Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Time to make some more popcorn ...
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 93h22cvc
mark did you all of a sudden grow enormous *****. cause your comments are a little off.

All of sudden ? I've always had large ***** ..
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Hi All,
Just want to clear some things up for people who don't do this for a living and don't deal with this everyday. Just because you have X amount of numbered dyno runs, doesn't mean they are all changed tunes. Some runs are only half passes to check low end torque or to set the boost or maybe the car was running to lean and the pass was't finished because it was too dangerous. These type of passes don't yeild any significant numbers so there is no point to post them. So for those of us who have boost controllers, (most of us do), these things don't always go exactly where you want on the first turn of the knob (too much boost, too little boost, too lean, etc...)
Also some tuners take their time to tune a car and some don't. Some tuners charge more and some don't. Some do a good job and some don't. Some give you what you pay for and some don't. Would any of you feel comfortable dynoing 2 or 3 times and no more? How much effort can possibly be put into a few runs? When we strap down a car to the dyno, we have commited to the customer that their car will get what they pay for. If they pay for a custom tune, then that's what they get. If they pay for just dynoing that that's what they get. If they only want 2 or 3 runs, then that's what they get.(at least in our shop).
It is what it is, nothing else. It seems again people are trying to read between lines that aren't there. We actually do 2 baselines on most cars just to verify everything ( h.p., torque, air fuel, etc...). You could do a run at a colder coolant temp and get a completly different number when the car is warmed up (especially with the OBDII cars). That's why we look for consistancy on the baselines before we start to tune.
I'm going to get off topic for a sec again, but you know what would be nice on this forum? How about people asking logical questions instead of making accusations? This forum would have a whole different feel to it. Some people refrain from posting because of the fear of a verbal attack or they just don't want to deal with the B.S. The little comments from the Peanut galleries are not called for. It would be nice to have a logical threads from now on!! I hope so because I really don't mind giving advice or sharing our experiences to broaden the boards horizens and vice versa. Every other post is someone talking non-sense.

Take care all,
Dan @ Pruven
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with the person that questioned the title of the thread.

The title infers an apples to apples comparison and that is just not the case.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:39 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YellowFever
How come dyno run 042 shows 366whp:

And here it also says dyno run 042 BUT it shows 378.1 whp?

And in Kevins signature (386 whp 335 ft lbs) - he just put that he made 386 whp .. where does it show that on the dyno sheet that he made 386whp
If you actually read the dyno graphs, instead of trying to point fingers, you would see that one reads "Actual Horsepower" and the other reads "STD Horsepower." In layman's terms, just for you, one is what the car actually put down on the dyno (Actual) and the other is the WHP corrected for weather conditions and such (STD).
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8power
i talked **** onn Shiv cause i didnt like the way he treated me thats all and though the 4 month wait wasnt a big deal...and woudlnt do a refund, enough about that though...
This is my first post on this thread so bear with me. Kevin, the reason I refused to refund your XEDE was of the bogus test that you and Al conducted with it in your "dynoflash vs. XEDE" dyno comparison. You even admitted to Al's misconduct in a PM to me if you remember. I'll be happy to post it in order to refresh your memory.

Add to that the fact that you butchered the boost control wiring with pliers and the constant misinformation you spread about our company, our products, etc,. and you can see why I just wanted to not deal with you ever again. There are only three people I've ever refused to do business with an you and Al are two of them.

Now back to your regularly scheduled internet tooning debate,

shiv
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
This is my first post on this thread so bear with me. Kevin, the reason I refused to refund your XEDE was of the bogus test that you and Al conducted with it in your "dynoflash vs. XEDE" dyno comparison. You even admitted to Al's misconduct in a PM to me if you remember. I'll be happy to post it in order to refresh your memory.

