrote with a bigger turbo but prolly semi-stock motor (maybe just cams and bolts) He says larger turbo in the post i copied and pasted above....not stock turbo as you posted below
Dude, you are right! I stand corrected, and I guess I apologize for that, BUT, it still does not change the fact that dropping into the 10's is one tough nut to crack.......I'll find out though, my BR500 is in and I'm heading to the track once my ARP' head studs are in, re-tune the AEM and I'm able to turn up the wick .......We will soon find out...GOD BLESS
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:25 AM
Account Disabled

have had 6- 1g Talons/Eclipses, 1- 2g Talon, and a Galant VR-4. S

So you have 8 oil leaks ....................JK...

I tell you 10's ain't happening on a stock motor/stock turbo set-up.

Stock turbo HELL no, stock bottom end, yeah sure, why not? Atleast once right...The stock bottom end can hold 500WHP which is enough to run say a 10.7 @130MPH right??

20g,FMIC,VPC,GCC,550's,2g pistons,cams, external gate

Tuning is key, a 20G is a ten second turbo, but not with 550's, I am on a 16G and pretty much maxed myy 550's. I bet a Stand alone and 720's will net tens, I have also seen 1G stock bottom end, stock head, 272's and 20Gs tuned properly run 10;s, why not the Evo????

Just a bigger turbo and injectors properly tuned, the Evo Should hold the power.

I'm serious I bet the Evo can yank a 10 Sec pass On the stock bottom end, and a 9 just once
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

So then why hasn't anyone done it yet?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by darkhorse
So then why hasn't anyone done it yet?
There havn't been many upgrade packages available until very recently. Someone will do it in the next 6 months with all the turbo kits coming out, gauranteed.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Do you realize what kind of power you have to make to get one of your stock Evos to run in the 9's? And you think a completely stock bottom end is going to hold up to that? cant wait to see this happen. I seriously doubt it. Besides, with all of the time and money that you would spend on trying to reach that goal, you would compromise that by using a stock bottom end?

Last edited by darkhorse; Jun 29, 2004 at 11:27 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

AMS has made over 600WHP on the stock bottom end, 600WHP would put you there. AS far as too how long it would hold it, Iduno, but 500WHP on stock internals iz ok and has been done on pump gas, and will get you a 10 second street car....

But I agree a built bottom end would be needed to run solid 9's.....