Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anybody Ever Got A P0102 Code?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2004, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody Ever Get A P0102 Code?

My Evo has been throwing a CEL alot lately. It first did it when it was about a week old idling in traffic. It cleared by itself after it sat parked for a while. The car ran fine, with no loss in power. Now the car bucks and hesitates then throws a CEL. It clears itself after a day or so of driving. Today was the worse it's been, I borrowed a OBD II scanner and it pulled up a P0102 code, Volume Airflow Circiut Low Input. Anybody ever get this code? I guess it may be time to go to the damn dealership .
Old Aug 14, 2004, 08:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I got this error once when my car was stock, it was when I discovered my MAF sensor was not seated good on the pipe and leaking air, the DV (BOV) clamp was also very loose on the MAF pipe side.. Try to check for air leaks or a loose connection for the connector on the MAF.. Once I tightened everything down the problem never came back. I don't know that this will solve your problem though..

Did you have A/C on at the time? Sometimes when the idle is really low, the airflow into the engine could be really low.

If the car is stock, it really can't hurt to bring the car to the dealership, I can only offer some suggestions from my personal experience, and it might help them trace your problem too. Its certainly under warranty so let them fix it... But at least if they are completely clueless, I was able to give you a little info to point them in the right direction.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 08:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Ya know.. I read your post a second time, since your saying the car is bucking there may be some sort of obstruction somewhere, or the screen on the MAF sensor may have become damaged.. Check the air filter, make sure its not really dirty..
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks MalibuJack for the response. I spent a while this afternoon checking for loose hoses and connections and everything looked good. I added a K & N filter a couple of months and wondered if any oil could have gotten into the MAF. I pulled the MAF and it was dry, no signs of oil residue, the screen looked good also. Like I said before I've been having CEL's since it was new. The engine ran fine in the beginning, now the bucking that it's now doing makes me think that something is wrong. Mabe the MAF is defective. I hate to say it, but it's dealership time.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeah, better safe than sorry.. with a stock car, there's no reason not to take it in.. there's just so many things that can go wrong with the MAF.. It has 3 sensors built into it, and they are known to occasionally go bad.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

You're right. I'll go there first thing on Monday.