Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car Vandalized

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:29 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
what would be a good pager alarm? does clifford/viper have it?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a two-way (pager) alarm and 2 sets of wheel locks.

IF YOU LIVE IN AN APPARTMENT OR WORK IN A BIG BUIDLING GET A 2-WAY ALARM!!!!!

If you can't hear your alarm assume the worst. It happens. I just figure if I take a couple steps to prevent it I will not have to deal with the casual theif. A pro will take what they want. But a punk won't bother with a car with a 2-way alarm and 2 sets of wheel locks.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Crime Guard 850 i4 with a 2-way from omega. $500 installed set up. They didn't hook up the remote start due to the manual trany and it doesn't have a turbo timer function like the viper. I am VERY happy with the CG 850 i4.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my **** got broken into last night. they took the wheels, stock stereo, and steering column cover with my boost gauge on it. ****, they even took my tail lights.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Damn sorry to hear that bro. God what I wouldn't do to catch one of these punks in the act. The a** whooping that would take place would be biblical.

Shane
Old Sep 29, 2004, 10:26 AM

Damn, so are Evos in danger of being robbed? Just got mine last week, hate for anything to happen to it.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Do you guys who got your cars broken into have alarms on your cars or are you still using the factory keyless entry only?

I figure you can at least deter the amateur car thieves with an alarm. The pros will get your car if they really want it.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

This sounds like it's becoming an epidemic. The majority of theives look for convenience. If messing with a car seems like too much of a hassle, they'll move on to the next one.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

where do you live that would allow someone to take your stuff right in the open?
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

I have never had any trouble. I live in an apartment and work in a muti tennant building. My car is always i a big parking lot outside and I havn't had any trouble with people messing with it.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Cajun Power
I have never had any trouble. I live in an apartment and work in a muti tennant building. My car is always i a big parking lot outside and I havn't had any trouble with people messing with it.
That's what I said, before it really happened.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Do like my friend did with his truck....buy the silent page alarm, have the alert off on the car (thieves don't know alarm is going off but you do.), as alarm is triggered grab your baseball bat and slowly creep outside to see the two guys trying to jack your rims. Crack the first in the back of the head disabling him then move after victim number two. What are they going to do? Call the cops! "I was stealing this guys wheels when he hit me with a bat."
Old Sep 29, 2004, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evotoo
my **** got broken into last night. they took the wheels, stock stereo, and steering column cover with my boost gauge on it. ****, they even took my tail lights.
Damn that sucks to hear to a fellow evo member. I hope everything turns out for you with your insurance.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOL 8
Do like my friend did with his truck....buy the silent page alarm, have the alert off on the car (thieves don't know alarm is going off but you do.), as alarm is triggered grab your baseball bat and slowly creep outside to see the two guys trying to jack your rims. Crack the first in the back of the head disabling him then move after victim number two. What are they going to do? Call the cops! "I was stealing this guys wheels when he hit me with a bat."
that sounds like a good idea but sometimes those fockers are armed.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, keep in mind you are approaching a criminal so you have to be prepared for what they can be capable of. As hard as it may be, you have to remind yourself it's just a car and it should not be worth sacrificing your life/safety to protect it.

Quick Reply: Car Vandalized