Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Would you sign a petition asking Mitsu to fix or warranty our tranny/clutch??
Of Course!! They should stand behind their product
82.89%
No...the tranny & clutch are fine
17.11%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

How would you guys feel about making Mitsubishi take some responsibly?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would you guys feel about making Mitsubishi take some responsibly?

Hi guys, it seems to me that Mitsubishi has a long-standing record of taking their customers for granted. This has already been proven by the arrest of their former Japanese president and handful of underlings. The majority of us have experienced Mitsubishi’s general lack of interest in servicing our cars, being quick to deny any claims and being quick to blame the driver-saying that it is our fault. Well I m personally sick of it! I think that there are enough of us on this website that have VALID complaints about our car that should be addressed by the manufacturer. The clutch and the transmission are obviously not strong enough for the power the car produces, or they are badly designed, whatever the reason…. this should be fixed! It should not be left up to us to figure out what the problem is or how to correct it! We bought Mitsubishi’s FLAGSHIP car!! What does that say about the rest of their line??? For a company that is teetering on the edge of financial stability, relying heavily on Chrysler for funding, screwing it’s current customers is no way to build a favorable reputation. Word of mouth about the Evo is how most people know about the Evo and if people are hearing that the car falls apart, nobody is going to buy it! Not for nothing if you spend 30,000+ on your car you expect it to work! Aside from my ranting the reason I put this post up is I want to know if you guys would support a petition to Mitsubishi stating that we want them to take responsibility for their vehicles, and they need to address our issues. I also want it to say that we will not make a big deal about this because regardless of everything, I LOVE MY CAR! I JUST WANT IT TO WORK! The game plan is to tell them we want these issue resolved or we are going to go to the media. That’s it. Plain and simple. I think that the majority of the people who bought a Evo know about this site and would be willing to sign it, so I just want some feedback…Would you guys support it? Anything I should add?? I want people to be happy with their cars and not get milked every time something breaks!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Are you saying that you would be heading this up and getting detailed and up to date information regarding the progress of such a patition?

If so then I would be up for putting my name down.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Yep
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

i'll sign
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:18 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Going to the the media will do nothing. The media have already reported on the denial of warranty by Mitsu and also reported the fact that Mitsu hide defects instead of issuing recalls. They are certainly not scared of the media in that respect.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

I thought the evo was Mitsu's Marque car. I've heard just as many horror stories about dealership experiences when it comes to other brands. Personally, my mother had a Lexus LS430 which IS their flagship car and they kept botching repairs and maintnence. On the other end of the spectrum, I've heard people exclaim about the excellent experiences they've had with Mitsu. I see so many people mod their cars to hell and racing them and then expecting Mitsu to pick up the tab. So although your question is valid, maybe you should be also be asking, "So how would you guys feel about making the customers take some resposibility?" The Evo is a high maintenence car and buyers of the car should expect to pay for maint/repair beyond the original purchase investment of the car. BTW, they're not relying on Chrysler anymore and I doubt the majority of Evo owners know about this site.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

I will write it up, let everyone look at it, take suggestions and change it, etc. I will need help from the forum but I am willing to do everything I can to help us make our cars work right...i didnt sign 5 years of my life away for an over priced paper weight!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Im not claiming we shouldn't be resposible either but if you owned a Evo u would know what this is about
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, that's probably it.. i'm very bitter about not having one yet, haha.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

if trade-in value wasn't such ***, i would have gotten rid of my evo long ago.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:29 AM

I have had nothing but premium support from the service folks from Don Williamson Mitsubishi in Jacksonville, NC. The service manager and lead mechanic there, Mike and Kevin, exemplify customer service to the highest level. They have taken care of all my warranty issues for my Evo in a prompt, professional manner. I'm very pleased, but it appears I'm in the minority here.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Lol, this thing would not be to bash Mitsu, that is in NO WAY the purpose, It's just to help those people who don't beat on their car and their clutches are gone, after 5000 miles or those people whos syncros bash into each other no matter what ur doing...If you think its ok for Mitsu to screw you out of 30,000 dollars then don't sign!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

I'll sign anyways, just in case for when I get mine and this helps
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Im sure there are a few good dealers out there but they don't have any control over whether or not my tranny fails, or my clutch goes -no matter how nice they are they will still take 1500 of your money to replace it
Old Sep 27, 2004, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

how much is a new tranny?

Quick Reply: How would you guys feel about making Mitsubishi take some responsibly?