Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its less important of the number but more important of the percentage gain over base
Old Jul 23, 2004, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Im Sure Al Can Produce More Power But What Will He Be Doing To Your Car To Prove A Point.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by metaphysical
You do realize Al is just going to build on top of his flash and run it leaner. If it we're me, I would make damn sure I didn't get a weaker number, and then have you running on the forums pointing fingers.
He can't just build on the current flash, he has to re-flash it. You can't read the code because it is encrypted. Techtom gives you the stock flash when you buy the kit, otherwise nobody could flash it back to stock because there is no way to read the code. If that wasn't the case companies could just steal each other's flashes. You flash it with values known to you, make observations and then flash it again with some values changed and repeat until you are done.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You mean you can't type into Microsoft Word what HP levels and AF ratio you want and download into the ECU? Surely you could use Powerpoint to make a presentation to the ECU to communicate your goals? No? Wow, tuners have to actually know something to acheive results? What has this world come to?
Old Jul 23, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

EVOTEXAS i would like a presentation in power point, it would help me understand why this thread ever was started.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if evo8power could have made the same power w/ just an AFC. For the love of god, how many reflashes do you need to go through before realizing that it’s just not cutting it. Shops must love customers like you.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marksae
I wonder if evo8power could have made the same power w/ just an AFC. For the love of god, how many reflashes do you need to go through before realizing that it’s just not cutting it. Shops must love customers like you.

EVO8 best of luck as you are in deep $$$$$. If you have extra $$$ plz send some to me . Being happy with your car is something and making it a test machine so other tuner can make 10 or even 15 whp more is priceless. Don’t be the guinea pig man. I think Mark did a great job and he is one respectful tuner. I just don’t see you making anymore power with out some serious new parts.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Damn...what's with all the hate???
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Shut up NOVA, now we hate you too!! J/K

I'm sure Al will not sacrifice the car to improve the tune. If anything he will factor in a margin of safety. Let's not all start speculating; let's just SEE what happens. I have the utmost faith in Al's tuning. He has a passion for evos and he's not about to blow one up for high HP numbers. That wouldn't reflect well on his tuning anyway, would it?
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by siantjab
I'm sure Al will not sacrifice the car to improve the tune. If anything he will factor in a margin of safety. Let's not all start speculating; let's just SEE what happens. I have the utmost faith in Al's tuning. He has a passion for evos and he's not about to blow one up for high HP numbers. That wouldn't reflect well on his tuning anyway, would it?
WERD...it doesn't matter what your WHP #'s are if your engine goes **** up...
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by siantjab
Shut up NOVA, now we hate you too!! J/K
Yo' mama!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOVA EVO
Yo' mama!

no no, yo mama
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I know I am wasting my time here....most of the time no one reads the facts. I will type this anyway.

Kevin (car owner) bought quite a few parts from us. He also bought some parts from other companies and left some that should have been changed stock. He then added the BR500 turbo kit to this "mix-match" of parts.

Al agreed to do his flash for free, he wanted to get a map built for the re-flash for the BR500 kit. (This means he didn't spend the million dollars he is being accussed of on tuning) I think the dyno time was also free at this time.

Al tuned the car, the initial thought was Kevin would do a straight C16 tune and a 94 octane tune. Ended up the tune was a mix giving about 100 octane, or some number they came up with.

The car made 420 whp (close to that, I am not going to look, it is close enough) and left running Al/Pruven just fine.

Next day Kevin called me, said he wasn't really happy with what it made, I agreed. Looked at what he had done to the car and found some things I thought needed changed. Kevin and I came to an agreement to get the parts to him to make it all work out. BTW, he didn't have the money to pay for the parts, we worked out a "payment" plan. (Once again the guy didn't spend a million dollars that he is being accussed of)

Kevin received the parts, put them on the car, the car developed a miss, didn't run good after the parts were put on. Kevin called the shop, Tym told him it sounded as if it was running too rich and it would need to be re-tuned.

Kevin then decided the drive to Turbo Trix was shorter than to Al again. Without talking with Al or myself he called and made an appointment with Turbo Trix to get it re-tuned. Kevin then posted this information on the forums. This in turn pissed off Al, Al felt he did a good job and could have made more power but the other parts issues kept him from doing this.

Kevin took his car to Turbo Trix. The car was dyno'd with the missing problems and made 330 whp. Mark re-tuned the car, made it run good and ended up making 348 whp. Still is not impressive for what is done to the car, nothing against Mark, I am not blaming the tuning.

I don't know if AL called Kevin or not, but I did call Kevin. I asked him what was going on, told him I wished he had given Al a shot at re-tuning his combination and that it looked bad for him to "jump ship" like that. Made it look like Al and myself didn't know what we were doing and would rather try to get it straightened out on our own.

Kevin told me he didn't realize that there was this "friction" between Mark and myself and didn't mean to cause any "problems".

I then asked Kevin if HE would call Al and ask him to tune his car once again.

I am sure Kevin didn't want to get involved in all these politics and that is why the entire story hasn't been told.

With all the name calling and **** matching on here I thought it would be best to get it all out in the open.

As for the baseline dyno numbers I agree with all of you. I talked with Al about making sure the car got a dyno number when it came in the door before he did anything, he said "ABSOLUTELY". I also just got off the phone with Dejan (Dan) at Pruven and asked him to make sure the same thing takes place, he said the same thing.

As for running the car much leaner just to get power out of it, which is what someone said Al is going to do, that is not what will take place, I can gaurantee you that. Al, of all the tuners I know, run the cars on the WAY rich side, WAY rich. There is a LOT more to tuning a car to make power than making it lean. Matter of fact that is one of the last places we would look in a tune to make more power.

Thanks for reading I hope this clears up quite a bit of things.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:15 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
David-

At no point in this thread have I (or anyone else for that matter) ever questioned the abilities or integrity of Buschur Racing or Turbotrix. Its also very clear that the BR500 turbo kit is not the problem.

The potential of this car is so far beyond the scope of a reflash, it is ridiculous. If Kevin can afford a frickin' turbo upgrade, he could've afforded to hold his wad and get an ECU solution that doesn't blow goats for big HP- Thus laying the proper groundwork first. I feel that Mark did an awesome job with what he had, as the car runs great, and is just reading differently on a different dyno. I also am very confident that Al's tune won't have anywhere near the drivablilty of Mark's due to the lack of comparable tuning successes.

The smartest thing Evo8power can do is leave the car alone, run pump gas at sane boost levels, and wait until he can afford an EMS and have Tym and yourself tune it. Everything in one house. No bullshat. No external drama.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Noize,

I in no way meant to point any fingers at anyone for any of this. I don't feel you questioned my intergrity or anyone else's either. I just wanted to get the entire story of what has happened in this soap opera out there.

I would love to install the EMS on the car and get it tuned. The problem, I guess, is with finanaces.

I also agree, everyone that builds a car should do it in stages and build upon each part. This is the only good way to make power.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah