Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

11psi... WTF??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVILLUSION, sounds like you are installing instead of a "T" on the BOV line, you have it from the compresor to the selenoid. I have this same setup. Everyone here has told me to bypass the selenoid and "T" the BOV. I think by doing this it will stop the Taper to 16-17psi, because the computer isn't in control anymore it will hold at desired psi.

Now my question is , if the selenoid stays connected is it safer, because, by removing the selenoid all the ECU saftey features are gone.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**Porblem solved**

OK...just so everyone knows, I fixed the problem a while back. The restrictor pill between the compressor housing (lower IC pipe) and the wastegate was missing. First, I installed a MBC straight from the compressor-through the MBC-then to the wastegate...completely eliminating the factory boost control solenoid and all pills. This solved the problem. I could boost all the way to around 25psi with this setup.

Shortly after, I replaced the entire vac line assembly with parts from the dealer. 3 vac lines, 2 pills, 1 "T" junction...all preassembled. Again, the car boosts fine.

I actually noticed ZERO difference in spoolup, power, anything from factory to MBC set to 20psi. I put the factory lines back on (with both pills) because I have ordered an Exede and it needs the pills.