Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:27 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO
Damn, you vendors and your little digs. It really doesn't reflect well on any of you as a company.

Anyway, before I ask this question I would like to state that it's not a dig in any way and is asked out of sheer curiousity: Why couldn't you reach the 380 figure? Lack of time? Could you have reached it if you spent more time? Or, is the turbo just not capable of that number without other mods? Needs a standalone unit? Mismatch of parts? I'm not intending to start a flame war with this question. I'm simply looking at which upgrade path is best for me and don't want to start acquiring parts that I might have to replace somewhere down the line when I do upgrade the turbo. If you want to PM me the answer then that's fine.
Different dyno!
Pruven's 248C is the best thing that ever happened for Dynoflash marketing.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by v8killer
All dyno's are not the same, All tuners are not the same, ...

yes, your right, BUT, I rather go with the tuner that tunes more safer and I KNOW that their Flash will be reliable for the FUTURE (even if it means getting fewer WHP than the other tuner, I know I'm SAFE... thats the key of tuning ).

some people don't realize those things

Turbotrix all the way

Last edited by YellowFever; Jul 22, 2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Evo8power, you have completely wasted your resources. I can't imagine how much money you have blown on this thing and it only runs 111 through the traps.

You claim you do not want to start any flame wars, but then you go on bantering about this tuner etc, and then bashing him. Only to go on and make another thread about tuning and essentially repeating yourself. So far there are like 5 or 6 threads started by you and your claims of like 500 hp. Naturally, the Vishnu people are going to give their opinions, TurboTrix will give theirs, and finally, Buschur and Al will give theirs. It automatically becomes a flame war.

A reflash really does not sound like it suits you at all. You are changing things on a monthly basis, and then throwing down X amount of dollars for a retune. Man up and get the EMS.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Hey kevin .. Good luck ... no bad feelings, you gotta do what you gotta do. Im sure al has been relentless calling you. This has happend in the past. I believe i made 4 pulls with your car. Charged you 150 dollars and got rid of your driving problems. Im in no competition with al, used to be. We've taken it to a different level ..one that no-one has come close to. Some have tried for 2yrs now ..but havent even come close. First pull with your car netted 330whp and 280 ft lbs of torque. Lets hope 2nd time around al gets you a better number ..

Mark
Turbotrix Racing

I hope you achieve your 400 on pump at 23 psi .. Good luck..
Mark, how come you only charged $150 and 4 pulls for evo8power. Is that what you normally charge for a dyno tuned reflash? If so we may have a lot of business for you from DC
Old Jul 22, 2004, 04:06 PM

You do realize Al is just going to build on top of his flash and run it leaner. If it we're me, I would make damn sure I didn't get a weaker number, and then have you running on the forums pointing fingers.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 04:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nastea
Mark, how come you only charged $150 and 4 pulls for evo8power. Is that what you normally charge for a dyno tuned reflash? If so we may have a lot of business for you from DC

nastea .. naa we just charged him 150 to help him out. He didnt want to drive up to pruven, and said his car was undriveable ... so i helped him out.

Mark
turbotrix
Old Jul 22, 2004, 04:33 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by metaphysical
You do realize Al is just going to build on top of his flash and run it leaner. If it we're me, I would make damn sure I didn't get a weaker number, and then have you running on the forums pointing fingers.
If you mean Al is going to start with Mark's flash, yes that is painfully obvious. I wonder how many times he called Evo8 power on the phone and told him he wants a chance to make more power.

Did you use the old "I'll sue you for slandering my company" bullshat line on him again, Al? Worked last time.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noize
If you mean Al is going to start with Mark's flash, yes that is painfully obvious. I wonder how many times he called Evo8 power on the phone and told him he wants a chance to make more power.

Did you use the old "I'll sue you for slandering my company" bullshat line on him again, Al? Worked last time.

Old Jul 22, 2004, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8power
OK guys...yup its me again....im not trying to start any fights at all!!!! i like both vendors and am just looking for the best out of my evo.....most people know i just left Turbotrix with a flash with my br500....the car rides smooth, no more lagg, and got rid of the running rich problem.....awesome job....but......made 348whp 305 ft lbs.....no way near where i need to be with my modds including no EMS and using a flashed stock ecu....So i go to Pruven Fri at 330pm for a flash with Al, exact modds, exact psi, exact octane....hopefully weather will be the same....i guess it will be neat to see who has a better flash program....i hope this doesnt cause any problems i feel this test is a good one to see how each vendor feels..im excited.....im just looking for around 380-390 whp on pump running 24 psi...so when adding c-16 ill get the 420-440whp....corect? i went to the track last night running 94 octane 23.5 psi and 100% humidity....hot as hell out there....so i ran a 12.6@111 with 1.89 60ft....considering all factors and runing 340whp i wasnt totaly upset but deff looking for 12.0-12.2 on pump gas and 11's on race...so tomorow will be very interesting to see what we can do...ill be at Pruven around 330pm so by 1000pm when i get home ill post up results, wont be hitting the track till wed night...thanks guys....oh yeah i love David Buschur....

