Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Defi Boost Gauge Vaccum Line Bent??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defi Boost Gauge Vaccum Line Bent??

I just got my Defi D-series boost gauge in the mail and the vaccum line has a crimp in it, is this supposed to be there? It seems like it would have a negative effect on the guage accuracy with a crimp in the line but I saw a picture in an install write up on the gauge and that line had a crimp in it too...
Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Crimp? It's vacume tubing right, the rubber type? Or is it the hard 1/8" nylon line type?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Its the rubber hose type. it looks like a kink like in a garden hose, the tube is pressed down at one point.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

u mean from it being rolled up in the box right...?like a crease in the line..? just play around w. it...and get it to pop back out as much as u can...it should be ok then..but if ure **** go to lappens or some autoparts store and get new hose...

try here if u want....www.boostcontrollers.com
Old Oct 17, 2004, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

alright, I actually dont need some of the rubber line so im just going to cut that piece off, I just wanted to make sure it was from it being bent in the box and not made that way for some reason. Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:54 PM

Yeah, a kink would be no good it would throw off your boost reading. If you can squeeze it out or cut it off, then that will be good. If not, you can always buy new hose for pretty cheap. You don't require too long of a hose, maybe 10ft, so you can get clear water hose from Home Depot for like $2, or get some silicone vacume stuff for like $10.

Good luck with the install