Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS - 667whp on boost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2004 | 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome Job, Martin!

Hats off to you and the crew.

JDB
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

holy shat!!! ohio.. here comes ams!
Old Aug 8, 2004 | 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up Oh My F****ing God!!!!!!

Originally Posted by jerastan
ok, so martin took me for a little jaunt around the block. it was ok. if swallowing your tounge and tasting your underwear is ok, that's what it was, ok. my eyes still hurt from the fighter jet like g's. i think i swallowed my own vommit 5 times on one run. my velcro shoes would not stay strapped. my zipper was ripped off? the insane amount of violent wind whipping throught the car gave me a reverse mohawk. my hypercolor t-shirt was yellow from pi$$ing myself for the third time. the ribbs on my trojan were worn off from the stupid fast acceleration. i think the clear coat was ripped off of the car after the first two gears. ok, you guys get the point here. the thing is, martin tunes his cars the right way, the safe way, and it was the ride of my life. i can only hope that my car will one day be 2/3's the car that the AMS car is. we had 3 people in the car and get this. it's some crazy $hiT, wait for it.....wait for it...... everytime this crazy bastard (my favorite martin) would shift (mind you, he's rolling on some big ol' nitto drag radials) the car would power itself into the next lane. now for those of you that don't know, Martin's a pretty big fellow. when the car is being propelled down the salt flats of Chicago (Oakton Street) the steering wheel was jerking itself out of his bear like paws. it was just plain cccccccrazy dude. if these guys say it will work, it will work...
Hehe, I was the other "board member" along for the ride.... and I couldn't have said it better myself. That was absolutely the craziest ride I've ever been on. Car was pulling like mad, forward and sideways. I was in the rear seat and barely avoided being decapitated by loose CD's being hurled all over the place ... fighter jet like g's? Sheeeit, put this thing on a launch pad and it will give the space shuttle a run for its money. That car is crazy fast. I got into my Evo afterwards (which ain't all that bad at ~300whp), and I swear I thought I was driving a Ford Festiva for a second ... it just felt THAT slow in comparison.

All I can say is mad props to Martin and his crew, I just hope you can keep it on the track at the shootout...

So J ... how are you liking that Evo, now that it's been tuned and has a powerband wider than 1000rpm?

l8r)

Last edited by Ludikraut; Aug 8, 2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Sheet. i hope RC Developments and Noriss Design get a look at this coz you guys are right up there with their gigures now.

be nice to see the motor with your 2.3 kit in and the new turbo, along with water/meth injection on race gas. you should be puching around the 900bhp marck (at the crank). LOL. do you think you could push the presure upto 3bar (around 45psi)?

thanks Chris.
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Ludikraut, this thing is stupid now. I just can't believe it, every time i hit the gas, i giggle like a little girl. i'm going to try to get a couple pulls on the local dyno dynamics rollers very soon. next up?????? stroker or built 2.0?????
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
one word... sick! Nice numbers... 700whp around the corner
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Mega-props.... just sick

Interested in creating a twin to the 'EVIL EVO'?

g
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeremy, I must say that you are one of the coolest Customers at the shop. We dont take all of our customers to Diamonds Gentleman Club for nothing. You are welcome in town ANYTIME. Look me up the next time you are in the area.

Eric
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

whoa , nice numbers...
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Wow cant wait to get a look at this thing at the shoot out in ohio.
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Jeremy, I must say that you are one of the coolest Customers at the shop. We dont take all of our customers to Diamonds Gentleman Club for nothing. You are welcome in town ANYTIME. Look me up the next time you are in the area.

Eric
I love you too Eric. Next time, i'll bring my wok for the babies . Don't worry, I'll be back in town raising hell real soon!
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerastan
Hey Ludikraut, this thing is stupid now. I just can't believe it, every time i hit the gas, i giggle like a little girl. i'm going to try to get a couple pulls on the local dyno dynamics rollers very soon. next up?????? stroker or built 2.0?????
so, in other words, you're starting to sound like Martin when he was driving his beast. Giggling as his car was trying to hop a lane or two across traffic . I'll be very curious to see if you go with a built 2.0 or stroker. IMHO (all technical issues aside) I'd go with a built 2.0 just because I like hearing my engine screaming at me at over 8000rpms ... but that's just me

I'm glad you got your car finally sorted out, though. It is a sweet looking and driving ride...

l8r)
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
so, in other words, you're starting to sound like Martin when he was driving his beast. Giggling as his car was trying to hop a lane or two across traffic . I'll be very curious to see if you go with a built 2.0 or stroker. IMHO (all technical issues aside) I'd go with a built 2.0 just because I like hearing my engine screaming at me at over 8000rpms ... but that's just me

I'm glad you got your car finally sorted out, though. It is a sweet looking and driving ride...

l8r)
yep, it's the same insane little girl laughter that makes others uncomfortable to the point of shating themselves from nervous bowels.
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 12:25 PM

I love the excitment that everyone has demonstrated in this post. This is what I want from Evom, 667 reasons to love my EVO. Great job AMS!
Old Aug 9, 2004 | 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Is this on a stock drivetrain? How much power can the differentials and driveshafts take?

Quick Reply: AMS - 667whp on boost