Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wow, can't believe Mitsu said this....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
City Mitsu sucks. End of story.

I nearly fainted when I saw the price they wanted for an RS. YEAH.... Nearly 10K above msrp.... YEAH....

The one at Orange Park actually liked my Lancer w/ evo seats, intake and strut bar. They didn't blame my tranny shift flare (auto) on them... Very cool people.

The others... *****.

Dude, fight the system.

Daniel
Old Oct 13, 2004, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not factory, but I had an aftermarket warranty on my last car. It specifically stated that if I changed the size of the wheels or tires, length or width, then that would void the warranty.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 04:24 AM
Evolving Member

Don't believe those dealer mark-up stickers on the window. They are for suckers. I got my '04 RS last week for $300 over invoice ($1,300 discount from MSRP). The dealers just put those big mark-up stickers on, hoping to find a moron who just fell off a turnip truck.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

still curious over here about the getting money back from giving the warranty back..
Old Oct 13, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

is trying to save as much money as they can right now and hope that we still buy their specialty car. Not everyone will mod their cars right away so voiding warranties are not an issue for those folks . Maybe once they get back on their feet they will relax a bit on all this BS with light modifications.

Besides with an MR. Its fast enough right? Faster than a Lotus Elise and a hair slower than a lamborghini.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard 350z
Don't believe those dealer mark-up stickers on the window. They are for suckers. I got my '04 RS last week for $300 over invoice ($1,300 discount from MSRP). The dealers just put those big mark-up stickers on, hoping to find a moron who just fell off a turnip truck.
HAHAHA This is soo true.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gave up on mitsu long long time ago. I will never buy a car from a company that cant respect there customrers. I love the car but this is my first and last mitsu.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

my dealer installed my exhaust and thinks all the things I'm doing to the car are cool... but I have worked with them along the way and they have an understanding now that I'm not hurting the car... it's all about building a service relationship with them. I can change my own oil but I have them do it so I can spend the time shooting the **** with the service people... They like my continued business so they are hooking me up in return.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redevo8driver
can we do that? i've never heard of this..but that would be straight..how much money did u get back if u weren't joking..i have 9000 miles how much money would i be able to get back? f the warranty..i'll put that money towards mods
I bought the extended warranty when i bought the car "dont know why!" So i took it down and cancelled it. Got $3K off the loan and i had around the same 9K miles.

Chris
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
I bought the extended warranty when i bought the car "dont know why!" So i took it down and cancelled it. Got $3K off the loan and i had around the same 9K miles.

Chris
extended warranty? was that specifically through ur dealer? this isn't just our normal warranty huh? that's a big dissappointment.. ..i dont know many people who have this "extended warranty" how much did it cost at the time and what did it consist of?
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I could believe it.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Never buy those extended warranties offered by the dealer when you buy a new car, even if it's a car that does not have a warranty-voiding risk like the EVO appears to have. Extended warranties are just big profit items for the dealer. Just take your chances and you will probably be better off.

What did the extended warranty cover anyway -- doesn't the Mitsu like a 5/10 year "warranty" anyway?
Old Oct 13, 2004, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

You can't have 17s in the front and 18s in the back in a 4 wheel drive car, it will fry the transfer-case.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Is that true for tire size too? Must the front and rear tires be the same size on the EVO? The Porsche 911 4S is an awd car with bigger tires on the rear, so it can't be true that all awd cars must have the same size tires all around.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

i have no more respect for them if they are gonna do that. hey maybe we need a warranty on our tires since they wear out so fast 15k miles on mine pathetic sorry. least the stock clutch is still holding up

Quick Reply: Wow, can't believe Mitsu said this....