Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What is the best way to modify an EVO8 for power and relaiblity

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yeah.... prove it (post some dyno sheets). I've SEEN people dynoing with cams, headstuds, EMS, injectors, full turbo back, intake, and MBC and only pull 333whp.

I myself pulled 366 whp without a cat and 272's. The car right before mine pulled 353 with 264's. So you tell me how is 350whp possible w/o cams (pump gas and safe tune)?
I think you can account for the discrepancies in horsepower with things like conditions of the day, individual dyno's, and most importantly, tuners. Some tuners are better than others. For the AEM, TT is the best (so I've been told). Again, not trying to start any arguments- just trying to possibly explain why there may be some differences in numbers. Like I said though- 340-350 is probably a pretty optimistic figure. Just trying to make some money I guess...

EDIT: Just noticed you were from Jersey. What have you noticed people dyno on TT's dyno with intake, mbc, turboback, and EMS? I am planning on making the drive up there over Christmas to get the EMS installed and tuned with those mods. thanks.

Last edited by jong; Sep 3, 2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
Hooptie157, there are several people here that dyno'd 350+awhp with AEM, 3" turboback, mbc and filter. Turbotrix tuning and AEM are an awesome combination my man.

Were they using race gas?
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hooptie157
Oh yeah.... prove it (post some dyno sheets). I've SEEN people dynoing with cams, headstuds, EMS, injectors, full turbo back, intake, and MBC and only pull 333whp.

I myself pulled 366 whp without a cat and 272's. The car right before mine pulled 353 with 264's. So you tell me how is 350whp possible w/o cams (pump gas and safe tune)?
Why don't you go on turbotrix's website and ask them? Why don't you put up a post so the guys who are making 350+awhp (with the simple bolt ons+AEM) can answer you. People here in EVOM with AEM are making that kind of power without cams. I can't prove it because I can't afford an AEM right now. I got more important things to pay for(example: $400,000+ house to pay for, two cars close to $80,000, student loans, child support and you name it) then an AEM. If it wasnt for child support I could afford 3 more EVO's. AEM and turbotrix tunning next summer then I'll post my dyno sheet for you.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

EMS, intake, TB exhaust, fmic ------> 338whp

out of town right now so no dyno sheets.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 06:28 PM
Former Sponsor

EMS is a great addition to the evo. I would recommend that anyone getting the system should learn it and become familiar with it. Its good to have someone like me set it up and tune it. But its also a great way to learn about your car and what it does. The aem is endless with its possibilities.... You can internally log for hrs at a time, you can automap your fuel map, you can control boost , nitrous .. Customer support is excellent, the forums are great and there is tons to learn. Hope this helps , thanks for all the kind words ..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Sep 3, 2004, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by en1gma19
EMS, intake, TB exhaust, fmic ------> 338whp

out of town right now so no dyno sheets.
Look Hooptie157, en1gma19 doesn't even have a MBC in his list and still 338whp with AEM. I bet with more tunning or tunning from turbtrix would bring him pretty close to 350whp.

Last edited by GREDDY; Sep 3, 2004 at 06:34 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

I just dont see how you could get 300 whp with just AEM 60hp seems very far fetched for just tuning with the AEM is this with aem controlling boost?
Was this an AWD dyno
Old Sep 3, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
I just dont see how you could get 300 whp with just AEM 60hp seems very far fetched for just tuning with the AEM is this with aem controlling boost?
Was this an AWD dyno
AEM + turbotrix tunning is key.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

why is this so hard to believe. al pulls like 60 hp from stock evos with his dynoflash and the ems allows much more fine tuning than a flash does.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a qoute from turbotrix. This is for the unbelievables like Hooptie!

"We even had one member, EVOMIZ, who had his Evo tuned to ~350whp (No cams!) then went out to the track and ran a 12.3 @ 111mph the same night!".

Everyone who has the AEM have turned out some seriouse power, I am a firm believer.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

EMS is a great addition to the evo. I would recommend that anyone getting the system should learn it and become familiar with it. Its good to have someone like me set it up and tune it. But its also a great way to learn about your car and what it does. The aem is endless with its possibilities.... You can internally log for hrs at a time, you can automap your fuel map, you can control boost , nitrous .. Customer support is excellent, the forums are great and there is tons to learn. Hope this helps , thanks for all the kind words ..
Mark,

Thanks for jumping in. I am curious about the mod route you would take with the AEM EMS. I am concerned about emissions, but also with performance. I definitely plan on visiting you all over Christmas and getting the EMS installed. If you could help me find a good way to go- you've already got my business. PM me or let me know to call sometime. I want to get a path planned out in my head by Christmas. Could use some good advice. Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

whoa whoa I've got nothing but respect for turbo trix. I stand corrected, its ossible but I've never SEEN it in person. All my work is done at TT and I know they can make what they claim. relax............

Mark, Jeff, Louis, Tony, Bean, Junior and Diesel are the **** and what they claim is true.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 05:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GREDDY
Here's a qoute from turbotrix. This is for the unbelievables like Hooptie!

"We even had one member, EVOMIZ, who had his Evo tuned to ~350whp (No cams!) then went out to the track and ran a 12.3 @ 111mph the same night!".

Everyone who has the AEM have turned out some seriouse power, I am a firm believer.

EVO miz .. went 11.98 on exhaust, boost controler , aem , race gas. Im sure he will chime in on this thread. Stock clutch as well. We just put cams in his car yesteday , although the clutch was slipping he made 374 whp and 380 ft lbs... As far as stock evo's .. I've gotten 308whp on just the aem .. ( and boost controler ) ..

Mark
Turbotrix