Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A Message to All EI Customers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2002, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
senior info, that sure sounds like a runaround. poor celm.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 02:52 PM

Delay

You also have to consider the Longshoreman's lock-out for 10 days and all the west coast ports are back logged for 6 Weeks. So the people that run the ports won't let the boats with the cars go through until the mess is cleared out, which is should be pretty soon. Celm- make sure you leave milk and cookies for Santa Claus over the fireplace this Chrismas.

Kind Regards,
Old Nov 14, 2002, 03:04 PM
Account Disabled

Say what ever you want.i know what car ill be driving for the new year,and ill be laughing at ever OZ,WRX ,civic,etc.. that i pass by
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Celm
Say what ever you want.i know what car ill be driving for the new year,and ill be laughing at ever OZ,WRX ,civic,etc.. that i pass by
It's far more likely that USDM EVO VIIIs will be blowing the doors off of whatever you're currently driving before you get your EVO VII. I see you're already slipping your delivery date from the "next month" of your previous post in this thread to "the new year." I'm guessing your EVO didn't sail out of Amsterdam on Nov 12, did it. And you may, possibly, have your car by the new year, but that year may not be 2003. [don-swami-hat]The Amazing Karnac predicts your EVO will not leave Europe before the NHTSA issues a decision notice for the G&K EVO petition.[/don-swami-hat]

It's good to see you're maintaining a brave face, despite the evidence.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let's play a game and assume the G&K EVO VII petition follows the same timeline as that MB petition described above and also assume that it took G&K 4 weeks to prepare its petition. Then the projected EVO petition timeline would look like this:
July 29, 2002 - EVOs arrive at G&K
Aug 26, 2002 - Petition mailed to NHTSA
Dec 16, 2002 - Petition receipt announced in Federal Register
Jun 30, 2003 - NHTSA announces decision

That was fun. Let's try that again, this time with a Ferrari petition whose decision was announced last week on Nov 6, 2002. The decision announcement can be read here and its docket is here. Briefly, this Ferrari petition's timeline was:
May 30, 2001 - J&K mails Ferrari petition
Sep 24, 2001 - Petition receipt announced in Federal Register
Nov 06, 2002 - NHTSA announces decision

So, the projected EVO petition timeline based on the Ferrari petition would look like this:
July 29, 2002 - EVOs arrive at G&K
Aug 26, 2002 - Petition mailed to NHTSA
Dec 20, 2002 - Petition receipt announced in Federal Register
Feb 02, 2004 - NHTSA announces decision
So what happens to the cars when they are making there decision??? Do they just sit there for a year(s)?? Or do they actually get released and driven till a decision is made??

BTW. I already have my insurance and tag for mine "EVO VII"
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by Seņor Info
[B]When will your EVO leave Europe? BTW, has anyone else noticed a pattern in Celm's posts?
Gee. Anyone notice a pattern to Seņor Info's posts? Almost every single one has been to cast a shadow over importation of evolutions.

At the start of this post I was really grateful to Mr. Info for the great links about importation and dockets and such, all of which cast a very revealing light on what the government says must go into importation. It seemed as though Mr. Info was trying to open up the "black box" of auto importation for all of us, with special consideration to the evolution.

But lately, all the non-partial information has turned into cutting remarks to current EI customers, and condescending comments about the website and EI in general.

I am really curious what your hand is in this. I mean, are you a competing importer? Is EI cramping your style in some way?

Most people come on this board to talk about the cars they love and find more information about them, what are you here for Mr. Info? A FUD campaign against an importer?