Add to that the fact that you butchered the boost control wiring with pliers and the constant misinformation you spread about our company, our products, etc,. and you can see why I just wanted to not deal with you ever again. There are only three people I've ever refused to do business with an you and Al are two of them.

shiv
That I did not know about EVO8??? I thought he was a normal guy who is trying to get power like all of us and I felt sorry for his situation. I guess I was wrong because he carried Vishnu VS AL before and now he is carrying TT VS AL. (correct me if I am wrong) there is no smoke with out fire.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yellowfever can you clean your inbox plz
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
I'll let a street bum tune my car before Shiv... not because I believe he is not a competent tuner, but because of the how he lets his people run amuck. Of course you cannot control your customers directly, but there are many tuners who will rightly leave you out in the cold if your character brings shame to the tuners name. So much shame has been brought to Shiv's name buy his customers (excluding Noise and very few others), that I'd have outright banded him and most of his customers from Evom a long time ago... I'm disinterested in who agrees or disagrees with my line of thinking because it is completely irrelevant.
Thanks Zeus that helps out these types of situations a lot
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

shiv
Hey shiv whats up, ken at pruven here. I just wanted to state that there was no dyno misconduct whatsoever at Pruven. Fact is he made 378whp vs 348whp.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prostockCRX
Hey shiv whats up, ken at pruven here. I just wanted to state that there was no dyno misconduct whatsoever at Pruven. Fact is he made 378whp vs 348whp.
Doesnt look like you read that right Ken- Shiv made no reference to the recent dyno circus. Please reread that so no other fire gets started.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Shiv, I met you at Pruven a year ago when you were here tuning. I saw how you do your tuning. I am not takinmg any sides in this but felt the needs to be sitting things staright here becuase Im feeling that things are not being dealt straights here. I have also seen and worked with Al when he does his tuning. It seems both you and Al conduct numerous pulls over a period of time when you are tuning. You can see that in the case of this evo8power car Al took over two hours to do the tune. The time stamp is posted on the dyno sheet on all the pulls. Al takes his time and makes sure that everything is set perfectly and the car is holding the tune for several pulls after the tuning is finished just as you do. I have no idea how anyone could do a tune on a reflash in 2 pulls, or WHY anyone would let someone do that on a $30,000 car? What is the point? I don't think that is doing one any favors cutting corners on the dyno tuning part . Tuning takes time and effort. Shiv I do not know what kind of "misconduct" you are talking about but I do know that Al does not run the cars on the dyno at Pruven. In fact, Al sits in the office usually becuase he has very bad carbon monoxide poisioning and if he breathes in any of the exhuast fumes he gets severe head aches and starts to pass out. The fact is on the last pass the car made 378 whp corrected while at Turbotrix the car was claimed to make 348 whp in two pulls. In my book that is a 30 whp gain. Also from what the guy was posting Turbo tricks was saying that the custoemr really needed an AEM to make any power at all. I guess the 378 whp shows that an AEM was not really needed?? Unless you are saying that somehow Pruven swapped in a different car all of a sudden and made a false dyno sheet then put the customer's car back on the dyno(all while the customer had his back tunbred)?? If Al was making up all these hundreds of dyno sheets that he has tuned here then how are the customers duplicating the results at other dyno shops and also getting great times on the drag strip? I was reading about some of your own Xflash challenges that you have conducted comparsions against Dyno Flashed evos in which the customers had done mods to the cars after the Dyno Flash. As you must know, this throws off the tune when new parts are added. Are you also guilty of dyno "misconduct?" It seems to me that all the tooners are trying to do a good job and satisfy their custmers and keeping it real. I dont like it when the tooners attack each others its not cool. Stop the hate

Last edited by 93h22cvc; Jul 24, 2004 at 11:58 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

shiv

I didnt know this either. Would of def made up my mind about helping this guy out.

Mark
Turbotrix Racing

Nobody doubts pruvens dyno.. What i just find odd ..is al dyno'd the car the first time before he did pipes.. The car went 111 mph. He wasnt happy. Buschur sent him pipes which he put on. The the car runs like crap. Comes to me and i level out his AF 's and he goes back to the track. Runs the exact same time. 12.6 @ 111... now he goes back to pruven for al to dyno the car once again. Straps the car down and it makes 309 whp.. So did the car make 309 last time at pruven ,,, what were his original numbers that al made that netted him 111 mph ?

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prostockCRX

Hi Ken... Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am not alluding to any misconduct on your part. I know you guys and I know you folks wouldn't take party to such a thing. I was talking about a test Al conducted several months ago when he disconnected the boost control terminals of the XEDE so that evo8power's car would run mechanical wastegate spring pressure. I live in the past That's all.

On a happier note, I hope things are going well on that side of the country

Regards,
Shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Jul 24, 2004 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah