Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wow, can't believe Mitsu said this....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, can't believe Mitsu said this....

I called City Mitsubishi in Jacksonville, FL to have them run a VIN for me to make sure the warranty had no "restrictions" on it. The nice lady on the phone aked me if i could come buy so the service dept could look at the vehicle. I then told her no, that the vehicle was across the country....she said, "well, we need to look it over because if it has aftermarket wheels on it, the warranty is no longer any good". I was like, so, if it has aftermarket wheels on it, it voids the entire bumper to bumper warranty and the power train warranty as well? She said, yes, aftermarket wheels put a strain on the entire car and therefore will void any warranty existing on the car. she said, this comes strait from mitsubishi, we don't make these decisions. I couldn't believe that. Have any of you gotten any sh*t about having aftermarket wheels?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, thats about the biggest BS lie I have EVER heard.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bwahahaha ask for that in writing
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

usually good dealers are anxious to do warranty work. they get paid for it. Other dealers seem hell bent on seeing an angry customer.

My local honda dealer put a new clutch in my S2000 along with some TSB.... they were more than happy to have the car in there. Same with my 03 cobra mustang... the dealer was more than happy to put a new head on it trying to get rid of the ticking sound.

Other dealers have supposed told people that a simply K&N airfilter voids the warranty and they won't even work on the car (losing all that free income in the process).
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, that is pretty haemo. Try another dealership and see what they say.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It made me laugh. I was like, ive heard these stories....but you can't be serious. I was like, bigger wheels have absoloutly nothing to do with the motor. I was like, MAYBE i could understand voiding a suspension warranty due to lower profile tires....but damn.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 07:57 AM

dealerships have to prove that a part caused a problem. go to a dealer with a clue.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Start video taping or record the conversation and send it to the news channel.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

This is why i went down there and told them i dont want the warranty anymore. They gave me some money back and that was that. After of course they recorded my mileage.

Chris
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

My dealership voided my warranty because I had different tires. same size, same stock wheels, just not the advans. Guess what they told me a week before I bought the wheels, that THEY could no longer order the tires. WTF? So i can't order the tires from mistu, yet if I get another tires somewhere else my warrenty is void. Hrmmm looks like you guys better not change your tires. EVERYONE knows the stock advans are good to 100,000 miles ..... Idiots
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

I would have gone down there just to smack that women silly, that is by far the most stupid thing I have ever heard...
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

i need to call and ask them what kinds of car wash/ car wax and windshield fuilds I need to use to keep my warranty
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

city mitsu sucks.....i called them like last month when i was in town to ask about getting an MR. some women noticed that my number was from out of town (biloxi, ms number...although i'm from jacksonville and my parents have 2 houses there). she told me she couldnt give any info on the phone and that the MRs they were getting were only for local buyers....no out of town buyers....what sucks is that i had deposit in hand......what a bunch of blah holes......plus after i hung up mad on them....she called me for the next two days to invite me to come "look" at what tehy have...
Old Oct 12, 2004, 09:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hmm.. I'm sure that woman probably has no idea and is telling you what she is told.. However it is a LIE.. Although mitsubishi does not recommend changing your wheels, it will not void any warranty, they would have to prove without a doubt any modification contributed to the failure. Anyway, find a different dealer to work with.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Epidemic
My dealership voided my warranty because I had different tires. same size, same stock wheels, just not the advans. Guess what they told me a week before I bought the wheels, that THEY could no longer order the tires. WTF? So i can't order the tires from mistu, yet if I get another tires somewhere else my warrenty is void. Hrmmm looks like you guys better not change your tires. EVERYONE knows the stock advans are good to 100,000 miles ..... Idiots
I didn't know Lancers got Advans too.

Quick Reply: Wow, can't believe Mitsu said this....