Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo got hit and the guy gave me false info---HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too much bad advice here...First step is to contact the insurance company, last step is to sue in small claims. Collecting from small claims is very difficult, the court will not garnish his wages or put a lein on his home or anything like that. I dont know where that came from but that is totally incorrect, what mashout mentioned refers only to normal lawsuits and not small claims suits...Contact your insurance company, I cannot stress that part enough
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I went to the courthouse today and picked up the small claims packet today. It cost me $1. I'm going to read the packet and then file. The court fee is $255. There's also a $20 fee to have a sheriff to issue him the summons. Then there will be a pretrail, followed by a trial. If I win I can recoop the courthouse fees as well.

They also told me that I have to provide 3 copies of everything I'm filing in court. One copy for the courts, one for the defendant and one for me. This won't be a problem because I've got a nice HP 4-in-1 and Sony digi-cam, but kinda sucks because I have to buy more photopaper.

Right after the trail is over, I'll get the car fixed. I'll be taking it to GulfCoast Collision. They are a very good shop. They are I-car certified and also the only Aston Martin certified collision center. They wrote an estimate today for $3,400. But atleast I know the car will look good as new.

Tomorrow I'll post pics of the damage after I wash the car.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Angry

Here's the pics of the damage to my car. You can see were the rearview mirror does not match up with the pillar. Looks like I'll be needing a new door.
Attached Thumbnails My Evo got hit and the guy gave me false info---HELP!-ygp9c25.jpg   My Evo got hit and the guy gave me false info---HELP!-ygp9c28.jpg   My Evo got hit and the guy gave me false info---HELP!-ygp9c2a.jpg   My Evo got hit and the guy gave me false info---HELP!-ygp9c24.jpg  
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

man that really sucks, sorry to hear what happened, and good luck in court
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

wow.. raunchy... hope you get everything you deserve man.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by macca20042
if i were you i would go to his house since you know his address and pay his car a visit with a trusty bit of pipe or a crowbar and do the same amount of damage he did to your car!
LMAO
Old Oct 18, 2004, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Try to get video from the gas station and figure out the license plate, gas stations do have cameras...