Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Free Re-flash dyno day

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2004, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turbotrix!

For me, my tune at Turbotrix today was not about numbers, although they were very good. It was about customer service which was awesome. Mark took a lot of time to answer all of my questions and concerns. It was a very profesional operation geared toward educating the customer as well as making very good power. I came away very happy with the tune. More important, I came away more educated and I feel like I hade input in the tuning process. There is a reason that there are dozens of customer cars outside the shop waiting for work. These guys know tuning, business, and customer service. Thanks Turbotrix.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hell yea

couldn't have said it better

Originally Posted by gestalt
For me, my tune at Turbotrix today was not about numbers, although they were very good. It was about customer service which was awesome. Mark took a lot of time to answer all of my questions and concerns. It was a very profesional operation geared toward educating the customer as well as making very good power. I came away very happy with the tune. More important, I came away more educated and I feel like I hade input in the tuning process. There is a reason that there are dozens of customer cars outside the shop waiting for work. These guys know tuning, business, and customer service. Thanks Turbotrix.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

DId anyone know anything about an accident ....sorry to go OT but i heard an EVOny member was involved.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone else with results?
Old Sep 26, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daveyd
Anyone else with results?

12 HP and some # of tq (cant remember)

engine is electric motor smooth and was even left rich up top for the addition of an MBC.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 12:16 PM

I gained 31 hp and 23 lbft of tq. Very happy with the results and the custumer service was top notch. Thanks Turbo Trix.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 03:06 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi,

This thread will be closed if it does not stay on the original topic. Off topic includes comments about other vendors. The members are sick of it and we have and will continue to ban members who refuse to co-operate with us. Thanks.

Speedlimit...
Old Sep 26, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Are there any before and after dyno graphs?
Old Sep 26, 2004, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by needmorepower
I gained 31 hp and 23 lbft of tq. Very happy with the results and the custumer service was top notch. Thanks Turbo Trix.

Did you have a mail in Dynoflash and then get it custom tuned by TurboTrix? If so, I don't think that would be a good comparion.

Did the majority of the people who got custom tuned by Turbotrix have a mail in flash?

Also, I heard that TurboTrix usually tunes for a A/F ratio around 11.5-11.6. Isn't that a little too lean?
Old Sep 26, 2004, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
When comparing dyno results - the a/f ratio and smoothness of the curve are just as important as the power made. Power and saftey are trade offs and where you draw the line is very important to the smoothness, driveability and lingevity of your engine

hey the facts are: dyno flash tunes to a conversative rich 11.0 a/f, how you expect to make more power at 11.8 / 1 a/f, yes maybe but once you go on the road your going to knock like a woodpecker. They get big numbers but from what i've seen the curves look like Mountains. I'm just saying what I've observed over the last few months. Lets see some of your dynocharts from this weekend, curious to see the a/f ratios.

Just look for your selves, I'm just pointing something out.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Mine was a custom DYNOFLASH. I'll have the check the AFR but the hp / tq lines are smoother then my base pull.

On another note, I installed a boost guage (delfi) today and was going to do a HBC, after not being able to figure out how to jam my hands close enough to the wastegate etc without removing the fan etc ( not enough time). I took the car for a drive and I get 19.5 with a few spikes to 20.5ish pretty rock solid boost for a stock tune. Maybe I'll just wait on the MBC till I do a turbo back.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CleveBrownsFan
Also, I heard that TurboTrix usually tunes for a A/F ratio around 11.5-11.6. Isn't that a little too lean?
Not really. Furthermore, I can't for the life of me understand how people can say that X tune is safer than Y tune because the AFRs at full throttle are richer. There is more to it than that folks. Not only is ignition timing the biggest factor in what is "safe", partial throttle mis-mapping will also spell death for any engine. I've seen a lot of reflashes (no, not from turbotrix) that attempt to run ignition timing numbers 4-5 degrees past the point of MBT. It may get a strong one pull on the dyno, but on the street it feels inconsistent and always on the verge of knock--- regardless of how rich the logs on the dyno suggest.

My 2c,
shiv
Old Sep 26, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Curves like mountains. You should have seen the graphs on the baseline pulls. Everyone should stop being so freaking **** about afr. Let the experts tune the car (whoever they may be) and stop reading so much on the internet.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

its to bad that this bs has to become a pissing contest. turbo charged cars fluctuate power with air temp etc.etc. the shop that flashes your car is a personal choice .there really is not a need to try to destroy someones livelyhood. this whole thing is a joke.if it was in als forum it would have been locked in 2 seconds. hopefully this bs can stop soon.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Nobody has mentioned Al. Don't know what your reading.

Quick Reply: Free Re-flash dyno day