Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bird droppings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2004, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bird droppings

Hey I have some really nasty bird droppings all over my hood . I cleaned the car but I still have the dried acid marks on my hood. The sh*t was only on there for maybe 1-2 hours, before I cleaned the car. If anyone has ever had this problem and knows what to do PLEASE help! I hate looking at my car and seeing that! Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2004, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I came back from the mall and saw literally a whole flock of birds on my car. there was so much **** even my antannae was covered. I just took a high pressure hose and hosed it off then waxed it.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

those sh_t are acidic ... try waxing it.... hope it might help
Old Oct 4, 2004, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jovani
Hey I have some really nasty bird droppings all over my hood . I cleaned the car but I still have the dried acid marks on my hood. The sh*t was only on there for maybe 1-2 hours, before I cleaned the car. If anyone has ever had this problem and knows what to do PLEASE help! I hate looking at my car and seeing that! Thanks
I left some bird sh*t on my trunk lid for about 4 days. When I cleaned it off with wax and scratch remover it looked like acid marks. I had to take it to a body shop and have the entire trunk lid buffed out. Cost me about 20$.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

I just had this problem last week, and you need to get some Turtle was rubbing compound. My car was white with about 100 spots on it. I tried everything to get it off, and this took it off in no time. Left my car incredibly smooth as well. I would definetely put a coat of wax on after using the rubbing compound. Hope that helps,
kyle
Old Oct 4, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Just be careful with heavy cutting compounds, especially if you have a dark colored car! I would try using a clay bar before using compounds. If the sh@t was only on your car for a couple of hours, then it wouldn't have eaten through the clear that much. If you have to use a comound, use a polish after that.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah Mitsu paint sucks. I got a couple acid stains from bird s hit. I had bird **** on the Civic Si and never got acid stains but the evo got some.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input guys ill try out the clay bar. I dont really wanna use any kind of compound yet. Ill save the compound for my last resort. I have a white evo. Im gonna put some Zymol on it tomorrow morning. Hopefully that'll take it off.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:58 PM
Account Disabled

ive left bird sht on my evo for a couple days and had the same acid marks, but i the "wax" i use, liquid glass, took it right out.... actually the reason i put wax in "'s was because its not technically a wax, its a polyurethne (sp?) coating.... makes ur car look hella nice, downside is, its 20 bucks a can, lol... o well, liquid glass = awesome.

if anyone here gets it, u can not, i repeat, can NOT swirl it on like regular wax, its wipe on in a straight line, and dry off however u feel like... DO NOT SWIRL
Old Oct 4, 2004, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

I have gotten bird **** on my CF wing tried waxing it...it didnt come off ...now i have these little scuffs blotch on my wing...i hate it...i have even tried waxing it multiple times...but still it doesnt come off