Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TPR Magazine EVO8 exhaust shootout.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jansolo
I believe that Buschur offers an option to use a Magnaflow muffer instead of the Buschur muffler. It should keep the exhaust to a more tolerable volume.
hmmm I'll have to see if there are any clips on the "exhaust thread" thx for the heads up

Old Jun 29, 2004, 02:23 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by 4ce fed
Why don't you have it anymore? This is the exhaust I've been thinking about getting. Any problems? Based on this thread, I don't think you should have gotten rid of it because of lack of power.
I definitely did not get rid of it for power output reasons. But as far as why I don't have it anymore, its not really important or productive to this thread. I have bought products from Buschur racing and will do so again, their ship times are lightning fast and their customer service is awesome. Anytime I've ever had an issue, they handled it immediately. That's the way I've always dealt with vendors, contact them directly, it seems to generate the best results instead of going to the forums with questions about a product.

Because of this, I won't ever say anything bad about Vishnu or Buschur, as both companies have gone out of their way to take care of me and provided me with great customer service and courtesy! There is not anything more I can ask for to be a happy customer.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 02:24 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by alex_alex
whoops. my bad. i just assumed b/c they were all on Mackin's website that they owned them. sorry for the misinfo
No big deal at all, bro. I only know this because I had to deal with Mackin directly a few years ago when I was getting a customer service help with my old Volk TE-37s.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

what magazine is this?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sir lurks alot
what magazine is this?
This is the mag , Tuner Performance Reports
Old Jun 29, 2004, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noize
But as far as why I don't have it anymore, its not really important or productive to this thread.
I will disagree with you on that point if you got rid of it because of noise, fitment, power, durability, etc. Buschur said that he sees no reason why anyone would ever buy a different exhaust after these test results are published. Of course, this test sounds like it only shows the power gained from the exhausts. If there are reasons that go against his statements, it might not be productive for Buschur, but might be to consumers. You can't take a vendor's word as the final say. If you could, every part ever made by every vendor would be the best available. I understand (from more than just you) that Buschur's service is excellent. But service is only one thing Buschur provides.

BTW, I mean no disrespect to Buschur. I don't have any parts from him, or anyone else for that matter, since my car is stock. Like I said, I am leaning toward his exhaust, though. Noize, if you would like to PM me about it, I would like to hear another Evo owner's feelings about the exhaust.

Last edited by 4ce fed; Jun 29, 2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 05:49 PM

justchil,

I have the Buschur turboback system and I put the magnaflow muffler on it. It is every bit as quiet as the stock system. I don't how you can say it is so loud. The sound is slightly deeper (sounds much better) but definitely not louder.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

David, Could you give us a mpeg file with 0-100mph video/sound file? I would like to hear your exhaust in action.
For example the RennArt did a great video job with inside/out low rpm, high rpm fly by etc...
Thank you
Old Jun 29, 2004, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet! I thought it was louder must be their other exhaust I heard. The magnaflow is straight through right?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

David, how much HP loss can you expect with the Magnaflow instead of the standard muffler on the turbo-back system with a test pipe?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 06:17 PM

I have not seen the cross-section on the magnaflow and in fairness I should say I had them add a high flow catalytic converter since I want to stay legal. I had a stage two level modification done with the converter and the Magnaflow. The sound is great and the power is awesome. I am going back for the Stage three treatment in July - just waiting on the parts to come in.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

David. Could you tell us if the the magnaflow just has a Higher cell desity than the standard high flow cat that is offerd with your system?
Old Jun 30, 2004, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Justchil,

We have a few versions of the exhaust. If you want the exhaust quieter then all we would need to do is install the Magnaflow muffler on the system. No difference in power, just adds 3 pounds to the system. Magnaflow option is only $20 more.

The Mackin Industries exhaust that is in this review says "Gram Light-Rays" on the tip. Looks like 3" but has a very short reducer right where it bolts to the converter.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 30, 2004, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Justchil,

We have a few versions of the exhaust. If you want the exhaust quieter then all we would need to do is install the Magnaflow muffler on the system. No difference in power, just adds 3 pounds to the system. Magnaflow option is only $20 more.

The Mackin Industries exhaust that is in this review says "Gram Light-Rays" on the tip. Looks like 3" but has a very short reducer right where it bolts to the converter.

Also TPR stands for "Tuner Performance Reports". This is the Jun/July 2004 issue. You can go to TPRMAG.com for information on where to find it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 30, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

I had never heard of Taipan XP before this thread. I new Vishnu didn't actually build the part themselves but didn't know who did.

Here is who was tested in the magazine and beside it is any clue I can give you on what they call their system:

5Zigen-Mircale Fire 5-Zigen
Billy Boat-PT#FPIM-2005
Borla-Pt#140056
Buschur Racing-EVO SCCA Legal Catback
DC Sports-SCS EVO VIII
Mackin Industries-Gram Light Exhaust
Gruppe-S Engineering-SUS Series exhaust
HKS USA-30th Anniversaray Hi-Power exhaust system
Magnaflow-Magnaflow Ti

Hope this helps you guys figure it out.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: TPR Magazine EVO8 exhaust shootout.