Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah

OK guys...yup its me again....im not trying to start any fights at all!!!! i like both vendors and am just looking for the best out of my evo.....most people know i just left Turbotrix with a flash with my br500....the car rides smooth, no more lagg, and got rid of the running rich problem.....awesome job....but......made 348whp 305 ft lbs.....no way near where i need to be with my modds including no EMS and using a flashed stock ecu....So i go to Pruven Fri at 330pm for a flash with Al, exact modds, exact psi, exact octane....hopefully weather will be the same....i guess it will be neat to see who has a better flash program....i hope this doesnt cause any problems i feel this test is a good one to see how each vendor feels..im excited.....im just looking for around 380-390 whp on pump running 24 psi...so when adding c-16 ill get the 420-440whp....corect? i went to the track last night running 94 octane 23.5 psi and 100% humidity....hot as hell out there....so i ran a 12.6@111 with 1.89 60ft....considering all factors and runing 340whp i wasnt totaly upset but deff looking for 12.0-12.2 on pump gas and 11's on race...so tomorow will be very interesting to see what we can do...ill be at Pruven around 330pm so by 1000pm when i get home ill post up results, wont be hitting the track till wed night...thanks guys....oh yeah i love David Buschur....
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:38 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Before you even let Al touch the car, run it EXACTLY as it was tuned at Turbotrix and see the number. Pruven's dyno reads higher, thus all cars that dyno there show inflated numbers. If you don't see this factual evidence before even starting, you'll just screw yourself over. I can't believe you're wasting so much time with a freaking reflash. Get an EMS already!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

This should be good....

It will be interesting to see how you do at the track after the new flash. I think a lot of people put to much emphasis on peak hp numbers when comparing different dynos, let it all be settled at the track.

BTW I second the EMS!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:54 PM
EvoM Administrator

Try it and see how close my theory is to correct before you rewrite your Turbotrix flash!

Pruven whp = (Turbotrix whp)*(1.04) at least
x=348(1.04)
x=362whp

I bet your car would put at least 362whp down on Pruven's dyno exactly as it sits right now. If Al is ethical, he will let you do this. If for some reason he would not, you seriously need to question why that would be? If he's confident in his tuning abilities, he should allow this fair comparison to take place. Make sure you do this test so you can post and compare the graphs on top of one another from the same dyno on the same day. Also be sure you add air:fuel and boost values.

Mark has successfully been tuning cars a lot longer than Al. I'm sure you're getting this retune for free, but you need to think before you act.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best of luck to you , But like Noize said get a base line run . " im not trying to start any fights at all!!!! "--evo8power . hope not but i can see this gettin ugly ....... I think when Al gets done you will be very happy with the out come .
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Evo8power, I think this might be a waste of time.

But yes please do a base run before any flashing.

292hp on Pruven's dyno

278whp on turbotrixs dyno with the same mods.

This is my car.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:03 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Didn't you start off with the Vishnu camp and xede? I hope you have a good job, or rich parents, with all the re-tunes you keep doing. But, it seems that you try on tuner, love their product, get disappointed with them a few hours later, then move to another tuner. I seriously wish you the best of luck with the re-tune and hope you can reach your goals. Noize's comments are valid too and you need to get a good baseline to see where your starting point is. Of course, I am sure that will lead to certain people claiming that Al messed with the dyno to produce lower numbers for the baseline pull.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:10 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Eric Lyublinsky
Evo8power, I think this might be a waste of time.
Especially since the car will most likely end up running worse.

But yes please do a base run before any flashing.
You owe it to yourself and your car. The only reason to not do it would be if you want to allow ignorance to be spread throughout these forums.

292hp on Pruven's dyno
278whp on turbotrixs dyno with the same mods.
This is my car.
Ooh snap, that's actually 1.05% That means that his Turbotrix numbers would be closer to 365whp. Hmmmm.. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Eric, pick up your phone, fricker!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey kevin .. Good luck ... no bad feelings, you gotta do what you gotta do. Im sure al has been relentless calling you. This has happend in the past. I believe i made 4 pulls with your car. Charged you 150 dollars and got rid of your driving problems. Im in no competition with al, used to be. We've taken it to a different level ..one that no-one has come close to. Some have tried for 2yrs now ..but havent even come close. First pull with your car netted 330whp and 280 ft lbs of torque. Lets hope 2nd time around al gets you a better number ..

Mark
Turbotrix Racing

I hope you achieve your 400 on pump at 23 psi .. Good luck..
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize

Eric, pick up your phone, fricker!
Seth in a meeting as we speak, Yep got the lap top hear pertending I'm really taking notes but I'm on line fricking around. I will not be home until 8 or so.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Red face

YES, make sure you get a base DYNO run without the Dynoflash - that will show how higher it reads.

Also, when he tunes it, make sure u use 94 octance (from the same gas station u used for turbotrix) (no c-16 allowed) and make sure you tune it at 23. 5 PSI (not 24 )

Last but not least... Please make sure to show your Dyno sheet and not someone elses

Last edited by YellowFever; Jul 22, 2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

All dyno's are not the same, All tuners are not the same, but I am glad you are trying them all out for us! Please please get before and after dyno runs, pay extra for it if you have to, there is no other way to know if you really are gaining HP....!!!!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Hey kevin .. Good luck ... no bad feelings, you gotta do what you gotta do. Im sure al has been relentless calling you. This has happend in the past. I believe i made 4 pulls with your car. Charged you 150 dollars and got rid of your driving problems. Im in no competition with al, used to be. We've taken it to a different level ..one that no-one has come close to. Some have tried for 2yrs now ..but havent even come close. First pull with your car netted 330whp and 280 ft lbs of torque. Lets hope 2nd time around al gets you a better number ..

Mark
Turbotrix Racing

Now thats a great tuner talk. Mark you have my respect. I am sure you did great. as our friend NOiz said please run your car on their dyno before anyone touch it. Good luck man.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YellowFever
YES, make sure you get a base DYNO run without the Dynoflash - that will show how higher it reads.

Also, when he tunes it, make sure u use 94 octance (from the same gas station u used for turbotrix) (no c-16 allowed) and make sure you tune it at 23. 5 PSI (not 24 )

Last but not least... Please make sure to show your Dyno sheet and not someone elses

haaaaaaaaa, your dyno sheet should have your EVO finger stamp on it
Old Jul 22, 2004, 02:24 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing

Mark
Turbotrix Racing

Damn, you vendors and your little digs. It really doesn't reflect well on any of you as a company.

Anyway, before I ask this question I would like to state that it's not a dig in any way and is asked out of sheer curiousity: Why couldn't you reach the 380 figure? Lack of time? Could you have reached it if you spent more time? Or, is the turbo just not capable of that number without other mods? Needs a standalone unit? Mismatch of parts? I'm not intending to start a flame war with this question. I'm simply looking at which upgrade path is best for me and don't want to start acquiring parts that I might have to replace somewhere down the line when I do upgrade the turbo. If you want to PM me the answer then that's fine.

Quick Reply: TurboTrix Flash vs. Dynoflaah