Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Upgraded transfer case?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgraded transfer case?

Ok just wondering instead of buying an oem transfercase........is there any upgrades ones you can buy?
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:18 PM

and btw i did call shepracing.com and they told me that as of right now they have tried some things but nothing seems to be working so far........
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:31 PM

oh btw the reason they dealership gave me that its not covered under warranty is because it has lowering springs in it. awesome huh. hi 5!
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would ask them
1) how exactly does lowering springs affect the trancsfer case?
2) what evidence they have that springs were the cause of the failure of the transfer case?

don't just roll over and let them pound you like that...
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:32 PM

no he actually attempted to explain it to me....saying that since the car is lower the shocks take more abuse and so does the car. i called them like over 10 times the past 2 days. the car is basically stage 1 buschur. so its lightly modded........really pisses me off when my cousin who owns a 03 cobra with all the bolt ons has nothing to worry about cuz ford still covers his car. im getting it fixed and selling the car. f*ck mitsubishi....nice quality control....and best backed cars in the country, another laugh. stop selling cars and start doing stand up, youll make more money.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

They cant prove the springs had a direct affect on the transfer case. Theyre full of BS. Fight it.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eclipse176
no he actually attempted to explain it to me....saying that since the car is lower the shocks take more abuse and so does the car. i called them like over 10 times the past 2 days. the car is basically stage 1 buschur. so its lightly modded........really pisses me off when my cousin who owns a 03 cobra with all the bolt ons has nothing to worry about cuz ford still covers his car. im getting it fixed and selling the car. f*ck mitsubishi....nice quality control....and best backed cars in the country, another laugh. stop selling cars and start doing stand up, youll make more money.
I agree
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

But they can say your Buscher stage 1 has F*cked up the T-case , BTW mitsubishiparts.com sell them for $1727 shipped
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I would make them prove that the springs caused the falure. you need to read up on the laws. there's a specific law stating that if there is a part falure. a trained engineer has to look it over and say what cause the failure. Not some nit-wit tech who probably doesn't even know how to change the clutch in an evo. There not to many dealerships with train evo techs. I think it's call the Magnesson Moss Act. Not quite sure if I spelled it correct, but do a search on that. hope this helps.

-Chad-
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

You can get a stock GSR transfer case or you can go with a RS transfer case or a MR transfer case or a Quaife Transfer case. All depends on what you want to do. I believe the Quaife is warrantied under racing conditions.

As far as getting it under warranty. Did you cause the problem? Do you race? Is there any possability that it was your driving? If so i would say DONT EVEN TRY TO FIGHT IT!!! If you play you pay but if you did not do anything to cause the problem then yes they must prove that somthing on your car caused the problem and back it with proof. The only way i can see them proving somthing caused a TC problem is if you have a aftermarket clutch. Just my 0.02

Chris
Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Like he said, do a search for the Magnusson Moss Act. That's the correct spelling too.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ss+Act&spell=1

^^ There is a link for the search on google. Good luck.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:05 PM

ok it also has an act 2600
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

= you focked
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Well this is what they told me. I had the dealer install my clutch for me since they were fixing the tranny anyway. They said NP and didnt even charge me to do it. The problem was after they finished they told me ok now i just want to tell you that with that clutch you now have a limited drivetrain warranty. Which means that in our records we are going to show that we installed this clutch and if we can prove that the clutch causes any problems we will not cover the warranty. I was like well if you knew it would cause warranty issues for me why did you do the install?? Oh well next day i went in and took off my extended warranty

Chris
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

How did your t-case fail? Did you use the right oil?

Quick Reply: Upgraded transfer case?