Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Would you sign a petition asking Mitsu to fix or warranty our tranny/clutch??
Of Course!! They should stand behind their product
82.89%
No...the tranny & clutch are fine
17.11%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

How would you guys feel about making Mitsubishi take some responsibly?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:18 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wingless
A more useful aproach would be to somehow document good dealers from bad (publically on this forum) and reward them with our business/ shun the crappy ones.
That sounds like a good idea on the surface. However, although the dealership may decide to provide warranty work they are not guarenteed payment for said work from Mitsu. If the bigwigs at Mitsu discovered that a certain dealership was mod friendly then they would start to look closer at their warranty work and deny it. That would leave the dealership to cover the cost and would lead to a situation where they would have to confer with their regional rep before they did any work. By making the dealerships public it would probably hurt the community, and the dealership, more.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Listen man, I appreciate you voicing your opnion either way. Maybe I'm wasting my time, maybe not. Either way I just don't want this post to get lost and nothing ever come of it. Like you said all we can do is try right?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

wingless.....the dealerships have no control over what the distric reps tell them to do. Those guys make decsions, a dealer can choose to omit details to the rep (like being modded) but that is really not the issue. The issue is that a car that is touted by mitsubishi as being able to do 0-60 in 4.49 or something or that in it's brochure saying "go forth and modify" should back up there cars....after all they are the "best-backed cars on the planet"right??
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO
That sounds like a good idea on the surface. However, although the dealership may decide to provide warranty work they are not guarenteed payment for said work from Mitsu. If the bigwigs at Mitsu discovered that a certain dealership was mod friendly then they would start to look closer at their warranty work and deny it. That would leave the dealership to cover the cost and would lead to a situation where they would have to confer with their regional rep before they did any work. By making the dealerships public it would probably hurt the community, and the dealership, more.
I guess I'm thinking that there's a certain degree off autonomy in each reigion and individual service dept. as the official word from mitsu allows for mods as long as they are not responsible for the warrenty claim (front page Evom). This makes sense and is legally within bounds. I hate owners who refuse to take responsibilty for there own isht as much as the dealers. I think it will always be difficult to figure out who's who.

NYREDEVO, My fear is that if it becomes (more) expensive and more of a pain in the *** to to sell and service evos in the US they might stop. I know sounds paranoid, but isn't that the reason we didn't have evo's for so long?

Finally just becuase you can afford to finance or buy one... beware, these are expensive toys!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

In all fairness, I agree 100% about them being expensive toys and you should know what your getting into...but in the same respect don't you think they should stand behind there work? In regards to why they didnt sell them here before, they kinda already did -It was called an Eclipse GSX. I think it would have hurt their sales to have 2 cars with the same power plants...
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
wingless.....the dealerships have no control over what the distric reps tell them to do. Those guys make decsions, a dealer can choose to omit details to the rep (like being modded) but that is really not the issue. The issue is that a car that is touted by mitsubishi as being able to do 0-60 in 4.49 or something or that in it's brochure saying "go forth and modify" should back up there cars....after all they are the "best-backed cars on the planet"right??
yeah whats up with the go forth and modify what it sounds like to me...ok buy the car and...MOD IT. and have a fat asian kid stand infront of your car
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

I dont belive them sharing power plants is the reason they didn't sell both. Its probly more because they serve the same niche market
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am in. I have a long thread about Mitsu, synchros and us.... I think when we say media it should be TV media like news at 9 or something
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Belive me, I have quite a few media outlets for this petition if they choose to ignore it
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Id sign it no problem
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
OK. good points. I read an article saying the former CEO of hyundai just took over at Mitsu (I'm not sure north America or global)... the 100K warrenty for 04 was his baby- suposedly did great things for hyundai.

IMO, good luck with 2 liters, 20lbs of boost, AWD and 3+k of car! But I still wanted one! LOL

Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Another small insight might be the district managers opinion of his or her district. I'm jealous of the hotbeds of tuning and racing (socal) comes to mind where a rep might become overly suspicious of warrenty claims.

I might actually luck out here in Boston where it's a good drive to the track or local go fast store and the reps havn't seen a lot of abuse yet.... -100% pure conjecture.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Hey i figured out how to make a poll!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

So what u think Wingless?? You think we have a shot?
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

My tranny needs to be rebuilt for the 3rd time. Im very upset...but just the same, I dont want to let them work on it again.

Quick Reply: How would you guys feel about making Mitsubishi take some responsibly?