Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hks Camp

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2002, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hks Camp

Can anyone give me some info on the HKS CAMP? I am looking into CAMP because I think it would make the inside of the car look much cleaner then a bunch of gauges all over the place. To make it work you need the CAMP unit, a screen, and what ever sensor you want to monitor, right? Will it work with the Alpine CVA-1006 screen? Where can i buy the unit and sensors? Whats are the most important things to monitor on a street car? (boost, egt, ect) Any idea what the CAMP unit and gauge sensors cost?
thanks for the help, Mike
Old Sep 30, 2002, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

The CAMP main unit costs about 325, according to the HKS site. I've seen them for much less on ebay, yet I think you might want to purchase it from HKS directly so you get the instructions in english, plus all that good customer support.

According to the description I got from a site, it works with the NTSC, not the PAL screens. Alrhough I know some people having difficulties with their monitors not being compatible, even when it's NTSC capable. Best bet is to buy the CAMP, purchase a screen, test it, if it doesnt work then return it and try another.

Also, you need the jump box to add all the meters you're talking about (egt, boost, temp, press.). The jump box costs as much as the CAMP, plus you need to buy all the sensors individually. Without the jump box, the unit will still do some pretty cool things, yet not enough for any high performance cars. The fish tank entertainment mode is freekin coooool!!!

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...efault_sub.asp

I have one too many gauges in my car already, so I'll probably opt for the SARD Engine Analyzer instead. Well, maybe.

Claudius has one in his TME. Maybe he'll add more to this post, from a owner's point of view.

regards,
LEE

Old Sep 30, 2002, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

i found the unit for 295 but i cant find anywere with any of the sensors for boost and stuff someone please post a link if anyone has it
Old Oct 2, 2002, 12:06 AM
Account Disabled

We can certainly source the whole package for you

Adam
www.z1auto.com
Old Oct 2, 2002, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

Wassup Adam. It's Leo with the Evo5. How's that scooby coming along? Just finished doing the brakes. I'll come by the shop when I have some time.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Do you guys have e-manage by GREDDY yet? I would look in it before purchasing the HKS. I run an APEXI FC w/ Commander...not as flashy but simple.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 03:40 AM
Account Disabled

E manage also works well.they have a new package that has a CAMP-like system and comes with a moniter too...HKS is a bit more straightforward though for just the gauges IMHO

Leo - Suby's all done! runs nicely....