Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Would you sign a petition asking Mitsu to fix or warranty our tranny/clutch??
Of Course!! They should stand behind their product
82.89%
No...the tranny & clutch are fine
17.11%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

How would you guys feel about making Mitsubishi take some responsibly?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my car is one year old, everything on it is as good on it as the day i got it and my dealer has been the best.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im glad to hear that people have had positive expericences with Mitsu also...I guess they don't post about that huh? What happened to those people in the Did mitsu screw up the clucth poll? I'm confused...
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Now everybody is happy with Mitsubishi?????
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
Now everybody is happy with Mitsubishi?????
I just havent had any problems with mine and I'm at 20k miles
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

No clutch issues? Your tranny doesn't grind ever???
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

That's great man...ur lucky. Or maybe I just have bad luck! LOL
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

I'm at 16k and only had a factory defect in my camshafts back at 400 miles since then haven't had any issues.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:38 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

No clutch issues? Your tranny doesn't grind ever???
You think everybody has problems because you did? I replaced my stock clutch after a few thousand miles. Not because it was bad but because I didn't like it and wanted something more reliable. It never slipped on me. I have never grinded in any gear either. I've missed 2nd once at the track, but that's it. I have rattles. The drivetrain is incredibly noisey. It's all part of owning the car and things I was aware of before purchasing.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

What was wrong with them? Was there any engine failure?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

UFO...I am not the only person who has clutch/tranny related issues, I am positve of that (I don't know where those poeple are right now,LOL) ...NeWay...u didnt give ur clutch a chance to slip b/c u said u changed it right away. Not everybody who drives an Evo has that luxury of doing that because clutches are not cheap my friend. Yes I do agree that an aftermarket clutch for the most part fixes things but how many other 30K+ cars do you get a clutch that lasts under 10K?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

I personally did get my 1st clutch warrantied, and then choose later to have it upgraded wit an ACT/Fidanza seup...it does feel a million times better...but why should I have to do that???
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:54 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

UFO...I am not the only person who has clutch/tranny related issues, I am positve of that (I don't know where those poeple are right now,LOL) ...NeWay...u didnt give ur clutch a chance to slip b/c u said u changed it right away. Not everybody who drives an Evo has that luxury of doing that because clutches are not cheap my friend. Yes I do agree that an aftermarket clutch for the most part fixes things but how many other 30K+ cars do you get a clutch that lasts under 10K?
You're missing my point. You're getting pissy because nobody is replying to a post you created 2 hours ago about sickly Evos. There are plenty of people who haven't had problems and it will take some time for those who have had problems to surface. As for my clutch: it could still be fine today. Who's to know for sure? There are people on here with 20K+ on the stock clutch. Mitsu are far from perfect when it comes to warranties and such, and my previous comment still holds true in that going to the press about it will merely result in a 'we know' reply. Of course, it doesn't hurt to try and I wish you luck.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Nobody is getting pissy first of all, Secondly...u really don't think it would help?? What do you think we shoud do?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:09 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Nobody is getting pissy first of all, Secondly...u really don't think it would help?? What do you think we shoud do?
No, I don't think it will help. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though . Seriously, I don't think any more bad publicity will hurt Mitsu in any way, nor will it make them sit up and take notice. They've had so much bad publicity recently that a little more won't hurt them. Of course, I'm just a bumbling idiot and might be way off base. As for what I think you should do. I have no idea. A lot of people who complain do not drive stock Evos so they don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to warranty unless they take the legal route, which is costly. Maybe a class action suit against Mitsu? I dunno man to be honest.

I'll shut up now . Carry on getting people to sign up and go for it. At the end of the day, doing something is better than doing nothing at all .
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HoLeeRay
I'll sign anyways, just in case for when I get mine and this helps
Not to pick on you in general for the above post, but Didn't Evom have a pettition to
to bring the evo's here? Might this not seem somewhat contradictory?

You don't have an evo.... so I'm guessing you've had no issues, Is it or your local dealer. Talk about taking isht for granted. The evo is as trick a custom built racecar that you can possibly mass produce for 30k and legally sell in the US. There is some responsiblity and understanding that the buyer must accept, if this is the car they want. Besides it sounds like only a few dealers are being ******, when you buy it ask about mods, warrenty service etc. Don't like the answer, leave.

Anyway I already got mine.... pettition to make more reliable cars like the galant and lancer es. and keep the evo in Japan.

A more useful aproach would be to somehow document good dealers from bad (publically on this forum) and reward them with our business/ shun the crappy ones.

Last edited by wingless; Sep 27, 2004 at 11:16 AM. Reason: horrible grammer

Quick Reply: How would you guys feel about making Mitsubishi take some responsibly?