Jeezus....care to throw some of the 40 billion dollars you have spent on your car this way??
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:19 PM

This is really getting pathetic. Who cares? What's the difference? Lot's of BR500s have been tuned already on pump gas, yours is right in the range where the others are. Both Al and Mark have tuned several and their close to the same as yours, give or take MAP conversion gains if you run the EMS. What's the big deal, how much more HP you think your going to get by creating this 'pissing match.' And Turbotrix, rightly, doesn't want to get involved with this.
Frankly, I don't know why Al want's to get involved with you, it's not like your helping anyone.

So, maybe you make 10 more HP, and maybe your car runs a low 12, great. (And figure this, if you do make a lot more hp -not going to happen- and run a 11, you get kicked off the track and don't get to make any more runs.) It's not going to jump alot, your right within the realm of all the other BR500s.

And for $2500 I would be hoping for a lot more than 350whp, I would be hoping for 400whp plus. It's simple physics, is it not? Increase your turbine size, it will create less heat, and thus you'll have less knock, and make more hp on pump gas. Isn't that the way physics works?
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Before you even let Al touch the car, run it EXACTLY as it was tuned at Turbotrix and see the number. Pruven's dyno reads higher, thus all cars that dyno there show inflated numbers. If you don't see this factual evidence before even starting, you'll just screw yourself over. I can't believe you're wasting so much time with a freaking reflash. Get an EMS already!
So when has the right hand man of Vishnu recommended something other than an XEDE.
I do agree with you on running it first on the dyno which I am sure Al would do anyway so he could see the gains. Lets be posistive here he is wanting to see if he can get more power out of his car.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 05:49 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
which I am sure Al would do anyway so he could see the gains.
Reality. Process.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 06:04 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by prowler
Evo8power, you have completely wasted your resources. I can't imagine how much money you have blown on this thing and it only runs 111 through the traps.

You claim you do not want to start any flame wars, but then you go on bantering about this tuner etc, and then bashing him. Only to go on and make another thread about tuning and essentially repeating yourself. So far there are like 5 or 6 threads started by you and your claims of like 500 hp. Naturally, the Vishnu people are going to give their opinions, TurboTrix will give theirs, and finally, Buschur and Al will give theirs. It automatically becomes a flame war.

A reflash really does not sound like it suits you at all. You are changing things on a monthly basis, and then throwing down X amount of dollars for a retune. Man up and get the EMS.
I totally agree. Trying to make a ton of power on a piggyback is like trying to make a one legged man run a 6 minute mile by strapping a rollerskate to his crutch. It looks fast, but just falls apart eventually. To extract the best hp and reliability out of a setup, the ecu must be exactly configured for the stuff its controlling. Start swapping things around, and its efficiency drops. Buy an ems.. let someone who knows the ems tune it.. and be happy...
Old Jul 23, 2004, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MayhemSi
I totally agree. Trying to make a ton of power on a piggyback is like trying to make a one legged man run a 6 minute mile by strapping a rollerskate to his crutch. It looks fast, but just falls apart eventually. To extract the best hp and reliability out of a setup, the ecu must be exactly configured for the stuff its controlling. Start swapping things around, and its efficiency drops. Buy an ems.. let someone who knows the ems tune it.. and be happy...
Hey, get your facts straight. Evo8power is not using a piggyback ems. He is using stock ecu flashes. Also, if a piggyback sytstem is tuned properly, great results are easy to come by. Vishnu's red car did a 11.5 last month on 93 octane, for example. Utecs, xedes, and even SAFC's have been making great power for Evo owners.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Hey, get your facts straight. Evo8power is not using a piggyback ems. He is using stock ecu flashes. Also, if a piggyback sytstem is tuned properly, great results are easy to come by. Vishnu's red car did a 11.5 last month on 93 octane, for example. Utecs, xedes, and even SAFC's have been making great power for Evo owners.

I agree. xede and utech are great and of course AEM. beside you end up with 2 maps one for streets and one for race gas. where can you get 2 maps on stock ECU?

Quick Reply: TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah