Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All i did to the guys car was dyno the car for two runs .. Got a number .. 330 whp and 280 ft lbs. I did two more pulls , dialed in his air fuels and he made 349 and 305.. 4 pulls. I didnt spend countless hrs on the car. Didnt need to... The car was undrivable and that was it. He left he shop happy... Like i said before i am in no way in competition with al. I wish good luck to kevin and hopes he makes crazy mph with that turbo. Turbotrix is what it is ... We will continue to tune and make more and more hp's with the evo. All i was trying to do was help someone out and this turns into a war.

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Damn i hate seeing stuff like this. I was supposed to go to turbotrix tomorrow/today, but the day was moved to august and i cant wait that much longer to reflash and dyno my car. But after reading this from page 1 to now, i cant believe all the trash talking thats going on. I have NOT 1 doubt in my mind that Al will do a outstanding job on my car, no matter what i have read on these forums. And even if the turbotrix day wasnt canceled, and that i would be there tomorrow getting my car reflashed and dyno tuned there, i still would NOT have 1 doubt in my mind that they will do just as good of a job as Al would do and vice versa. If your going by what 1 person has said than that just show your lack of assuming what that person could have done to the car in those 48 hours to detune his car that he has not mentioned to us. I personally dont give a Sh it about what he says about Al/Pruven, or turbotrix. I am going to Al tomorrow morning and getting my car beefed up, and all of you here can stay here and bash whoever you want to, its your time. I will post my charts and i am thinking of going to the track, depending on the weather tomorrow right after im done gettng it tuned. Stand by for some salt on the shoulder's.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:46 PM

this is funny SH(*(*)&^*^
first off i have all my work done at pruven and yes that means a built motor!!~!!and you know what no pop ,clanks knocks ,pings after 600 miles on the od hmmm something is wrong better go to another shop and blow it up !!!lol
any way my last tune was in 46 f and i made 343 whp and 366tq on pump gas and i just got it dont again in 92f and lost 30 whp ohh crap what happen pruven must be lieing to me too get me to spend more money!!lmao
for some of these noob tunning co. to come on here and try to tell you guys that DAN OF PRUVEN AND THE DAVE BUCHURS OF THE WORLD DONT KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT IS JUST SOO DAME FUNNY!!!!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:49 PM

opps that 30 whp loss was a baseline dont want a you guys to get wrong view ,i know that would never happen here lol
Old Jul 24, 2004, 01:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice to see you come on here Dejan (Dan). You made some very good points, hell, I didn't know you could even type! haha

I want to address a couple of things that were said before you came in.

Mark,

You said that Kevin stated, "It's so much smoother" after you tuned it. We all agree with you. The point you keep missing is that his car was not running right when it came to you, not from the flash he got from Al but from the new parts he installed that he wasn't flashed for. The other thing you have said twice is you hope his 378 hp figures give him the 120 mph trap speeds he should be seeing. Well that we all know is BS. No way a full weight EVO is going to get anywhere near 120 mph trap speeds with just 378 whp. Our car made 390 whp and only ran 117.88 mph. As a side note, there is no doubt in my mind that you did NOT mess with your dyno numbers and I also believe that when the car LEFT TurboTrix that it made 348 on your dyno. I do believe that the way it was tuned the car ended up pulling timing causing the numbers later to not be as high.

On this subject of the tune not staying the same.....when Al was here and we worked on the flash with him on our dyno he proved this to us. I told him he was "full of ****" when he was here. He tuned the car the way we wanted it, made a great big number. Then each pass after that the number continued to fall off. He changed the settings in the flash and the power came back. Pull after pull the HP then stayed the same. Regardless of what some of you guys want to believe, Al has this flash business under control.

Jason,
You asked "Why is this guy so excited over 12 hp?" It isn't 12 hp, it is 30 over what it dyno'd at TT at the same boost level. They dyno'd it at 23 psi, Al dyno'd it with the same boost settings and made 30 more from when they did their quick tune on it. Al then told Kevin that he thought 23 psi was too much for pump gas and with the variables that you are going to find at different gas stations he would suggest turning the boost down to 20 psi, this is where it still made 12 more whp than before.

I don't like seeing anyone run over 20 psi of boost on straight race gas, scares the hell out of me.

Noize,
I have never seen a car that made more HP after 2-3 dyno pulls. This is unless the car was dead cold and so was all the lubricants in the car. This guy drove in off the street with everything in the car warm. I find not only does the car dyno best like this it runs the best times at the track like this. I prefer to pull in the gate, go directy to staging and make a pass as soon as I can.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 24, 2004, 05:43 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by 93h22cvc
noize you are a joke
Step off, champ. How many honest runs did the Turbotrix tune get on the Pruven dyno? Dan is an honest guy, and admitted he wasn't present for this car. Apparently you can't accept that 309whp is a horrible misrepresentation of what the car really did. I'm not buying it, and neither are lots of other people.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 05:57 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Noize,
I have never seen a car that made more HP after 2-3 dyno pulls. This is unless the car was dead cold and so was all the lubricants in the car. This guy drove in off the street with everything in the car warm. I find not only does the car dyno best like this it runs the best times at the track like this. I prefer to pull in the gate, go directy to staging and make a pass as soon as I can.

David
Thanks for the info. I was assuming the car was rested and cold, but it makes sense that they'd put it right on the dyno. From Dan's post, you can tell he has a lot of integrity in that he admitted he wasn't present for this run, and I appreciate that. Maybe we'll see more when the boost, air fuel, HP, and torque curves from the 309whp run are posted. Hopefully.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
How many honest runs did the Turbotrix tune get on the Pruven dyno?
I think everyone will agree it wasn't enough and that if TT was allowed to do a full custom tune,
no doubt they would have yielded better numbers.
But it looks as though they were paid to get the car driveable.

I think the title of this thread is what is making the most confusion.
This cannot possibly be a fair comparison of flashes.
And I say this as a happy Dynoflash customer.

Dan is an honest guy, and admitted he wasn't present for this car.
Again, the accusation that here must have been something underhanded going on.

You think because Dan wasn't there, that Al was running the show ??? Not hardly.

I have been to Pruven for tuning and some dyno days.
Al doesn't touch the dyno other than to go and make a printout; Dan's staff runs it.
Al sits in an office, or watches from the spectator booth.
They bring him the results and the ECU and he reflashes it, hands it back,
and they install it and do more pulls.

Apparently you can't accept that 309whp is a horrible misrepresentation of what the car really did.
Apparently you can't accept that it might be the case. I assume this because Al is involved.
Experts, who you may or may not agree (doesn't matter anyway), that know more than you on the subject
have given various reasons why that may have happened.
Agreed, it's a bad representation of what TT is capable of. But it appears they weren't hired to do a full tune.
Again, the thread title is very misleading.

I'm not buying it, and neither are lots of other people.
You are entitled to the same spending options as the rest of us - you get to vote with your feet
and your wallet.

Last edited by mikesevo8; Jul 24, 2004 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Step off, champ. How many honest runs did the Turbotrix tune get on the Pruven dyno? Dan is an honest guy, and admitted he wasn't present for this car. Apparently you can't accept that 309whp is a horrible misrepresentation of what the car really did. I'm not buying it, and neither are lots of other people.
I was there and ther car was run back to back, the second pass was 289whp lean 12.0 + to 1, and the obdII logged eratic ignition timing. Al felt more runs were useless. BTW he posted the runs and A/F in his forum.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 06:42 AM
Former Sponsor

hey guys just got home from the track, first off, the people in my area need to learn to drive cause out of 9 evos and 4 stis, the fastest one was 13.4@102!!!! unreal, anyway, we did my kit and flashed it, and i was expecting a little more power, but it was on 94 octane and was very humid so im not to dissapointed. the only thing thats killing me is the LAG!!!! i have to ditch the MAF i thinkhey guys just got home from the track, first off, the people in my area need to learn to drive cause out of 9 evos and 4 stis, the fastest one was 13.4@102!!!! unreal, anyway, we did my kit and flashed it, and i was expecting a little more power, but it was on 94 octane and was very humid so im not to dissapointed. the only thing thats killing me is the LAG!!!! i have to ditch the MAF i think..any other ways to get rid of the lag? so here are the two runs...

r/t----.010
60'---1.814
.330--5.288
1/8---8.149
mph--86.17
1000-10.618
1/4---12.650
mph--112.04

r/t--- -.245
60'--1.763
330--5.216
1/8--8.103
mph-86.21
1000-10.576
1/4--12.627
mph-111.02
..any other ways to get rid of the lag? so here are the two runs...

Kevin was complaining about the mph when he went his best time of 12.60 @ 111 when he left our shop. The first time al tuned the car it went 12.62 @ 111 ( you can see results above ) , kevin said his first tune at pruven yeilded 370 whp i believe. So kevin goes to the track. Kevin runs 12.62 ... then puts a " pipe on " and the car runs horrible. Comes to me , i fix his breaking up problem. Goes to the track .. Runs 12.60 @ 111. ... Now goes to pruven ..and dyno's 309. So if the car went 12.60 @ 111 at 309whp.. I cant imagine what it will do now, after the re-tune... Like i said should be 120 + with 70 extra whp. Good luck kevin....!!!

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jul 24, 2004, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
70 wph would equal 7 mph at best. That still isn't 120 mph, see 111 mph + 7 mph=118 mph. As I stated, 390 whp will only net around 117.88 mph. You can twist it however you like, hopefully everyone else can read though and will see the car at 378 whp is probably only good for, at best, 116.68 mph, this would be with an outstanding driver/pass. With this MPH though the car should be capable of 11's on pump gas.

Now if he guts it out and looses 500 pounds over what the car would have weighed in stock, if you follow me, then 120 mph trap speeds would be possible.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 24, 2004, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

noize what have you ever accomplished racing?you are obviously not doing any respectable times.cause i am sure you would be wasting time comparing runs same temp humidity etc.etc.2secs different and it is somebody elses fault.

[POST EDITED. NO NAME CALLING]

Last edited by Speedlimit; Jul 24, 2004 at 07:03 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
70 wph would equal 7 mph at best. That still isn't 120 mph, see 111 mph + 7 mph=118 mph. As I stated, 390 whp will only net around 117.88 mph. You can twist it however you like, hopefully everyone else can read though and will see the car at 378 whp is probably only good for, at best, 116.68 mph, this would be with an outstanding driver/pass. With this MPH though the car should be capable of 11's on pump gas.

Now if he guts it out and looses 500 pounds over what the car would have weighed in stock, if you follow me, then 120 mph trap speeds would be possible.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Thanks dave for clearing that up.. I look foward to a nice 118mph pass for kevin .. , I never was a math major ..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jul 24, 2004, 07:26 AM
Account Disabled

im very happy with the car, and i dont undestand why people get mad cause i go to different vendors, i want to try different things out, and going to TT was to fix a problem..i imagine Mark tried to make power as well but people think i was ditching Al or something....i talked **** onn Shiv cause i didnt like the way he treated me thats all and though the 4 month wait wasnt a big deal...and woudlnt do a refund, enough about that though...we made 385whp 23 psi 94 octane running rich....tunned to 20psi 362whp runnning rich, so when i go the track gonna run c16 27psi and see what happnes, i might do a pass liek this setup curently to see where it is.....car drives awesome, no lagg, and pulls at only 20psi on a big turbo........very very happy and im gonna hit the dyno near me AWD dynojet to do a c16 27psi pull soon....thanks guys
Old Jul 24, 2004, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Hey Kevin. Nice work with the car.

Guess you'll have to change your sig now ...

Quick Reply: TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah