Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

First Day as an EVO Owner

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Day as an EVO Owner

Actually, it's just been a few hours, but I am very impressed. Picked up my new '04 EVO RS from the dealer this afternoon. Lots of power that seems to really start to come on at about 4000 rpm. Unfortunately, I have to get thru the 1000 mile break in, not going over 5000 rpm, so the real fun starts after that (of course I am not all that religous about break in periods).

What surprises me is how great it handles, right out of the box. For a fairly tall 4 door sedan that does not have as low a center of gravity as my (now gone) 350Z, it corners flat as a pancake. I can't imagine how this car would handle with a properly sorted out aftermarket coil over set up and beefier sway bars. I was out carving up canyons in Palos Verdes. What a hoot!

The steering is incredibly precise. It responds perfectly to every little input. The feel of the brake pedal is great. No softness at all. If you want to stop, stab the pedal hard.

I thought no one would know what it was, especially without the big wing from the VIII. But the first time I stopped for gas, a guy in a nicely modded '04 Audi A4 with very expensive looking wheels fell all over himself about my RS.

All in all an amazing car for the money. So far no complaints, but I do have to install a radio.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

ejoy the car. i love mine better everyday
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

So you went through with it then.

I'm posting on my bro's acc. This is 3 FIFTY Z posting from 350zmotoring.com

Glad to see you got it. For a track car, you'll be a hell of a lot more impressed with this than the Z. And modding will be so much better, more power, easier, less $ to drop. More possibilities all together.

Hey if you need anything about the EVO, drop me a PM on 350zmotoring.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

I can't send you a PM at 350zmotoring because I am banned. My home computer and my office network IP addresses are banned too. I can't get on there at all, and frankly, I don't want to. I will not bring the stupid dispute that caused the banning here, because everyone here seems cool and I want to forget about the bozos over there. Suffice it to say that I was right and the moderator was wrong. I am still welcome at my350z and 350z-tech. Do you go to either of those boards?
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

welcome on board !!!
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

congrats! welcome to the forum
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

ahhh yes,i remember my first evo days,just like it was yesterday .have fun with your new evo
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard 350z
I can't send you a PM at 350zmotoring because I am banned. My home computer and my office network IP addresses are banned too. I can't get on there at all, and frankly, I don't want to. I will not bring the stupid dispute that caused the banning here, because everyone here seems cool and I want to forget about the bozos over there. Suffice it to say that I was right and the moderator was wrong. I am still welcome at my350z and 350z-tech. Do you go to either of those boards?
You can't tease a story like that and not tell us about it. Congratulations on the RS.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's about time you came aboard! Congrats and enjoy your EVO! The steering response is one of the things I like most about my EVO.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its the tires!!!

hehe, j/k....great purchase man. I look forward to see what you do with the car
Old Oct 5, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats and welcome to EvoM!
Old Oct 5, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

I remember the day i got mine, i kept waking up during the night and hauling bookum to the garage to make sure it was actually there and real. HAHA. You've got some great fun ahead of you and welcome to the fam.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Willie Dyanmite -

OK, since you asked -- I used to have a lot of fun at 350zmotoring with a few different alter egos. I like to take outrageous positions just to get a reaction from peeps. So, some other member goes on there and posts some really ugly racist and sexist remarks under a different screen name. Members and moderators start accusing me. I am not that kind of person and did not make those posts. There was a huge fight over this. They banned me, unfairly. I came back under a new name. Eventually, they figured out it was me and banned me again and my IP address at work, but not my stand alone PC address. So I came back under a very clever (they won't figure out its me) screen name and played it cool for months. Nobody knew.

Then I totalled my 350Z. When I posted that I was selling the performance mods, it became obvious that it was me again. The one member who kept falsely accusing me of those ugly posts managed to get his hands on some pics of me at the racetrack, looking at the wreck of my Z. He posted them and made some nasty remarks about my driving skills. Well, you just don't hit a fellow member when he is down. It so happens that I am a lawyer, and he is trying to become a lawyer in the same state. He topped it all off by accusing me of those ugly posts again. Then a moderator posted that they figured out who made the ugly posts and it wasn't me. I demanded an apology from the lawyer wannabe, and threatened him just a little (said I might write a letter to state bar that he should not be licensed because he has continually defamed my character falsely on a public bulletin board -- acts of "moral turpitude" that will prevent you from becoming licensed -- of course I never wrote any such letter). Even though I was vindicated of the original accusation, they banned me instead of him. He has some clout there; I think he is connected with a sponsor, but I'm not sure.

This has nothing to do with my EVO RS, which I love. I will stay out of controversy here.

Last edited by Richard 350z; Oct 5, 2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard 350z
Willie Dyanmite -

OK, since you asked -- I used to have a lot of fun at 350zmotoring with a few different alter egos. I like to take outrageous positions just to get a reaction from peeps. So, some other member goes on there and posts some really ugly racist and sexist remarks under a different screen name. Members and moderators start accusing me. I am not that kind of person and did not make those posts. There was a huge fight over this. They banned me, unfairly. I came back under a new name. Eventually, they figured out it was me and banned me again and my IP address at work, but not my stand alone PC address. So I came back under a very clever (they won't figure out its me) screen name and played it cool for months. Nobody knew.

Then I totalled my 350Z. When I posted that I was selling the performance mods, it became obvious that it was me again. The one member who kept falsely accusing me of those ugly posts managed to get his hands on some pics of me at the racetrack, looking at the wreck of my Z. He posted them and made some nasty remarks about my driving skills. Well, you just don't hit a fellow member when he is down. It so happens that I am a lawyer, and he is trying to become a lawyer in the same state. He topped it all off by accusing me of those ugly posts again. Then a moderator posted that they figured out who made the ugly posts and it wasn't me. I demanded an apology from the lawyer wannabe, and threatened him just a little (write a letter to state bar that he should not be licensed because he has continually defamed my character falsely on a public bulletin board -- acts of "moral turpitude" that will prevent you from becoming licensed). Even though I was vindicated of the original accusation, they banned me instead of him. He has some clout there; I think he is connected with a sponsor, but I'm not sure.

This has nothing to do with my EVO RS, which I love. I will stay out of controversy here.
What is the screen name of this "nemesis" of yours? Maybe some of us EVOM guys could pool together and register over there to give him a bad day?

Cabo
Old Oct 5, 2004, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

also dont break too hard, as braking needs abit of time to brake in..... also i would change the oil at 2k miles incase break-in created lots of metal flakes