Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Makeing da evo a 10 sec car?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2002, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm but officially e fastest car on e 1/4 mile is a skylineR33 gtr
...... skylines r not built for e drag strips...but this car realli proves tht non-drag cars can be made into drag machines...

i hav a little doubt though....i dun believe e HKS-skylineGTR is faster than a drag racer on e 1/4 mile....plz enlighten me on tht....

if u wanna check out e r33,,,here's the link

http://www.racingflix.com/browsevideos.asp?p=4

scroll down to "HKS R33 GTR"

Old Oct 27, 2002, 09:32 AM

back on track to the guy asking about a 10 sec ride?
if you even have to ask how, then your gonna need more than 1ok. not being mean, just being honest!
I've had a buddy spend more than $20g's to run a 11.4 in a civic hatch & he showed me all the receipts. and on the other hand had another a friend spend less than 4g's to run 12.5 on his 1g awd eclipse. theres so much to it.......
Old Oct 27, 2002, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by espido1001
hmm but officially e fastest car on e 1/4 mile is a skylineR33 gtr
...... skylines r not built for e drag strips...but this car realli proves tht non-drag cars can be made into drag machines...

i hav a little doubt though....i dun believe e HKS-skylineGTR is faster than a drag racer on e 1/4 mile....plz enlighten me on tht....

if u wanna check out e r33,,,here's the link

http://www.racingflix.com/browsevideos.asp?p=4

scroll down to "HKS R33 GTR"

Now you are comparing apples and oranges....that's their race demo car (not street legal) no longer AWD drive either....I think the original question was make his "street" car a 10sec runner
PEACE
Old Oct 27, 2002, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by ishi
Claudius is right...1G DSM engines are plentiful...do you really want run higher boost without internal mods...especially with EVO engine???... you blow 1G engine..it shouldn't be that hard to find a replacement block....you blow EVO engine...how easy it is gonna be to find another replacment?? Building a10-sec takes time, patience, dedication and money...if wanna do right Short cuts save you time and money yes...but 9 times out 10...you end up paying for in the long run Try sticking to Auto-x (I think that's what you call it in US) run a EVO w/ 330~370bhp (achievable with min. costs) it's fun, challeging, and doesn't hit the pocket as hard Besides, like I said before use EVO as drag car is fun...but you gonna miss over half of what the car is REALLY capable of PEACE
Whats the difference between an Evo and a 2g block? are they both 7bolts?

I agree with you, the car isnt designed for the 1/4... but i think its a little waste of the car for auto-X... roadracing/lapping sessions would be where the fun is at... in auto cross you dont run side by side, your not even "racing" anything except the clock... you also dont get to really use the full potential of a car with high hp... thats why miatas are populuar on the solo1/2 circuit. Although auto-x is a good way to learn how to controll and correctly manuever a car.

I actually pitcrew (well i did before i moved to OR) for a scca road race mk4 supra.

To be truthfull with you, drag racing is safer than road racing... on the street and off the street... and its also easier... thats a good reason its a popular way to measure a cars potential along with the drivers abbility to controll the car... oh yea, did i mention that theres probably 10x's the amount of drag racing tracks in the us compared to a normal track... its actually easier on the car (14 secs compared to 20+ minutes), and less expensive to do.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said CooperAWD, around here (HI) there aren't any circuit tracks so it's only auto-x or 1320. And I'd definitely take the drag over the 'xing anyday. The only other alternatives are brisk drives through the mountains.