Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking for 114-116MPH traps what will it take? Newbie

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for 114-116MPH traps what will it take? Newbie

I just bought my 03 Silver Evo 8 up here in Connecticut, and im looking to get it modded pretty quickly but want to do it right. It is my understanding i have DynoFlash and Pruven just 30 minutes from house so i will have to look into them. Now with that being said i would like to take my bone stock EVO and get it into the 114-116mph Trap speed range what rwhp will this demand?. Can you help me out on what it will take me to get there? And where to get my best deals? I was looking at the Busher products and they seemed nice & effective but im open to all suggestions on what really works on the track. I will say this im not looking for the LOUD BOV sounds and looking to keep the exhaust noise leval within reason with no rice sound(Busher w/magnaflow?)

Anyways
Please let me know

Thanks
JB
Old Sep 15, 2004, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

A stage 1 vishnu kit will get you really close to that add a couple more parts and you should be able to make it. The stage 1 kit sells for just under 2500 bucks and includes full turbo back exhaust Xede chip and new cams should put your whp just above 300 and get your 1/4 mile times into mid 12's with trap speeds of around 110-114... there are other ways of doing it too but Vishnu does have a proven record around here for quality and reliable parts and service.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

272 cams...cam gears..utec or aem ems, full turbo back, around 21-25psi on race gas, stock or upgraded clutch depending on how good u drive, intake, upgraded bypass valve, ic pipes, head studs,
Old Sep 21, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Dynoflash and Pruven have been installing a LOT of our parts lately. If you are interested in using our parts (we have the two fastest stock turbo'd EVO's in the country right now running our parts) then you can order from us directly or feel free to contact Al or Dejan at Pruven and they can sell to you. They will sell to you at the same cost we will and can install the parts and tune the car there for you.

Our car with Stage 4 and the EMS on it ran 11.65 at 117.88 mph and a customer of ours with Stage 4, EMS and a sheetmetal intake (stock clutch still!) ran 11.59 at 120 mph at the shootout.

Getting the trap speeds you are looking for can be done with the flash and Stage 2 with just a fuel pump upgrade on top of that.

Take care,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Sep 21, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

quiet exhaust? get either fujitsubo or APS for a quiet performer.. and AMS exhaust being 3rd.. i like the AMS sound the best, but APS is definitely quieter... and still with very good flow. i know of one evo that ran 11.7@118 (fimotorsport) with that exhaust and just good safc2 tuning + 272's and AMS front mount... and for the BOV.. go with a Forge DV or crushed 1G BOV.. and just do a K&N drop in filter.. that way it won't be loud..