Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dual Fuel Pump System!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Do you have any more details on this setup? Im looking for somthing to support 700+HP.

Thanx
Chris
They have come up with a way to stuff the cosmo pump into the stock fuel tank. They have made over 600 wheel HP on this pump without the use of N2O.

Keith
Old Sep 19, 2004, 06:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by woobos
Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a dual in-tank fuel pump system for the evo??? Turbotrix has it in their car but its custom made and they are not mass producing it. AMS said they'll probably release it in 2-3 weeks.

Ben

I know who makes one .. PM me for details .

mark
turbotrix
Old Sep 19, 2004, 10:48 PM
Former Sponsor

We've dynod over 600 whp with 2 cars with non-rewired drop in 255 lph walbro pumps. Unless you plan on making that much or more, I would spend the money elsewhere. Ill tell Martin to post up here and give you guys an update on the fuel system.

I wish we could release stuff faster but, its hard to do R&D, fabrication, sales, and service all at once. Plus we make sure each product is as perfect as possible before we start selling it to you guys. That keeps the fitment and performance issues to a minimum. We want every product we make to be one of the best available.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:55 AM

Here is a really good link on how to select the right fuel pump: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fue...t_2/index.html lots of good stuff there. as for doing dual fuel pumps I know that supra guys have been doing it for years but man it seems silly. Ohm's law V=IR in your gas tank the object of resistance is the fuel pump. When you put in a second fuel pump you end up with 2 objects w/ the same resistance running in a parallel circuit. The end result of that little wiring job that seems so simple is that the resistance stays the same yet now each pump is getting half the current it is supposed to to work properly. Yes you will end up w/ fuel getting to the injector but it is no where near as efficiant as running one larger pump.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:40 PM
Former Sponsor

We are doing our first Dual pump AN fuel system on a customers car today. We are using it as the test vehicle to make sure the parts in the kit fit perfectly. Weve already made some changes over our original design from our shop car. We'll keep you guys posted on a release date, price, and details of the kit.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Remember my idea from earlier in this thread? Download the "Tuner Transformations" vid and you will see that Shiv has made this exact setup I was talking about!

How much for that setup if you sell it as a kit Shiv?

Keith