Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RS Owners

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have to be locked individually from the inside (or you can lock the front doors from the outside with the key.

Cars have had electric window lifts and door looks for so long that my 7-year-old son had NEVER SEEN a car with wind up windows before. He said "Daddy, what's the lever for?" LOL
Old Oct 30, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Get one, you don't need all that comfort shiaz!

I have a red 04 rs, its real low key no wing. I think it gets back to the real spirit of a RS (rally sport), like the old '74 Porsche RS, no unnecessary gizmos and electronic distractions. I use this car as my daily commuter, no regrets here. Yes, you can hear gravel etc. due to the lack of sound insulation, but you will get used to it. And you can get these cars at or below invoice. What a bargin, more money for mods. I have no plans to install a radio, just love the sound of the engine, and my Greddy ti exhaust too much!
Old Nov 16, 2004, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an '04 RS and right now I'm finishing up the "luxury" conversions. The EVO VII wing went on first. On the interior I have new A-pillars with tweeters, JL speakers throughout with DYNOMAT, Pioneer flip-up DVD player, "metal" colored radio dash piece, center consol with lid, visors with vanity mirrors, power window/lock conversion, and floor mats. The extra $6 grand I saved by not getting the regular EVO is going straight into the engine bay.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 07:03 PM

Question Where are the rear speaker wires on the RS

Thanks in advance for the help. I am installing a Pioneer radio and can not locate the prewired wires for the rear speakers. Also is there power to the radio harness or do I needed to add a fuse?
Old Nov 16, 2004, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

The car is already pre-wired for just about EVERYTHING with fuses for EVERYTHING already installed. The only wires it doesn't have are the wiring harnesses for the power windows/locks.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 07:19 PM

RS rear speaker wires?

Will I find the speaker wires under the rear deck or in the trunk?

Thanks

I love the car.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

I am looking into getting an evo, and the more money i save the better. After reading this thread i am seriously thinking about looking into a RS. It seems like you can just add the acessories afterwards. Give me a good reason why i should go for the RS and not a GSR.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

$$$$ - Well, if you want luxury features like power windows and the huge cop magnet wing get the GSR, but there are plenty of wrecked ones out there to scavange parts from if you want these things on your RS. The stock radio sucks, you'll want to replace that anyways. The RS is less forgiving for unskilled drivers (no abs) and louder without the sound insulation and the trunk is unfinished. All the '05s have ACD and LSD now so I think it really boils down to economics. Only the '04 RS had the LSD so it was a no brainer for me. The RS is not all that popular with the masses so you can easily get it at invoice leaving more $$$ for go fast mods. Just depends on what you are looking for in a car.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was seriously considering an 05 RS but the fact that it didn't have:
1. ABS (very important to me)
2. Power Window/Mirrors
3. Power Door locks

Steered me clear away .... it seems like the perfect EVO for me is a mismash of parts between the 3. Pretty much a GSR with Alumium roof, BBS wheels and possibly bilstein shocks is what I really want or an MR minus the 6 speed ...

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Nov 16, 2004 at 09:29 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moab3man
I am looking into getting an evo, and the more money i save the better. After reading this thread i am seriously thinking about looking into a RS. It seems like you can just add the acessories afterwards. Give me a good reason why i should go for the RS and not a GSR.
As hi_nrg_fizzix said, only the RS has a front limited slip for '04. That brought the trim right to the top of my car buying considerations. For '05, weight saving is probably the biggest draw. Well, that and price.

And I agree that you (and everybody else) should be careful when purchasing a car without antilock brakes. Even if you're a good driver you need to train yourself not to stomp during an emergency situation. The GSR and MR abs system is very good and can usually do better than a human during a straightline emergency stop.

d
Old Nov 16, 2004, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

For people paying invoice... like 25+ or wutevers is that out the door just curious
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

OTD price will vary depending on your state's taxes and license fees. Check edmunds.com for invoice pricing on the '05 which is a bit more than the '04(a bit over $25k). Paying significantly over invoice is just padding the dealers wallet and foolish. Shop around with the internet quotes, take the best one and go to the next lowest and see if they will deal, what fun!

Last edited by hi_nrg_fizzix; Nov 16, 2004 at 11:11 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 03:44 AM
Evolving Member

Apparantly the lack of the 5000 rpm launch rev limiter in the 05 RS is another thing to consider, although not publicized.

Last edited by markdaddio; Nov 17, 2004 at 03:46 AM. Reason: correction
Old Nov 17, 2004, 03:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8rs4sale
I have an RS and don't think anyone can tell the difference in interior sound levels between the RS and Evo 8.
As a prior owner of an 03 GSR and now an 04 RS I completely disagree. When the cars are stock, the GSR is a little quieter but not by much. Most noticeable difference is the increase in tranny noise inside the cabin. HOWEVER, once you add an aftermarket exhaust the difference is huge. I transferred my exhaust off my 03 to my RS and it's unlivable, so I'm going with a quieter setup. BIG difference.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 01:50 PM

I found the speaker wires under the rear caovers taped down.