Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Are there any companies like Shep Racing that bulid up t-cases ???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evomind
i think the trans is kinda lousy because a performance car shouldnt have any issues of grindind, not being able to shift as fast as you can, being limited to how fast u shift by the mechanical limitations of the tranny and supporting hardware...
i have done all the mods i can think of ...clutch, these bushings, those bushings, short shifter.....
if u wanna know what a great performance trans feels like, drive a car with a t-56 in it...tell me if that grinds, or anything else that adversly affects performance driving, or any driving for that matter.....you can slam those gears all day long, never "miss a shift."
i put a t-56 in my cobra, been driving stick for 20 years, so its not me....
Well, I bang through my gears pretty darn fast shifting at 7500-7700 rpm in every gear. I used to have 1-2 gear grind than I change the fluid to Redline MT-90 and haven't had the grinding problem since unless my foot falls asleep and have a misshift.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't do clutch drops on an AWD car like on a 2WD car. No matter how much you beef up the drivetrain, it's not going to last. If you go to the track, hard clutch slips will net you the best 60ft times. You have to make the clutch eat most of it when launching to save your driveline. Worn clutches are better than broken trannies and t-cases. Change your driving style or look forward to paying for more repairs down the road.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

i agree with most everything said here....
i still think the t56 is an awesome high performance trans....my cobra has 600hp at the wheels, and that trans is flawless....plus its a 6 speed so i can play with vipers who run 150 shot of nitrous at 190mph...
i have changed the fluids....ill retract that the clutch is "lousy." ill say its not up to par with most of the other components on the rest of the car..
i dont do 6k rpm clutch drops per say.....i do slip it just a little..
anyway, i have way too much money in my car, but im about done with turbo and engine mods, so now to maximize the extra hp i figure to look at that trans.....
thanks guys.....
Old Aug 2, 2004, 09:28 AM

does any one know if the RS LSD from the 05 will work on the o3-04 EVO? has any one tried it?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evomind
oh, i forgot...the info i had asked them about was referring to the trans work they advertise and was wondering if those parts and services were available for the evo8 trans....im not sure what trannies are the same with what....so i asked...
they have a pretty good site....

Ever drive an AWD car that was stick before. Was a bit of a learning curve for me.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KZEVO
Aight...got some info here. Hopefully this guy can help. One of the guys at the shop recommened him. Check out this website and either email or call John, Owner of Team Rip Engineering.

http://www.teamrip.com/index.html

hope this helps and good luck
I sent mine out there last week. Jon should be receiving it tomorrow. I should have it back by next week and I'll write a review then.

Edit: I've received a few PM's about me sending this out to get fixed. If I were you I'd wait until I get mine back (I'll write a review) THEN send yours to TRE. As of now I'm not even sure if he can fix it so I don't want any of you to get screwed or anything. Put it like this, I'll be the EvoM guinie pig

Last edited by Hooptie157; Aug 2, 2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

I am in kalamazoo, talked to John on the phone a while back, seems to know his stuff. I think he has built some stuff for Dave at Buschur.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

What was he charging ???
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there any update on your transfer case rebuild?