Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Turbo Trix reflashing the BR500

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2004, 03:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Trix reflashing the BR500

I hope noone gets pissed off at this post its only meant to keep the evo community up to date with my car.. i have decided not to take the 3.5 hour ride to Pruven and heading to Jersey to visit Mark at Turbotrix for a tune....i have heard good things about them and am excited to see what happens....If anyone knowns my story, ive had a big lag problem with ther BR500 that has been resolved but when adding the new piping, i got a bad stuttering and almost backfiring between shifts at full boost that arrived. Tym Swytzer and Mark both thought addition of new pipes caused to run rich and thats the problem...So hopefully today we will get this beast tunned once and forall and then next year im doing the AEM....but i want a nice ride for know with about as much power as i can get, realy i just want my car to run i wasnt impressed with Pruven the last visit i was there due to a not so hot install job on the turbo kit.........and Al's skills has nothing to do with this decision its purly the ride alone in my mind...if we could hit anywhere in the 400's.....NOT RUNNING 30PSI PRUVEN, AL.......i would be very happy...people on this board know how much ive put into this car, i think by know i deserve what i have done ......and like ive always said, im done the bashing and blamming **** on other people, its purley been my decisions and my misunderstanding......i will keep everyone updated with todays event and will have a sheet up to see how it went......just so everyone knows....my 412whp was made on 30psi, some of the KIDS at Pruven decided to crank it up a bit to see what woudl happen , i was almost praying the motor woudl blow........

Kevin
Old Jul 20, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Goodluck man. Turbotrix rocks! Going with pump gas right??
Old Jul 20, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8power
I hope noone gets pissed off at this post its only meant to keep the evo community up to date with my car.. i have decided not to take the 3.5 hour ride to Pruven and heading to Jersey to visit Mark at Turbotrix for a tune....i have heard good things about them and am excited to see what happens....If anyone knowns my story, ive had a big lag problem with ther BR500 that has been resolved but when adding the new piping, i got a bad stuttering and almost backfiring between shifts at full boost that arrived. Tym Swytzer and Mark both thought addition of new pipes caused to run rich and thats the problem...So hopefully today we will get this beast tunned once and forall and then next year im doing the AEM....but i want a nice ride for know with about as much power as i can get, realy i just want my car to run i wasnt impressed with Pruven the last visit i was there due to a not so hot install job on the turbo kit.........and Al's skills has nothing to do with this decision its purly the ride alone in my mind...if we could hit anywhere in the 400's.....NOT RUNNING 30PSI PRUVEN, AL.......i would be very happy...people on this board know how much ive put into this car, i think by know i deserve what i have done ......and like ive always said, im done the bashing and blamming **** on other people, its purley been my decisions and my misunderstanding......i will keep everyone updated with todays event and will have a sheet up to see how it went......just so everyone knows....my 412whp was made on 30psi, some of the KIDS at Pruven decided to crank it up a bit to see what woudl happen , i was almost praying the motor woudl blow........

Kevin
I more then sure Mark will be able to tune your car out and make good power. Hell he has been tuning 4G63s for a long time at least 500% longer then dynoflash.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck!

I sense tension in here
Old Jul 20, 2004, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know the whole story, but all I can say is just be patient.

Remember, cars are like hand jobs, they're nice and all, but it sure takes forever till it's great.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

if Al was tuning your car, than why would you let those KIDS turn the boost up. They are just there for general shop detail and shouldnt be turning anything on your car unless they ask you first.

Goodluck though
Old Jul 20, 2004, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Kick em in da nuts. I swear I have seen more and more of these "kids" messing around with my buddies cars here lately, and I'm like who hired these creatons?
Old Jul 20, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I really wish you would have given Al another shot at tuning the car now that it has the correct parts on it. I believe the only additional power you will get, if any, is going to be from all the matching parts we sent you to get the car up and running correctly.

Al made 444 whp with the flash and our Stage 4 on another customers car last night at Pruven. Bone stock internals, no port work. The power could have been made on your car too, if it would have had all the matching parts on it when he dyno'd it.

Oh well, good luck.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

p.s. Al was the first guy in this country to re-flash the EVO ECU's.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

p.s. Al was the first guy in this country to re-flash the EVO ECU's.[/QUOTE]

I think RMR or WORKS bet him to it. Because both of those companies had the reflash system first. Also Works had there brain flash available for about 6months before dynoflash was on the market. Just FYI
Old Jul 20, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

If anyone knowns my story, ive had a big lag problem with ther BR500 that has been resolved but when adding the new piping, i got a bad stuttering and almost backfiring between shifts at full boost that arrived.
what did you do to get rid of the lag? my 580 was lagging like mad, until I took it off........
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eric Lyublinsky
I think RMR or WORKS beat him to it. Because both of those companies had the reflash system first. Also Works had there brain flash available for about 6months before dynoflash was on the market. Just FYI
Yep, I believe Al used to run the WORKS P1 back in the day and is still running the WORKS Aperture.

Last edited by jansolo; Jul 20, 2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jansolo
Yep, I believe Al used to run the WORKS P1 back in the day and is still running the WORKS Aperture.

oh ya that's right forgot about that.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
He got the flash to get the lag out of the turbo, that and the AEM EMS apparently, at this point, can both make the car work really well with the BR500. The entire package has to be matched to get it to work well together. I believe when you ran the BR580 kit you were trying to tune it with the UTEC and had blow through MAS, right? Not sure what else your car had, let me know.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin

Godd luck man, I am sure that Mark will fix it for you.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
He got the flash to get the lag out of the turbo, that and the AEM EMS apparently, at this point, can both make the car work really well with the BR500. The entire package has to be matched to get it to work well together. I believe when you ran the BR580 kit you were trying to tune it with the UTEC and had blow through MAS, right? Not sure what else your car had, let me know.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Thanks David. Correct, it was the 580 and I was using the UTEC w/ the stock MAS. I'm not sure what the culpret was w/ in all of my mods. The head has the works, w/ JUN hardware. Best results were from -3 intake/-1 exhaust. We had to add a LOT of timing up top to make big power though. It ended up being 391.7 on the heartbreaker dyno. The spool was very laggy, but I can honestly say that I had not planned out my mods specificaly fory your kit, which was probably my main problem. I will tell you this though, when that SOB spooled, oh my god, hang on to your hair cuz it's going to fly out!!!! I have since sold the kit to a guy here on the board that has purchased a lot of your goods along w/ the AEM, so he should be very happy w/ it. I have went along w/ another kit that is proven w/ the UTEC since my only tuner remotely close is a UTEC guy. Thanks for all the help.
Jeremy

Quick Reply: Turbo Trix reflashing the BR500