Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GT35/40R .63 and Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good bro!

I can't wait till we get the cars tuned!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Hey guys thanx for all the comments. They due use 304 ss but i called them and they said it has a lifetime warranty from cracking. In fact if it cracks take a picture email it to them and they will next day air a new one to you so you dont have much down time. To me that is customer service. And like i said the price is great so i figured why not give it a try? So far i am very impressed with the welds and the port and polishing they have done. Seems to be well engineered!
I will keep you guys posted it will be going on this weekened.
Same as my borla I couldnt see leaving the stock header on there lol
Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

"There are supports for every tube to help support the weight of the turbo."

BS. You don't need to be an engineer to know that the weight of the turbo applies a downward force, meaning that a support must also be vertical in order to relieve some of the load. Those "support welds" between the primary tubes at the header flange are leftover remnants of an emissions device from earlier Evos....
Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fenris Ulf

BS. You don't need to be an engineer to know that the weight of the turbo applies a downward force, meaning that a support must also be vertical in order to relieve some of the load. Those "support welds" between the primary tubes at the header flange are leftover remnants of an emissions device from earlier Evos....
LOL ok man actually those remnants leftover are for the stock anti lag system found in the JDM evo. And since you are a engineer you would know that since we are not using them and even if we are the metal plate that runs horizontal is still support if you like it or not. Also if you look at the runers there are support welds on the runners also. Anyway like i said in the first place i was not expecting anything spectacular for the price i got it for. I found the manifold and figured well for $300 i cant go wrong. If it ends up cracking then it ends up cracking i will call and get another one sent out to me next day air since it has a lifetime warranty. But im still waiting to see another manifold with 2.7mm thick walls. Anyway thanx for your great post i appriciate that
Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fenris Ulf

common man give the guy some credit. expensive things dont mean that they are the best. what if this manifold was good and did not crack?? it looks great to me and the fitting looks amazing. Life time warranty so their is nothing to worry about. I am gana get one myself .
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like a nice turbo. Let us know the results. I am sure the car will make some nice power. What are you going to use for Engine Management?

I am not flaming, but just letting you know SSchrome has a horrible reputation for cracking on the DSM boards.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Looks like a nice turbo. Let us know the results. I am sure the car will make some nice power. What are you going to use for Engine Management?

I am not flaming, but just letting you know SSchrome has a horrible reputation for cracking on the DSM boards.
Thanx for the info. Finally somones opinion that i respect no offense to anybody elses posts i just get upset sometimes when somebody that doesnt know anything tries to flame. Anyway i am going to be using a AEM EMS converted to Speed Density. Im hoping for 500whp on C16 which i dont think will be much of a problem? I guess i will see on the manifold. If it ends up being a piece of $hit then i guess i will move on
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Thanx for the info. Finally somones opinion that i respect no offense to anybody elses posts i just get upset sometimes when somebody that doesnt know anything tries to flame. Anyway i am going to be using a AEM EMS converted to Speed Density. Im hoping for 500whp on C16 which i dont think will be much of a problem? I guess i will see on the manifold. If it ends up being a piece of $hit then i guess i will move on

Give it to me
Old Jul 22, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thanx everybody for your posts. I got home today to find another toy. Thought i would share!
Attached Thumbnails GT35/40R .63 and Manifold-p1010002new.jpg   GT35/40R .63 and Manifold-p1010003new.jpg   GT35/40R .63 and Manifold-p1010004new.jpg   GT35/40R .63 and Manifold-p1010005new.jpg  
Old Jul 22, 2004, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

wooosssa
Old Jul 22, 2004, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!!!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 08:06 PM

i give you the honda forum that have lots of info relates to ssautochrome and now you want me to search it for you also....okie, here it is:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=933723
Old Jul 22, 2004, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve@Evolution
i give you the honda forum that have lots of info relates to ssautochrome and now you want me to search it for you also....okie, here it is:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=933723

but they have life time warranty.. dont they? I am sure they will stand behind their parts? How long have they been making manifolds?

Mhyar
Old Jul 22, 2004, 09:48 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Ugh.. ditch that intercooler. There was absolutely no thought put into designing those end-tanks. I'm not trying to be a dick but you will get better results a better designed IC. A big surface area does not always mean it's a good IC. Internal fin design and end-tank design have a major impact on the efficiency and flow characterstics of the IC.
Nice turbo setup BTW :-)
Old Jul 22, 2004, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

I thought the same thing when I got my intercooler, which is very similar to the hyperflow. When I saw it I imediately planned on re-designing the endtanks. But after I ran it, what a major improvement. I'm sure re-designing the endtanks would improve flow toward the top of the IC, but I don't think the improved cooling would be worth the cost.

Quick Reply: GT35/40R .63 and Manifold