Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Speed Source Intake Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2004, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Source Intake Kit

Hello All,
I just wanted to share my experience with an intake I installed on my EVO a few days ago. This intake is from www.speed-source.net and I believe the price was right around $115. Carl C (whom I think is the owner of the shop) sent the package immediately and so the whole transaction took about 3 days (he sent the intake the day he received my paypal payment).

Fit and finish of this intake was perfect with all the hardware and instructions included...which seems to be a rarity these days. The whole install took about an hour at a leisurely pace... this is including some stops to just explore the engine and tranny.

After about 3 days worth of driving involving bumper to bumper traffic, high speed runs, and normal errands the intake has been very agreeable. No hiccups with driveability, seemingly better pick up at high rpms, and of course the ever present intake/bov noise. So far no check engine lights have illuminated probably because I disconnected the battery prior to the installation.

All in all a very nice product from someone who seems to want to offer something nice for a good price.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear of another satisfied customer. I've been using Carl's stuff for a few months and wouldn't change a thing