Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noize
David-

At no point in this thread have I (or anyone else for that matter) ever questioned the abilities or integrity of Buschur Racing or Turbotrix. Its also very clear that the BR500 turbo kit is not the problem.

The potential of this car is so far beyond the scope of a reflash, it is ridiculous. If Kevin can afford a frickin' turbo upgrade, he could've afforded to hold his wad and get an ECU solution that doesn't blow goats for big HP- Thus laying the proper groundwork first. I feel that Mark did an awesome job with what he had, as the car runs great, and is just reading differently on a different dyno. I also am very confident that Al's tune won't have anywhere near the drivablilty of Mark's due to the lack of comparable tuning successes.

The smartest thing Evo8power can do is leave the car alone, run pump gas at sane boost levels, and wait until he can afford an EMS and have Tym and yourself tune it. Everything in one house. No bullshat. No external drama.

Exactly, I can't agree more. Leave the car alone save money and get AEM or better engine management solution. I would like to add that here on this thread we did not come up with the idea that EVO8 is wasting a lot of $$ he said that himself in other posts. He said every dyno flash cost $$$$ a pop, that’s exactly what he said. You can find the post here on EVOm. That's how we came to the conclusion that EVO8 is spending a lot of money. If it is free hell with it go and have everyone tune it and see who would give you the best results.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont have a single complaint about making power on the Buschur 500kit. I made 438 on a 1/2 tank of 93 and 5 gallons of C-16 at 26 psi of boost. Next time we are going for straight C-16, 30 psi. It took a little getting used to the power band in comparison to the stock turbo coming on full boost by 3k. But My 500 comes on at around 4k and by 5k is screaming towards 30 psi in a hurry............I LOVE it man. I know I let you down big time David with blowing the trip out there because I fell asleep like Snoopy, but your BR500 kit is kickin REAL HARD even on pump gas 386@24-26psi with Mark tapping away at the laptop. I'm sure this guy will eventually get this whole thing worked out because the Buschur kit definitely makes power, Turbotrixflashed, Dynoflashed, Buschurflashed, or AEM tuned it may vary slightly but the power will definitely be unleashed..........at least mine did.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Damn evo 8 power! if you keep flashing your ECU it's going to go blind!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:35 PM
Account Disabled

im at pruven right now waiting, i got to use the computer here...the first pull was 309 whp..so hes been tunning for a little bit know, so we will see hwat happens, im very excited and will post emdiately on what Al has done to the car and we are running the same boost and same gas.....
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

309 base line ??
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_dude
Damn evo 8 power! if you keep flashing your ECU it's going to go blind!

I never thought of this one lol . this car got more flashes than Demi moor.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:50 PM
Account Disabled

309 baseline run was with Turbotrix flash!!!, we left all settings the same, so far out of the 3 awd dynojets i have been too Pruvens reads the lowest.....so these are fair numbers for Al by all means....i was just disapointed on the low numbers from turbotrix and i went to the track and hit 12.60@111 w/1.89 60ft.....this is why i decided to give Al a chance with all the correct piping from Buschur wich Turbotrix had on my car.......were at 350whp right now and were still working.....i have a feeling were going to make more.....i think for the aem tunning turbotrix might have some knwoledge but as far as flashing the stock ecu AL is pretty tough too beat!! ill post up finaly numbers soon....

Last edited by evo8power; Jul 23, 2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Al posted somewhere on EVOm that all dynojets are the same and from what you are saying it proves how wrong he is. If you made 348 on turbotrix and now making 309 on Pruven dyno is a fact that most dyno jets don’t read close or you car had something different.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8power
im at pruven right now waiting, i got to use the computer here...the first pull was 309 whp..so hes been tunning for a little bit know, so we will see hwat happens, im very excited and will post emdiately on what Al has done to the car and we are running the same boost and same gas.....
oops, I can't wait for the feathers to fly on this one.

So, let me get this straight...The Pruven dyno reads LOWER not higher as people have been saying...Now, I'm really

Would Al and Pruven really have the cojones to outright LIE about the 309whp in order to prove a point that the Pruven dyno does not read higher but lower??? I mean that would be a pretty BLATANT lie wouldn't it? It would make more sense to just LIE a little and make it say 340whp....???

Is evo8power that dumb that he can't tell when someone is fudging dyno numbers when he is right there (I'm sorry evo8power - just rhetorical - not accusing you of being dumb)...Hmmm, the plot thickens...and all someone can repond with is that "Al once was quoted as saying all dynos are the same - so he is wrong because the Pruven dyno is lower, wait, no, higher, no, lower, whatever, HAH, THERE, it's proven that Al can't tune anything (embellishment of course)"...This is starting to get hilarious!

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; Jul 23, 2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8power
i have been too Pruvens reads the lowest..

just remember all the people who attack Al and raise turbotrix to god-like status are actually turbotrix's *****es.... i wont say Al or turbotrix is better but those who sing turbotrix's songs are very biased.... good luck with Al, he may get you good set of numbers with plenty of safety of margin
Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Show us a dynosheet when you get home.. before and after (baseline and then dynoflashed)

Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:04 PM
Account Disabled

as far as i saw NO fudging of any numbers or playing with anything and same exact parts.......i beleive were at 360whp.......
Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Are you using the same gas since from Turbotrix's flash? And SAME PSI? Also - don't forget to post up YOUR dyno sheet. Not another customers or your last dyno sheet from your stock turbo
Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

btw, the only way to know who is the best tuner.. if both tuners tune the same car on the same dyno same place same day
Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:10 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
This just reinforces the fact that I trust Al about as far as I can throw the entire city of Milford, CT.

There have been lots of cars that dyno a fair amount higher at Pruven than any other dynojet. All the baseline XEDE map Vishnu Stage 1 cars were putting down 315whp and above at Pruven. At Alamo, they put 295ish, and at Turbotrix, they were a tiny bit higher than Alamo, just above 300. Eric L's car identically modded picked up 15% at Pruven, and Evo8power's car is the only one EVER to read lower? BS!

There are so many facts stacked against Al, but people continue to believe his breeze blowing. Hopefully other searchers of the truth will see right through this BS, as there is a good amount of evidence on the table against it.

Quick Reply: TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah