Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does anyone know how much Dealer Mark-Up is "ok"?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0 mark up is okay...**** a markup...that is stupid that people are paying that extra cash to own any car. They are tacking on a "just because" price. I personally took my business elsewhere and it paid off too.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I know you are all excited about being the first one on your block with an '05 EVO MR. Don't pay dealer mark-up, period. It's BS. I love the latest sports car, and have, over the years, tried to be one of the early ones to get the latest hot car. But I REFUSE to pay dealer mark-up. That is for suckers. If you are ready to buy an MR and have your cash/financing lined up, just tell the sales manager -- I don't pay that shid. I'll buy it for MSRP (or $500 under MSRP, or whatever). If they say no, don't be afraid to walk out. Six months from now, MRs will be going begging for buyers at $500 over invoice. Bide your time and take advantage of the fact that Mitsu USA dealers are in serious trouble and need to sell cars, no matter what.
My feelings exactly.......and I walked out laughing at the salesman who was at least 5 years younger than me.