Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My upgrade path. What you think?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My upgrade path. What you think?

Well I recently purchased my 2003 Apex Silver Evo last week. I see my money going faster then ever, but anyways this is what I'm thinking for my upgrade path just thought I'd share and see what you guys think. First of all these are the parts I have already purchased and are on their way:

MR DV
EVO VII Taillights
RMR CF gauge pod
Perrin oil catch can
Defi-Link Boost gauge and control unit
Grounding kit

I was thinking of getting some more gauges so I can better monitor my car. I was thinking oil temp and oil pressure since oil is very important for a car like this. Do you guys think I should get to other gauges instead? My next step is to purchase the XEDE then purchase the signature series exhaust from vishnu. Do you guys think this is the right path I'm heading into? I don't want to get to serious since this is my daily driver, but I do want some more power out of the evo. Do you think I should buy some strut bars or sway bars before the xede or wait for that later? Just getting some ideas. Thanks in advance and here is for all of you that help out.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Do the Buschur exhaust and the Exde. I made really good power with that combination.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

I was gonna say get the AEM EMS, but since you said you only wanted to make a little more power without getting too serious I will agree with getting the xede.

I agree with the previous poster on the Buschur exhaust too however, instead of the vishnu.

Exhaust temp gauge is another important gauge, but if you have both oil gauges it's hardly more than just another gauge.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I'm not that hardcore of a tuner so anything I can bolt on or plug-in and play will be perfect. Thats why I decided to go with the xede. How does the buschar sound? I had a magnaflow on my lancer and I love the way it sounded thats why I'm more towards the vishnu signature. I just think the vishun signature is just a tad exspensive.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

If the signuture exhaust is a bit pricey, take a peek at our nonsig system. Despite it being more affordable, some people actually prefer it regardless of cost. It comes with a modular high flow cat (or test pipe optional), a flex joint, resonator, and a muffler with adjustable threaded hangers for proper bumper fitment. Careful on taking advice from people who have not seen both. Usually people tend to prefer what they have (or what the sell, of course )

Cheers,
shiv
Old Oct 16, 2004, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Careful on taking advice from people who have not seen both. Usually people tend to prefer what they have (or what the sell, of course )

Cheers,
shiv
I have neither

I had my turbo back custom fabricated with a magnaflow muffler. Cheaper than both of you.

Considering doing it with intercooler piping too. Will let you guys know if I do
Old Oct 16, 2004, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

so in other words my path is ok, but I should keep looking for an exhaust? I would spend the money on a good exhaust if it is worth the money. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking for a good sounding exhaust, with good power gains after I install the Xede.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

I personally think that is not a good pattern. I would go with exhaust and boost control to start things out.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Why spend so much money? Your not looking for that much power, just get an SAFCII with plug-n-play and go with any 3" turboback exhaust. You should easily make 40+awhp/tq more then stock. You don't even need a boost controller. Running the stock boost is fine. People with just SAFCII with 3" turboback have run high 12's. You can find used SAFCII's here on the classifys for $250 and used turboback for about $500.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

How easy is it to tune an SAFCII by myself? Just lean it out a bit right?
Old Oct 17, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

The xede controls boost and a/f so why get an safc if the xede can do that plus more?