Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wow, can't believe Mitsu said this....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the warranty depends on what year you bought ur car. in 03 it was a 5/60k mile i think. if these dealerships dont learn they make money to keep our cars intack then its their loss for their business. mitsu pays them not us but all ends well when they find out not many of us are coming back. i have a warranty issue in the past with them & i had to go to mitsu main office & talk to them over the phone
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Haste
I didn't know Lancers got Advans too.
Under a friend's screenname..... Of course lancers don't come with the advans.... I wouldn't of posted under the EVO GENERAL section if I was talking about a lancer.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I have 17x7 wheels on my Camry. I had a wheel bearing go bad while still under warranty. The dealer told me that the aftermarket wheels casued the bearing failure since they're heavier. Mind you, these are the same size wheels TRD sold for the Solara/Camry (and probably the same weight). This was in '99, so I don't know if was pre-Magnesson-Moss, but I didn't know enough to argue.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

That is suck bs I want to call you and tell her off.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The problem, sometimes, with aftermarket wheels is people who do not put the right offset wheel on there. The result is a LOT more stress on the bearings as the above poster found out.

But if the offset is right, and the center of the wheel is centered on the bearing then I wuold take fight them to make them prove, scientifically, how it caused a problem.

The MAg Moss act was a while ago (too lazy to search) so this didn't pre-date it

As for the Porche having different sized tires the issue isn't that the tires have to be the same size, but that they have to be the same size ratio to keep the limited slips from overheating / wearing out due to continual engagment.

In our case the tires are supposed to be the same size (circumference). I wouldn't want to imagine how porche owners choose different model/brands of tires because size info is so hard to come by and it varies so much it would be hard to get the same ratio even choosing the exact same rated tire size as stock but from a different tire maker.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, all I know is that I ordered these rims from the Tire Rack, and they came with hub-centric rings. I don't think the off set was off (for lack of a better word).
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Not that you should have to, but why not just put the stock wheels back on when taking cars in for service, if not just to avoid conflict. It only takes a few minutes, and is probably worth the trouble if it'll save you thousands in warranty work. Again, not that you should have too.