Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TPR Magazine EVO8 exhaust shootout.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
TPR Magazine EVO8 exhaust shootout.

Just got the new issue of TPR Magazine. This is the magazine I have been talking about with the EVO catback exhaust shootout in it.

There were 9 exhaust systems tested from various manufacturers.

I am proud as hell with how we did in the testing. We were the absolute lowest price system. Everyone tested in the magazine claimed their systems were made of 304 grade stainless or just "stainless". One manufacturer was titanium, that was the Magnaflow system, I was surprised that it is an imported exhaust and not built by Magnaflow.

Now for the best. Of all the exhausts tested we had the highest hp and torque of all of them other than the Magnaflow titanium system. Magnaflow beat us on torque by 1.3 ft lbs and .8 tenths of a hp for the peak numbers. They also weighed less by 4.5 pounds. The cost difference for just the catback was $794, theirs of course being the higher priced part.

Something that wasn't done in the article that I am very disapointed in was actual numbers. You have to go through and read the dyno charts to figure out who did what.

Reading further into the charts, which anyone buying the magazine can do, you will see not only did our peak numbers beat everyone but one but the overall curve we made kicked some major ***. For example, every single system tested other than ours made under or exactly 200 ft lbs of torque at 7450 rpm (this is where the dyno runs were stopped). Our system made 207 ft lbs at that same RPM, not a ton of difference but power is power and lets also talk about the entire curve. Where we got beat by Magnaflow's titanium by 1.3 ft lbs at peak we beat them by 7 ft lbs at 7450 rpm, this translates to more across that entire curve. As for HP at that same RPM, looking at the curves Magnaflow, (us) Buschur Racing and HKS were the only companies to make over 240 HP at peak RPM tested. HKS made 245 while Magnaflow and Buschur Racing both made about 247 hp.

I wish they had also taken pictures of the exhaust before they threw them all around the shop and ran them on the cars. Most of them are filthy dirty and ours has a dent in the can of the muffler.

Other points in the article I found interesting. The lightest other stainless system was 5Zigen, they weighed in at 19.36 pounds, heaviest was the Borla at 38 pounds. Billy Boat and HKS had no weights, not sure why.

The 2 worst HP gains of all was Mackin Industies at only a 3.1 hp gain over stock followed by the Billy Boat (B&B) that only gained 6.2. Mackin had a total of 250.9 hp and B&B had 254 hp.

Torque figures. Same two companies came in for the lowest two. Mackin and B&B. Mackin made 290.7 ft lbs for an increase of 10.7 and B&B made 293.1 for an increase of 13.1.

I am really proud of the parts we make and although I was sure in my mind they would outperform the competitions I was worried to see the outcome. It is nice to see the hard work we put into developing parts puts us at the top of other companies doing the same work.

After this I figure we should be the only company left even able to sell an exhaust!!

We have them instock and now I can make the claim that we are the highest power producing exhaust system available for your EVO8.

Thanks for reading,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
No surprise there. Its the straightest exhaust on the market. Good job!
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w00t! Hearing that makes me even happier with my purchase of a Buschur exhaust. If you haven't heard the Buschur exhaust, check out a video clip here.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

That's what I'm talking about Brotha, NO HYPE, just HORSEPOWER!!!!!! You want horsepower= buy Buschur, you want all them PURDY looking exhausts like my Vishnu (OOOPS I mean TaipanXP) exhaust then deal with it
I'll be switching back to my Buschur products, THANKS David, and GOD BLESS
Old Jun 29, 2004, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DA-4BANGA
That's what I'm talking about Brotha, NO HYPE, just HORSEPOWER!!!!!! You want horsepower= buy Buschur, you want all them PURDY looking exhausts like my Vishnu (OOOPS I mean TaipanXP) exhaust then deal with it
I'll be switching back to my Buschur products, THANKS David, and GOD BLESS
what is TaipanXP?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

They are the company that ACTUALLY makes that exhaust which Vishnu sells. They are from Australia and do not sell directly to the public, just through companies like Vishnu. I learned that after my NIGHTMARE dealings with them..........
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats!

(Please don't up the price now!)
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Apex Silver Rice Cooker Dude, I almost fell out of my seat.........That is hysterical

Last edited by DA-4BANGA; Jun 29, 2004 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

I'm glad I went the right way
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

By mackin do you mean the dragon exhaust they sell ? Doesn't GramLights make it?

Was RNR included?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guack007
By mackin do you mean the dragon exhaust they sell ? Doesn't GramLights make it?

Was RNR included?

ok, Gramlights is owned by Mackin. They also own Espelir, Volk, uh. .. Kioto i think, and some other brands.

Im going to assume he means the Espelir since that exhaust sucks hardcore. its 3" but tapers to like 2" at the resonator.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

What does TPR stand for? I want to buy this magazine.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:10 AM

Here's a pic of my buschur turbo-back exhaust and how it clears the Cusco lower arm braces. The exhaust is very straight and I have been very satisfied with it.
Attached Thumbnails TPR Magazine EVO8 exhaust shootout.-buschur.cusco.jpg  
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lowness
What does TPR stand for? I want to buy this magazine.

bump, same question and what month?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Nice! I just wish the BR wasn't so loud.. then I'd be all over it

Quick Reply: TPR Magazine EVO8 exhaust shootout.