Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bov Help???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bov Help???

Hi I'm new to evolutionm.net and I just bought an evo two weeks ago and I absolutely love the car. But now i'm looking at replacing the stock BOV with a louder one. I want to hear that WHOOOSH .

I'm looking for a BOV with stock like driveability that won't cause any problems while idiling or while downshifting. So please post your recommendations and warning with links to where is the best place I can purchase the BOV.

Thank You in advance.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

Get an open element air filter (the cone kind), you can get a decent one for $50 - $80. Put that on your car and listen to it with the stock diverter valve, it will be significantly louder. If you still want louder than that you can go to any of the major bov's that are spoken of countless sites on this thread. search for greddy, hks, tial, 1g, forge, and works gfb.

I have the Greddy type S, and if you do the spring mod (go to evomoto.com, in the tech section) the driveability is as good as stock, and the blowoff is a bit louder if you dont mind a bit of a chirpy whistle.

Dont vent to atmosphere if you dont want it stalling on you every time you let revs down, whatever you get make sure it recirculates air back into intake, just like stock.. If you get the cone air filter, this will be just as loud as venting to atmosphere...

btw, welcome to the site, and before somone yells at you for it, this topic has been beaten to death here, next time you have a question, search for the topic and see if you can find your answer that way before starting a whole new thread. good luck.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
pick up a Evolution MR edition diverter valve
Old Aug 2, 2004, 01:06 AM

So the MR edition that is coming soon will have a louder psssh sound?
Old Aug 2, 2004, 01:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
never going to be loud with stock airbox intact, the mr diverter valve will let you keep more stable boost and will not adversely affect the driveability of the car.

edit: btw found some in stock here
http://www.kingofimports.com/product...&idproduct=135

Last edited by mitsuorder; Aug 2, 2004 at 01:35 AM.