Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Harsh engaging clutch.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2004, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harsh engaging clutch.

Bought my Evo used, the previous owner installed an agressive aftermarket clutch feels like a 6 puck..

taking off from a full stop it is impossible to launch smoothly it's like a beginner learning how to drive a stick, the car shudders but when it gets moving the car drives almost like stock but grabs hard. It's extremely hard in parking lots and stop and go traffic, especially stopping on a steep hill.

Is there any way to remedy this? will installing a stainless steel clutch line help a bit? what about adjusting the clutch pedal engagement? This is really a pain in the ***, it would be great if there was a way to fix this as this car is my daily driver!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkjediii
Bought my Evo used, the previous owner installed an agressive aftermarket clutch feels like a 6 puck..

taking off from a full stop it is impossible to launch smoothly it's like a beginner learning how to drive a stick, the car shudders but when it gets moving the car drives almost like stock but grabs hard. It's extremely hard in parking lots and stop and go traffic, especially stopping on a steep hill.

Is there any way to remedy this? will installing a stainless steel clutch line help a bit? what about adjusting the clutch pedal engagement? This is really a pain in the ***, it would be great if there was a way to fix this as this car is my daily driver!
I dont know if there is an easy remedy other than checking to see if he removed the restrictor in the clutch line. This was put in there to soften the engagement of the clutch. Other than that you would have to pull the tranny and put in a softer clutch.