Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS - 667whp on boost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2004 | 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you just aren't going to run a lot more than 20-25psi on 93 octane unless you lower the compression ratio a lot, run water injection, or something like that. it's physics. and with that 20-25 psi limit, unless you radically alter the VE of the engine somehow you're looking at a relatively fixed amount of power output.

this is useful for serious drag beasts, or nutters who want to run C-16 every day. people running pump gas all the time really don't need a turbo that big on only 2.0L and would be far better served by a smaller turbo making boost earlier.

meh, getting off the soapbox. in-freakin-credible numbers Martin, but had to chime in about pump gas a bit.
Old Aug 7, 2004 | 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

God you guys didnt hit 1000 yet? just kidding, AWESOME numbers...i just want like 500+ and i'll be happier than a pig in ****
Old Aug 7, 2004 | 01:11 PM

Great job
Old Aug 7, 2004 | 09:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jadiem
i respect these strip numbers with race gas.. but honestly, what would this kit make if it was on 93 pump and daily driven... good numbers guys
I believe we've posted results of exactly what your asking for. Just look thru the forum and you'll find what your looking for.
Old Aug 7, 2004 | 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Old Aug 7, 2004 | 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

667whp is nice, but we can sound that surprised that an evo 8 is makin those numbers. remember the Cyber Evo is making 700whp. but thats in race form. is this 667whp street legal, if it is then....DAMN
Old Aug 7, 2004 | 11:03 PM
Former Sponsor

It gets driven on the street almost daily. We take quite a few customers for rides in it. Alot of times it gets parked after 15 minutes of driving because thats about all the driver and passangers can take. Its like an insane roller coaster, too many go arounds and you start to feel like you ate some bad sushi.

It has full exhuast, street tires, and still has AC, power steering, and all the amminities that the car had when it was totally stock. Hell I drove the car over 2 hours each way from Chicago to Milwauke and back to take it to a car show. It drives as nice as a stock one off the showroom floor.

This thing is the ULTIMATE street car.
Old Aug 7, 2004 | 11:05 PM
Former Sponsor

GREAT JOB GUYS...I WANT THAT TURBO AND STROKER MOTOR...

btw.. you guys need to ease on that "want to see pump gas numbers" crap...
if you can push this much power who really cares???
with an engine management you can just easily switch maps and when a day comes when you want to run race gas just switch it over...
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 02:06 AM

Nice job Martin, sounded like the thing was spinning it wheels on the dyno a couple of the runs while I was up in front. It would be nice to see that thing hit a high 9 on boost.
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 08:11 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

93octane , 470whp,
93octane + water injection 504whp (SAE on dynojet)
93octane + alcohol injection .....coming soon!
I took a few board members for a ride yesterday and it pulled f'in insane. I have 245 nitto drag radials on it and it was starting to go sideways in 2nd gear. 3rd gear it skates all over the road! I bet it will pull very close to a 140mph trap speed. Thanks for all the compliments!

-Martin
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

WOW ! That's all I have to say.
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AMS
93octane , 470whp,
93octane + water injection 504whp (SAE on dynojet)
93octane + alcohol injection .....coming soon!
I took a few board members for a ride yesterday and it pulled f'in insane. I have 245 nitto drag radials on it and it was starting to go sideways in 2nd gear. 3rd gear it skates all over the road! I bet it will pull very close to a 140mph trap speed. Thanks for all the compliments!

-Martin

hehehehe....can't wait to see you guys in action in ohio ...if I ever get over having strep

BTW...ya sure it was 667whp and not 666whp? Would be kind of freaky and might give ya an edge! LOL

Last edited by zupber4930; Aug 8, 2004 at 09:00 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 09:12 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

actually it was 666.8 or 666.9
Evil EVO!
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

ok, so martin took me for a little jaunt around the block. it was ok. if swallowing your tounge and tasting your underwear is ok, that's what it was, ok. my eyes still hurt from the fighter jet like g's. i think i swallowed my own vommit 5 times on one run. my velcro shoes would not stay strapped. my zipper was ripped off? the insane amount of violent wind whipping throught the car gave me a reverse mohawk. my hypercolor t-shirt was yellow from pi$$ing myself for the third time. the ribbs on my trojan were worn off from the stupid fast acceleration. i think the clear coat was ripped off of the car after the first two gears. ok, you guys get the point here. the thing is, martin tunes his cars the right way, the safe way, and it was the ride of my life. i can only hope that my car will one day be 2/3's the car that the AMS car is. we had 3 people in the car and get this. it's some crazy $hiT, wait for it.....wait for it...... everytime this crazy bastard (my favorite martin) would shift (mind you, he's rolling on some big ol' nitto drag radials) the car would power itself into the next lane. now for those of you that don't know, Martin's a pretty big fellow. when the car is being propelled down the salt flats of Chicago (Oakton Street) the steering wheel was jerking itself out of his bear like paws. it was just plain cccccccrazy dude. if these guys say it will work, it will work. Big man tuned my gt35rl equipped evo and i'm proud to say that i whipped the snot out of a crotch rocket today. dude pulls up and gives me the go, i give him 2 cars (thought about not running, yeah right), downshift to fourth and nail the afterburner. i caught this guy so fast i shat myself, twice. by the time it was said and done i was well past 150, 5-6 cars ahead of him, and singing praise Martin and AMS ( to the tune of (motley crue's "shout at the devil"). he pulls up next to me and gives me the "what the hell did you just do to my manhood?" ok, i'm done for now. tell eric #1 to feed us a fetus!!
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Way to go AMS !!!

Quick Reply: AMS - 667whp on boost